Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL ratings slide continues

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My 2 cents on this:

Think of the NFL like Chris Brown or United Airlines. He beats the shit out of women and had probably the worst PR from that of any musician in recent memory... but that didn't end up hurting his record sales at all because at the end of the day, he was still putting out music that his fans liked. United had the dragging the guy of the plane PR disaster and barely took a pinch from that in the long run even though everyone was saying they'd boycott United.

It's the same shit with the NFL. At the end of the day it's still football, and the amount of people who'd legitimately stop watching it entirely just because of protests isn't enough to hurt it at all.

So I don't think the protests have anything to do with NFL ratings being slightly down. I think it has everything to do with the product becoming overly corporatized and less exciting than it once was. I think ratings spiked in the last few years because of the surging popularity of fantasy football (which brought in more casual fans as viewers), but it feels like fantasy hit it's plateau as a marketing tool. Also, college football has much more passion and excitement than the NFL, and it's showing now more than ever.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

My 2 cents on this:

Think of the NFL like Chris Brown or United Airlines. He beats the shit out of women and had probably the worst PR from that of any musician in recent memory... but that didn't end up hurting his record sales at all because at the end of the day, he was still putting out music that his fans liked. United had the dragging the guy of the plane PR disaster and barely took a pinch from that in the long run even though everyone was saying they'd boycott United.

It's the same shit with the NFL. At the end of the day it's still football, and the amount of people who'd legitimately stop watching it entirely just because of protests isn't enough to hurt it at all.

So I don't think the protests have anything to do with NFL ratings being slightly down. I think it has everything to do with the product becoming overly corporatized and less exciting than it once was. I think ratings spiked in the last few years because of the surging popularity of fantasy football (which brought in more casual fans as viewers), but it feels like fantasy hit it's plateau as a marketing tool. Also, college football has much more passion and excitement than the NFL, and it's showing now more than ever.

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    Also this just happened...

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    The protesting may have started because of racism in police departments issues, but now it's just turned into a silly PC protest against Trump. Maybe they should hire Hillary or Bernie to lead it. Can't wait to see them and Obama take a knee. It's going to happen. Also, poles show these protests are the primary reason more viewers have been tuning out.
  • Options
    If these clowns started donating say, half of their obscene salaries to the people they claim to be protesting for, they would gain some serious credibility. But they won't. Padding their own bottom line will always be the bottom line with them (and with people in general). If owners started fining them every game they continue to do this, the protesting would wind down quickly. Gotta get the latest Lamborghini or ferarri motherfucker. Nothing else matters.
  • Options

The protesting may have started because of racism in police departments issues, but now it's just turned into a silly PC protest against Trump. Maybe they should hire Hillary or Bernie to lead it. Can't wait to see them and Obama take a knee. It's going to happen. Also, poles show these protests are the primary reason more viewers have been tuning out.

He called them sons of bitches.

You call people out, you should expect a response.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    No, he did not yet, you keep repeating this false narrative. Why?
  • Options
    doogie said:

He called NFL players sons of bitches.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017

doogie said:

I didn't read your bullshit link.

Name one person standing up telling the world they're being oppressed and can't vote. That will be the motherfucker proud to be too stupid to sign their own name.

Political Appointee US District judges say it happens.

They know more about it than you and I do.
    NYBE
  • Options

doogie said:

• Options

doogie said:

No, he did not. You keep repeating this narrative which is a flat out lie. Never go Full hondo, Boobs. Just say no.
  • Options
    doogie said:

doogie said:

No, he did not. You keep repeating this narrative which is a flat out lie. Never go Full hondo, Boobs. Just say no.
    It's not a narrative.

There is video.

http://deadspin.com/trump-says-nfl-owners-should-fire-son-of-a-bitch-anth-1818680645
  • Options
    So all this is now about being called sons of bitches, and not about police brutality? Sound like a bunch of pussies who can't take an insult. They wouldn't last one day in here.
  • Options
    Yes, video proving my point and yet you still continue this shallow blatant lie. Stop reading the headline, find a video NOT edited and listen to each word slowly.
  • Options

So all this is now about being called sons of bitches, and not about police brutality? Sound like a bunch of pussies who can't take an insult. They wouldn't last one day in here.

This is a legitimate criticism.

The NFL owners didn't back up the players who protested police brutality.

They only backed up the players after Trump attacked the league itself.
  • Options
    Now you're just going to revise away history?
  • Options
    doogie said:

Yes, video proving my point and yet you still continue this shallow blatant lie. Stop reading the headline, find a video NOT edited and listen to each word slowly.

It's mind boggling how fucking stupid you are
  • Options
    Come on @doogie.

You are so close to joining @Sledog.

Give in to the hate.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Come on @doogie.

Give in to the hate.

I am the voice of reason in this bleak board populated by so many pussy leftist wanna be Commissars.

If the NFL owners want to lose money then let these spoiled asshats keep up their MSM driven bullshit fantasy of police oppression. It will hurt the entire NFL and could take years to repair the damage done in the name of fake SJW bullshit. Odd the owners didn't kneel with Tebow who was crucified for his actions by the same lefty fucks now promoting this shit. It is indeed a plan by the global elite to tear this country apart slowly but surely.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Come on @doogie.

Give in to the hate.

I am the voice of reason in this bleak board populated by so many pussy leftist wanna be Commissars.

If the NFL owners want to lose money then let these spoiled asshats keep up their MSM driven bullshit fantasy of police oppression. It will hurt the entire NFL and could take years to repair the damage done in the name of fake SJW bullshit. Odd the owners didn't kneel with Tebow who was crucified for his actions by the same lefty fucks now promoting this shit. It is indeed a plan by the global elite to tear this country apart slowly but surely.
    Ratings went up.

I do love your consistent racism though. TYFYS.