Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Huskies-Cardinal Game Thread Sponsored by Mark Emmert

1646566676870»

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Peterson post-game: "We weren't explosive enough."

He's caught the Smiff virus, completely on the wrong track. Grinding, punishing abuse by the O-Line wins games, not gimmicky, fuck-tarded trick plays. "Explosive?" Stanford just beat your ass with first down after first down. If you want to call a routine pass down the middle "explosive," then you're an idiot.

Pete needs to come out and tell us if there's some magic number of explosive plays that when you hit, you win 80% of those games. If not, then he recruited and is playing a qb who does not have the arm strength to hit those plays which is on him.

Especially in this POS defense optional conference, you will win a ton of games by running the ball down teams throats until they choke on it. We just got beat tonight by a team that does exactly that.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wish we could conduct the Monday interview. It would be so entertaining!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    Peterson should've said, "We got beat by a Don James-like team today."
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gotta say, Softy's callers are on it with the Q's tonight. Of course, Baird has his excuse generator on full speed, as usual, but Millen has clearly departed the Browning train.

Millen has walked right up to the line in questioning w/ Jake and his abilities which in Millen speak means he has major questions, but won't come out and say it.
  • Options
    Fuck me.

Since we can't call for death, can we call for Baird's forcible retirement? "Jake's not playing well because he didn't get a red shirt year in the weight room." Jesus Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Wow, Millen's even saying things like "That was a gross miss."

"When that light's green, that ball's gotta go."

The end could be nearing for Smiff. I'm starting to feel better already.

Still troubling that Pete has been so loyal towards him.

Good head coaches recognize the weak links & get rid of them pronto.

Four fucking seasons with Babushka... brutal!
    What word comes to mind when considering Smiff's play-calling?

For me, it's "amateur." Amateurs always think trickery > execution.

Good coaches know execution >>>>> trickery.
    Agree.

Painful to watch something go right and then think "I bet he's going to call a stupid play ... and fuck it up"

He's one of those guys that thinks "if everyone zigs we zag!" Instead of "ain't broke, don't fix it"

Additionally, our contain defence that funnels flow through the middle or at least tries to flow defenders to the ball ... It at its weakest when playing a team like Stanford.

We didn't have the horses tonight. We had the momentum and Browning/fuller fucked it up. Should have been 21-7 with momentum and forcing Stanford to deviate from their gameplan ... Petersen knew it too.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck me.

Since we can't call for death, can we call for Baird's forcible retirement? "Jake's not playing well because he didn't get a red shirt year in the weight room." Jesus Fucking Christ.

You can call for his maiming . It's not deathI have done it with Smith and Baird deserves it as well.
  • Options
    Softy is calling out Smiff by name at this point.

Lost the battle, but could win the war? Let us pray.
  • Options
    Softy just said "Burn the script."

Okay, Softy: Which one of these degenerate fucks is you?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Well you know when you've lost Softy, you're in danger.

Baird will say inane nonsense about how coaches have to feed their families for absolutely anyone.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jake Browning without John Ross is like a handicapped wheel chair racer without his hands.

So many jokes writing themselves, but I don't want to be banned, even if he hasn't been on here since September 9.
    If he doesn't return by Christmas, my gift to the people is to reinstate wheelchair jokes.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899

Baird will say inane nonsense about how coaches have to feed their families for absolutely anyone.

If he has lost softy, smith might not make it to next week.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

If he has lost softy, smith might not make it to next week.
    I hope DDY and Coker pod about how Smiff's fucked up offense and centerpiece QB are shutting down all kinds of QB & WR options for UW, nationwide. Imagine UW being undefeated right now. With a decent QB and OC, it's not a stretch at all. It's a fact. Yet, we seem to be committed to mediocrity until we recruit both awesome QBs and WRs. But what 4-5 star QB or WR wants to play for that POS OC at Warshington? We are fucking ourselves with this shit.