Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY & Coker

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

For me personally I’d fire: Smith, Malloe, Gregory, and Paopao (don’t really care one way or the other on Paopao though), and the 5th coach would be the coach we need to hire anyways for the 10th spot.

I just don’t see Gregory doing anywhere near enough on the recruiting front to elevate us, that’s all.

And concerning Sirmon, I have no desire for him to be our DC ever. But I’d love to have him on staff recruiting and coaching LB’s or DL depending on what position we need to fill.

I just want coaches that are good at both coaching and recruiting. We just don’t have guys connecting on the recruiting front, that’s my biggest issue currently.

You act like recruiting has been bad ... we are getting arguably as good of recruiting classes that we have ever had. Can it be better ... always. But it’s far from broken.

No arguments on Babushka and Malloe for reasons well documented.

I have no compelling reason for/against Paopao ... he’s roughly done what he should do and falls in Bonerpopper territory to me (Boner better tho) ...

Gregory is a good coach both for LBs and Special Teams ... don’t make the mistake of devaluing good coaching. Could we use a 10th coach like Sirmon that has a LB background that is a recruiting upgrade? Sure.

I can look at Lubick and see solid recruiting ... can I see solid coaching yet? The WRs may be the most disappointing positional group on the team.

You also have to be looking at what messages you are sending to your staff as well in any changes ... if you aspire to have stability you also have to promote it ... it’s a 2 way street

Firing 4+ coaches is crazy to me ... it’s not broken to that degree ... calling for that kind of turnover is easy when you don’t have to deal with the reprocussions
    Its not good enough for me, I believe we can do better.
    Do better = yes

Turn things upside down = no

I think firing two more coaches outside of the two everyone wants fired does not equal turning things upside down.

I believe in Pete, I think he could somehow manage to handle this.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

For me personally I’d fire: Smith, Malloe, Gregory, and Paopao (don’t really care one way or the other on Paopao though), and the 5th coach would be the coach we need to hire anyways for the 10th spot.

I just don’t see Gregory doing anywhere near enough on the recruiting front to elevate us, that’s all.

And concerning Sirmon, I have no desire for him to be our DC ever. But I’d love to have him on staff recruiting and coaching LB’s or DL depending on what position we need to fill.

I just want coaches that are good at both coaching and recruiting. We just don’t have guys connecting on the recruiting front, that’s my biggest issue currently.

You act like recruiting has been bad ... we are getting arguably as good of recruiting classes that we have ever had. Can it be better ... always. But it’s far from broken.

No arguments on Babushka and Malloe for reasons well documented.

I have no compelling reason for/against Paopao ... he’s roughly done what he should do and falls in Bonerpopper territory to me (Boner better tho) ...

Gregory is a good coach both for LBs and Special Teams ... don’t make the mistake of devaluing good coaching. Could we use a 10th coach like Sirmon that has a LB background that is a recruiting upgrade? Sure.

I can look at Lubick and see solid recruiting ... can I see solid coaching yet? The WRs may be the most disappointing positional group on the team.

You also have to be looking at what messages you are sending to your staff as well in any changes ... if you aspire to have stability you also have to promote it ... it’s a 2 way street

Firing 4+ coaches is crazy to me ... it’s not broken to that degree ... calling for that kind of turnover is easy when you don’t have to deal with the reprocussions
    Its not good enough for me, I believe we can do better.
    Do better = yes

Turn things upside down = no

I think firing two more coaches outside of the two everyone wants fired does not equal turning things upside down.

I believe in Pete, I think he could somehow manage to handle this.
    That’s total BS ... when you also assume that Lake likely leaves that’s turning over over half of the staff of a team that will likely win 10 or 11 games that had a massive rash of key injuries and was stymied by the lack of QB growth (which Babushka will pay for on top of his lack of offensive identity) and piss poor FG kicking.

Significant change usually results in short-term chaos and underperformance.

A more measured approach is required here as outside of Smith and Malloe (massive recruiting fails) nobody else has done anything to warrant losing their job over.

It’s easy to say people should be fired ... but randomly just throwing out that people should without deserved reasons is beyond irresponsible.

I don’t have the time to list all the misses Gregory has had in recruiting.

You said earlier “could we do better in recruiting? Yes.”

THEN WHY IS IT SO OUTRAGEOUS TO WANT TO MAKE CHANGES TO DO BETTER? It makes no fucking sense man.
    Is Gregory a good coach?

Can you solve the recruiting misses by devoting the 10th coach to assisting in LB recruiting?

What do you want out of the 10th coach?

And I’m assuming that by recruiting misses on Gregory you are talking outside at the Buck position ... who recruits Bucks?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

dnc said:

Oh and Pete will be competing for the playoff more than once or twice the next decade.

What makes you think that? He pissed this season away. I mean, what a waste. Have a FG kicker who can put away a 30 yard kick. Down right pathetic.

Pete had a mixture of Sark recruits he probably would have never gotten to come to Washington and was able to sneak into the playoffs last year. Like DDY said, Pete is the one who needs to get out of his comfort zone and change his philosophy. Don James did it in 1988 so I guess Pete could?

If this staff doesn't kill it instate between 2019-2021 then he isn't sniffing another playoff. If Pete continues to recruit the Haener's & the Harris' of the world then the program is fucked. We all know there is no way Yankoff and Sirmon are both here all four years. One will win the job and the other will bail. So the one who sticks better pan out and you better have another QB on deck to push the starter. Like the TSIO guys are saying, Jake has not had to look over his shoulder.

The point I was making about recruiting in the South, is you better have strong fucking inroads to spend valuable time there.

Ya, next year the secondary should be solid, but if you are sieve in the trenches then it makes everyone's job a lot harder. If Gaines leaves the depth will be beyond razor thin. Who do you have behind Jaylen & Levi? McCoy & Pulu?
    Calm down little Jimmy. I know you absorb whatever you are hearing like a sponge without any critical thought but let’s think about this for a second.

Yes, our recruiting potential is higher than our recruiting reality.

No, we didn’t go to the playoff on the backs of Sark recruits in year 3.

No, our talent levels are not dropping. Every class has been a little bit better.

No, we aren’t going to be perennially 8-4 to 10-2. Coker and DDY are talking about what is needed to get us to the elite level not the top of our shit conference.
    What's the issue troll? I enjoy the pod!
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Pete is the most important coach.

Remember that.

I want that Cal coach!!!

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,265
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Serious question:
    Did we compete for a playoff berth this year?

You don’t make the playoffs every year in which you compete for them. We’re not making the playoffs but it’s because we have two road losses by 1 score to shit teams.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Double shitpoast (thanks @dnc for breaking it up)

Ideal situation for me is as follows:
    Hamdan (co-OC/QBs) for Babuskha
    - Lubick calls the plays and Hamdan recruits

JD Williams (secondary) for Lake
    - Contingent on Lake actually leaving

Choate (DLs) for Malloe
    - Not gonna happen, but I also don't think there is an elite DL coach on the west coast, so maybe someone in TX or Tosh (not likely)

Gregory to full time ST coach

Sirmon to LBs

Biggest downside would be too many white guys on staff.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

Double shitpoast (thanks @dnc for breaking it up)

Ideal situation for me is as follows:
    Hamdan (co-OC/QBs) for Babuskha
    - Lubick calls the plays and Hamdan recruits

JD Williams (secondary) for Lake
    - Contingent on Lake actually leaving

Choate (DLs) for Malloe
    - Not gonna happen, but I also don't think there is an elite DL coach on the west coast, so maybe someone in TX or Tosh (not likely)

Gregory to full time ST coach

Sirmon to LBs

Biggest downside would be too many white guys on staff.

I'd be all for this except I'd rather have Hamdan calling plays than Lubick.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just curious, why the love for Heyward? I thought he was above average, but recruiting and development was hit and miss in his last go around.

Williams is a superstar recruiter, but I realize his talent development is a bit of a question mark.