Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ran into Coach Pete at a record store on the Ave

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What's a record store?

You mean you don't have a collection of Scott Joplin 78's that get played on an RCA Victrola your living room? You call yourself an old timer?

My wife got rid of my vinyl years ago like the mom who threw out the baseball cards.

I am 100% digital but there really is nothing like putting a disc on the turntable.

When I was single if I could get the girl to my place to listen to records it was a 81% sure thing that my musical genius would get her pants off.
    Music was many a halfbrain's savior during the young and clumsy years.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Meek said:

It's a great time to own a vinyl pressing plant. Those guys have more business than they know what to do with at present.
    Henry Rollins said in an interview that the only way to listen to music is on vinyl. He said mp3s are criminal and rob the artist of their soul, or something like that.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

It's a great time to own a vinyl pressing plant. Those guys have more business than they know what to do with at present.
    Henry Rollins said in an interview that the only way to listen to music is on vinyl. He said mp3s are criminal and rob the artist of their soul, or something like that.
    He's right on MP3s. They are compressed, shitty sounding garbage. But High Res (96/24 or better) digital can be really, really good, especially for music that was recording digitally which is pretty much anything past the 80's (a few artists today still record to analog tape, however).
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

Harvey Road said in an interview that the only way to listen to music is on vinyl. He said mp3s are criminal and rob the artist of their soul, or something like that.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

What's a record store?

You mean you don't have a collection of Scott Joplin 78's that get played on an RCA Victrola your living room? You call yourself an old timer?

My wife got rid of my vinyl years ago like the mom who threw out the baseball cards.

I am 100% digital but there really is nothing like putting a disc on the turntable.

When I was single if I could get the girl to my place to listen to records it was a 81% sure thing that my musical genius would get her pants off.
    81% of my best friends dates are digital and there ain't nothing wrong with it (I own a shit ton of CDs too) but they all agree you can't top a quality vinyl rig. Multiple listening test have confirmed this. But as big of a vinyl dork as I am, it's never been involved in helping me close a sale as a single guy. SAD.
    Sorry.

I was projecting.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

What's a record store?

81% of my best friends dates are digital and there ain't nothing wrong with it (I own a shit ton of CDs too) but they all agree you can't top a quality vinyl rig. Multiple listening test have confirmed this. But as big of a vinyl dork as I am, it's never been involved in helping me close a sale as a single guy. SAD.
    Sorry.

I was projecting.
    True SalemKewg. When I was last a single guy 81% of the dates did come from internet leads. That's where the chicks are these days. If your stat line shows 6'6" and you have a jerb, combined with a profile pic showing a full head/not fat, it's not hard either.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

What's a record store?

Sorry.

I was projecting.
    True SalemKewg. When I was last a single guy 81% of the dates did come from internet leads. That's where the chicks are these days. If your stat line shows 6'6" and you have a jerb, combined with a profile pic showing a full head/not fat, it's not hard either.
    Not nearly as successful when you post 5'6" so I lie and say 5'8. Might have to try out the 6'6" strictly for online fun.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Actually though, what is a record store?

Imagine a comic book store filled with creepy old perverts. Back in the day tho it was a place to score cool posters and cut off t-shirts with the British Flag on them Shout out to "Mirage"
    Sarkasm my friend Sarkasm.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

"When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on Side One of Led Zeppelin IV." - @WeAreAFatLesboSchool @MikeDamone
    Swaye's Wigwam

Internet is for fags. Picking up slutty chicks at the bar is one of my favorite hobbies

Because it involves drinking heavily with a nice surprise at night and a crappy surprise in the morning most of the time

Isn't fornicating with a female the opposite of being a fag? There's sluts on the internet too.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2017

Internet is for fags. Picking up slutty chicks at the bar is one of my favorite hobbies

Because it involves drinking heavily with a nice surprise at night and a crappy surprise in the morning most of the time

Isn't fornicating with a female the opposite of being a fag? There's sluts on the internet too.

With man boobs the size of C Fets and micropenises but ya sure! Whatever floats your boat.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

What's a record store?

what was his name?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dick_B said:

What's a record store?

what was his name?
    @Dick_B
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club

What's a record store?

Is it weird that I have Douglas MacArthur’s farewell speech to Congress on a 78? Is it weirder that no one knows who MacArthur is?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    AEB said:

What's a record store?

Is it weird that I have Douglas MacArthur’s farewell speech to Congress on a 78? Is it weirder that no one knows who MacArthur is?
    McArthur surrendered the Phillipines. Yes, he returned victorious but he still surrendered.

UW tried, and almost beat SC in 84 (they didn’t surrender) but still lost. The Mormons stole our Natty but we still fucking lost, even though we? Didn’t surrender.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756
    AEB said:

What's a record store?

Da fuq?!?

One of my two dads served under MacArthur in Korea. To his death, he cursed that motherfucker as an attention whoring glory hound who didn't give a shit about his troops.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Dick_B said:

What's a record store?

what was his name?
    Who the fuck are you?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2017

AEB said:

What's a record store?

Da fuq?!?

One of my two dads served under MacArthur in Korea. To his death, he cursed that motherfucker as an attention whoring glory hound who didn't give a shit about his troops.

I think the first clue may have been when they did a second take on his return to the Philippines
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Imagine a comic book store filled with creepy old perverts.

Imagine?