Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Looks like he'll visit in January. Given the size of the class we just signed and the timing, is he going to be the only person on a visit?

We are only over by two schollies and there are a number of kids who could transfer or declare. We can easily sign 3 more- one buck, one safety, one DT ideally.
    Agree except for the fact that I am not sure there is a quality S we are in on. I'd take Cravens (DT), as he might be something, and Martin (BUCK) obviously. As far as S prospects we have a chance on I don't know of any good ones left?
    This is where Jimmy Lake earns the big bucks. He's produced some serious stars out of 3 star DB's. He's gotta go find another underrated gem who can be solid or better at safety.

I believe in him.
    Irvin is still available...
    That would obviously be the ideal solution
    Does Hufanga signing with USC and the family emergency combine to make UW the best bet? My thinking here is he may need to stay relatively close to home and that UW would be the best situation for that with USC's depth. Obviously improbable but a boy can dream.
    Pretty sure if it is really a family emergency he ends up at ucla.
    Depends on the emergency. If the emergency was grandma had a stroke and is in ICU and I'm not traveling before she passes it could be over before the next signing period. If the emergency is mom broke her neck and is in a wheelchair that's probably keeping him at UCLA.

We don't know anything at this point.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Looks like he'll visit in January. Given the size of the class we just signed and the timing, is he going to be the only person on a visit?

We are only over by two schollies and there are a number of kids who could transfer or declare. We can easily sign 3 more- one buck, one safety, one DT ideally.
    Agree except for the fact that I am not sure there is a quality S we are in on. I'd take Cravens (DT), as he might be something, and Martin (BUCK) obviously. As far as S prospects we have a chance on I don't know of any good ones left?
    This is where Jimmy Lake earns the big bucks. He's produced some serious stars out of 3 star DB's. He's gotta go find another underrated gem who can be solid or better at safety.

I believe in him.
    Irvin is still available...
    That would obviously be the ideal solution
    Does Hufanga signing with USC and the family emergency combine to make UW the best bet? My thinking here is he may need to stay relatively close to home and that UW would be the best situation for that with USC's depth. Obviously improbable but a boy can dream.
    Pretty sure if it is really a family emergency he ends up at ucla.
    Depends on the emergency. If the emergency was grandma had a stroke and is in ICU and I'm not traveling before she passes it could be over before the next signing period. If the emergency is mom broke her neck and is in a wheelchair that's probably keeping him at UCLA.

We don't know anything at this point.
    We know he is not coming to uw.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Just to ramp up the hype machine for Jeremiah... this is ONE FUCKING GAME (against a good team)...

This guy would play 35% of BUCK snaps for us next year. Holy Jesus.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7457680/5a14669f42061a246c93e281
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Just to ramp up the hype machine for Jeremiah... this is ONE FUCKING GAME (against a good team)...

Christmas is over. There will be no miracles for UW unless USC and UCLA fill up
  • Options
    And, a bonus game against a good opponent as well: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7457680/59c7c0939a91000cf4fa916c

My god.
  • Options

That's probably true... but USC won't have room for him. They are too tight already and they got McClain. They aren't going to stretch and take Martin as well.

UCLA is a possibility, but we have a legit shot because of how recruiting has gone this year.

PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD.
    Is USC running tight on scholarships?
  • Options

That's probably true... but USC won't have room for him. They are too tight already and they got McClain. They aren't going to stretch and take Martin as well.

UCLA is a possibility, but we have a legit shot because of how recruiting has gone this year.

PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD.
    USC is completely full. In order for anyone else to sign, people have to leave.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD.
    ...and they still have to make room for Taylor-Stewart, Amon Ra, and Penis Swell. Somewhere they will have to draw a line.

The bigger question for UW is how many spots UCLA has left.
  • Options

PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD.
    ...and they still have to make room for Taylor-Stewart, Amon Ra, and Penis Swell. Somewhere they will have to draw a line.

Do they have space for the commits that did not sign in early period?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PLEASE GOD PLEASE GOD.

Do they have space for the commits that did not sign in early period?
    No. They are full, which is why they held off on those guys. The interesting caveat is that Tuli is one of the guys they wanted to sign, and he didnt. There's another DT who didn't sign too. I'm thinking this is why they herded Tremblay around til the last possible minute.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trevor trout.

Goddamn why I know this shit.

Anyways, this is interesting tho that USC has put themselves into this situation.

That they seemingly don't get punished for these actions because they are "USC". Those guys on the sc boreds are used to it though and only a small percentage of them actually voice their minor displeasure of how people are treated in the USC recruiting process.

To be fair, once we get to near that level most of the guys here will become the same ... mixed in with that Petersen okg mentality.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    ucla appears to have plenty of room left.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

They have a lot of room, yes. They are in on a couple DE types - Elijah Wade from Gorman being the best one.

While USC scares the living shit out of me for any Cali kid, UCLA doesn't scare me nearly as much. We could actually beat UCLA for this kid.

I mean, it's like a 20% chance, but we could.
    So far we are 2 for 5 on DDY 20%ers.

I'm good with those odds.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Passion said:

They have a lot of room, yes. They are in on a couple DE types - Elijah Wade from Gorman being the best one.

While USC scares the living shit out of me for any Cali kid, UCLA doesn't scare me nearly as much. We could actually beat UCLA for this kid.

I mean, it's like a 20% chance, but we could.
    I think from arbor view. Amazing year for UW, we pulled a kid from Nevada. Hopefully from Southern Nevada next year, place is comeplete shithole but they put out decent amount of D1 players
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Only thing Martin gives us doogs is the blue balls
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

How is their roster so full already? Looking on the 24/7 commit list, these are the # of signees over the last several classes:

2015: 26
    2016: 20
    2017: 24
    2018: 9

That's 79 total. There's probably some rs seniors remaining from the 2014 class but I assume that number is offset by couch sales.