Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ran into Coach Pete at a record store on the Ave

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited November 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
He was buying this on vinyl.

One of you enterprising (and unemployed) fucktards here with time on your hands can Photoshop the coaching staff's faces onto this for sure.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I ran into Coach Pete at a grocery store in Seattle yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Cool story
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Free Pub Bitches! I bought that LP on the Ave next to the 7-11 in the late 90's for like $1.99. All the Kenny Jones era Who albums sucks, but "Eminence Front" has some good HH vernacular- e.g., the sun shines, and people forget
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    P.S. Pete Townshend is the greatest songwriter of all time in the history of rock.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

It's a great time to own a vinyl pressing plant. Those guys have more business than they know what to do with at present.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's a record store?

You mean you don't have a collection of Scott Joplin 78's that get played on an RCA Victrola your living room? You call yourself an old timer?

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Actually though, what is a record store?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2017

Actually though, what is a record store?

Imagine a comic book store filled with creepy old perverts. Back in the day tho it was a place to score cool posters and cut off t-shirts with the British Flag on them Shout out to "Mirage"
    This is a pretty solid description. Go into a place like Silver Platters SODO today and it's pretty much 70% creepy, pederast looking old dudes + 30% hipsters. Very few chicks, and if there are any they are ugly hipster ones.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's a record store?

You mean you don't have a collection of Scott Joplin 78's that get played on an RCA Victrola your living room? You call yourself an old timer?

My wife got rid of my vinyl years ago like the mom who threw out the baseball cards.

I am 100% digital but there really is nothing like putting a disc on the turntable.

When I was single if I could get the girl to my place to listen to records it was a 81% sure thing that my musical genius would get her pants off.
    81% of my best friends are digital and there ain't nothing wrong with it (I own a shit ton of CDs too) but they all agree you can't top a quality vinyl rig. Multiple listening test have confirmed this. But as big of a vinyl dork as I am, it's never been involved in helping me close a sale as a single guy. SAD.