Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY & Coker

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If building a college football program from 15 years of shit to a NC was akin to creating a character on dungeons and dragons or drafting afantasy football team, yes, firing half your coaching staff to get slightly better recruiting results while maintaining wverything else would make sense.

Unfortunately, it's not. Starting next year with a brand new OC, QB coach, LB coach, Special Teams coach, DB coach, TE coach, DL coach and 2nd year OL and WR coach (who have thus far not proven themselves as position coaches) could help us "do better" in recruiting.it's more likely a recipe for taking a conference contender and turning them into a 3-6 team.

The simple solution of "just fire everyone and hire guys that are great coaches and great recruiters" is an overly simplistic way of looking at this. Why doesn't every team do that?

Smith should be gone regardless, and I think he will be.
    Malloe should be gone if they strike out on Taimani and Togai.
    Other than that, you're risking too much in player development and program stability. You end up where UCLA is now.

We have one of the absolute best leaders in CFB, UW can get truly elite with better coaches and recruiters. That is all I’m saying. And not everyone can get those types of coaches because they either don’t want to work with a shit head coach, or they want to get paid more. UW can offer pay and a great HC.

I just want to support our elite head coach, that has developed an elite culture, that has an elite defensive scheme and DC. That’s it.

I am sorry for that.
    You should be. It's all your fault.

Stop calling Pete elite. Until he is.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

How is Scott White as a recruiter? Guessing he is going to be available...may be another option as a LB coach/10th coach. Don't think there is anyone else we would want on that staff (I'd rather have Alexander than Martin).

Didn't Scott White play at UW??
    I assume that's why he was brought up.

From somewhere in San DIego. Came up with Stanley Daniels. Both committed the Chris Massey Holiday Bowel year, IIRC.
    He's before my time at UW lol but there seem to be a lot coaches in PAC-12 that played at UW.... Scott white, Duane Akina, tui
    IKAIKA MALLOE!!!
    Fuck ikaika!! Send his ass back to Utah state
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BallzDeep said:

AZDuck said:

Competing for a playoff spot once or twice every 10 years is about the most a Pac 12 team can aspire to generally.

Fag
    You sound hurt. Don't like it, take some courses at Bama or some other big boy program so you can be a fan of a school that actually wins the big games instead of just getting there and shitting the bed.
    You must be an expert. All Oregon did during their golden era was make it to the big game and shit the bed. No natty. And that Alamo bowl is the record for biggest choke job in a bowl game history.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13rDfQNf0Q
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

How is Scott White as a recruiter? Guessing he is going to be available...may be another option as a LB coach/10th coach. Don't think there is anyone else we would want on that staff (I'd rather have Alexander than Martin).

Yeah, lb.

Last time I checked he was a coach at Cal ... But that may have been before Wilcox ... Probably before.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

From somewhere in San DIego. Came up with Stanley Daniels. Both committed the Chris Massey Holiday Bowel year, IIRC.
    He's before my time at UW lol but there seem to be a lot coaches in PAC-12 that played at UW.... Scott white, Duane Akina, tui
    IKAIKA MALLOE!!!
    OUCH
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

IKAIKA MALLOE!!!
    OUCH
    This not that bad. I did threaten to rape Ikaika prison style. Pretty proud moment for me at HH.