Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SURVEILLANCE: Wiretapping a Presidential Campaign Office - deserves own thread

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

I'm totally fine with unsealing the documents around this.

It's also worth asking what sort of terrible judgment the President had in hiring a guy who was already under FBI chinvestigation.

How was he supposed to know before he was President?

Manafort wasn't kept around very long after.
    That's a fair question.

Ideally, someone in the FBI would have chintervened in private.
    Not when all this crap was ordered By Obozo.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

pawz said:

It's also worth asking what sort of terrible judgment the President had in hiring a guy who was already under FBI chinvestigation.

That's a fair question.

Clearly they did chintervene. It's just that nobody told Trump until March.
    If only the DOJ and Congress had the ability to investigate, arraign, compel testimony, and bring these scalawags to justice1!1!
    Wondering when evidence destruction charges will come down the pipe for Hillary myself. Glad your concerned as well.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

That's a fair question.

Clearly they did chintervene. It's just that nobody told Trump until March.
    If only the DOJ and Congress had the ability to investigate, arraign, compel testimony, and bring these scalawags to justice1!1!
    Wondering when evidence destruction charges will come down the pipe for Hillary myself. Glad your concerned as well.
    *Yore
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

We know HondoFS and Boobs will deny it, but this is Watergate-level stuff.

cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

https://wsj.com/articles/did-obama-know-about-comeys-surveillance-1505852932

The American people deserve to know why a FISA judge allowed a wiretap of a Presidential campaign official and what, if anything, they found. And it sounds like: not much.

We also deserve to know what Obama knew and when he knew it. I'm guessing a surveillance request of this calliber required his approval.

Unseal the documents for the American public, and the world, now.

I presume your Watergate hyperbole is related solely to the post election wiretapping of Manafort?

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

The American people deserve to know why a FISA judge allowed a wiretap of a Presidential campaign official and what, if anything, they found. And it sounds like: not much.

We also deserve to know what Obama knew and when he knew it. I'm guessing a surveillance request of this calliber required his approval.

If you help a dictator plunder millions of dollars from his own country and then launder it back to the US, you should expect to feel some heat from the feds. If you join a presidential campaign in the middle of said investigation into your misdeeds, I'm not sure why that means the investigation should go on pause, but someone definitely should have given Trump a discrete heads up. Maybe they did, who knows what will trickle out next.
    komo4buttfucker

So we are disclosing active chinvestigations to the inner-circles of alleged perpetrators now? Makes sense.
    You're all over the place on this one. Pick a lane.

The investigation started in 2014, way before Manafort had even met Trump and seems like it was a pretty straightforward money laundering / secret agent case.

Presidential candidates get TS/SCI clearances and later the daily intel briefings, so yes, I think they can be made privy to the fact that their campaign manager is being investigated for laundering a lot of money from a dictator in cahoots with one of our biggest adversaries.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

I presume your Watergate hyperbole is related solely to the post election wiretapping of Manafort?

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

If you help a dictator plunder millions of dollars from his own country and then launder it back to the US, you should expect to feel some heat from the feds. If you join a presidential campaign in the middle of said investigation into your misdeeds, I'm not sure why that means the investigation should go on pause, but someone definitely should have given Trump a discrete heads up. Maybe they did, who knows what will trickle out next.
    komo4buttfucker

So we are disclosing active chinvestigations to the inner-circles of alleged perpetrators now? Makes sense.

The investigation started in 2014, way before Manafort had even met Trump and seems like it was a pretty straightforward money laundering / secret agent case.

Presidential candidates get TS/SCI clearances and later the daily intel briefings, so yes, I think they can be made privy to the fact that their campaign manager is being investigated for laundering a lot of money from a dictator in cahoots with one of our biggest adversaries.
    komo4buttfucker

Considering @diseasedliverdoog is up-voting your shit, forgive me for not taking your word as gospel....
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

Considering @diseasedliverdoog is up-voting your shit, forgive me for not taking your word as gospel....
    So you're saying you enjoy your ignorance?
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

You seem to be enjoying the misery of yours.

I've asked to be educated twice now. Fuck you're slow.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

I enjoy my ignorance
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

You've been asking to be educated but it hasn't happened? Must be frustrating.
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

You're really fucking slow.
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

You've said that twice now. You must have forgot.
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

Are you naturally Hondo Fucking Stupid or do you work at it?
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

All this because you asked for an education and didn't get one? You'll do better next time. Unless it's about anti-Vax. You'll get shredded as usual.
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

All this because you asked for an education and didn't get one? You'll do better next time. Unless it's about anti-Vax. You'll get shredded as usual.
    I didn't ask you. Ever.

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woof said:

pawz said:

Woooosh?

Woof said:

pawz said:

komo4buttfucker

komo4buttfucker

I enjoy my ignorance
    If you like your ignorance, can you keep your ignorance?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    - The intelligence community secretly expanded its authority in 2011 so it can monitor innocent U.S. citizens like you and me for doing nothing more than mentioning a target’s name a single time.

- In January 2016, a top secret inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse.

- In 2016, Obama officials searched through intelligence on U.S. citizens a record 30,000 times, up from 9,500 in 2013.

- Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”
    edited September 2017

The left was against government spying before they were for it

At lease the right has always been for government surveillance.