Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NCAA basketball coaches among 10 charged with fraud and corruption

Comments

• Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Is Bland the USC coach Hopkins was desperately tring to get as an assistant at UW?
    Nope, that was Jason Hart.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

My worry is this comes back to Washington. After Romar was fired my friend had a "source" that thought Romar's firing was related to either Michael Porter Sr. accepting the Missouri job or UW getting wind that Fultz was signed by funneling Nike money (he signed with Nike) to him via Chillious. Those were completely different scenarios so I never thought anything of it, but it causes some worry now since I heard this 5-6 months ago and all of this is now coming out.

Romar was in on some big recruits that he didn't have any business being in on with how they performed. Immanuel Quickley was another major recruit (just verballed to Kentucky) from the East Coast that was very high on UW when Romar was here. All this could be nothing, but there will definitely be more names, schools, etc coming out in the coming weeks and months.

This isn't tied to any specific school and if we're worried from a UW perspective this actually plays out perfectly fine for us given Romar was fired.

There's virtually a 0% chance that Romar wasn't dirty at the end ... he may have done things the right way for a bit but once he lost a boatload of guys there's no question he started down the dirty path.

My guess is that it started when needing to get a local caliber player like Tony Wroten and then when he realized the peanuts he was paying the local guys was getting blown out of the water by national guys he upped his pay for play and branched out around the country
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2017

definitely chinteresting...

from a separate article:

As the situation developed, University of Arizona President Robert C. Robbins shared this statement on Wednesday:

I have directed the University of Arizona to initiate an independent investigation into the alleged actions of Emanuel Richardson and to retain an external law firm to conduct the investigation.

didnt name miller at all in the statement. i dont think romar is smart (nb4 isafnrc) but he was clearly playing 4d chess when he took an assistant job at zona this summer, he knew...probably because he was bidding on the same players.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Nothing like an internal investigation to give up a couple fall guys and keep the top dudes safe
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dawgs206 said:

My worry is this comes back to Washington. After Romar was fired my friend had a "source" that thought Romar's firing was related to either Michael Porter Sr. accepting the Missouri job or UW getting wind that Fultz was signed by funneling Nike money (he signed with Nike) to him via Chillious. Those were completely different scenarios so I never thought anything of it, but it causes some worry now since I heard this 5-6 months ago and all of this is now coming out.

Romar was in on some big recruits that he didn't have any business being in on with how they performed. Immanuel Quickley was another major recruit (just verballed to Kentucky) from the East Coast that was very high on UW when Romar was here. All this could be nothing, but there will definitely be more names, schools, etc coming out in the coming weeks and months.

Close the program down, and replace with varsity lacrosse.

it's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Nothing like an chinternal chinvestigation to give up a couple fall guys and keep the top dudes safe

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This shit is amazing. I didnt even know there was a basketball board until now. Will never return.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dawgs206 said:

I always assumed Raphael Chilios was dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets named in this as things unfold
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Nothing like an internal investigation to give up a couple fall guys and keep the top dudes safe

You said you were never coming back, but here you are.
    Well cum to the Hotel Kalifornia