Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL ratings slide continues

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

If people would rather watch the weather channel than football there is an issue

I don't think its political. I think its over saturation.

Off season is the best season for pro fans too these days

NO It's political. Most games are on over the air TV, so you can't blame cord cutters and long Sunday walks on the beach.

Other than SJW, the whole take a knee thing has made many people tune out. Many in your generation. And many more that don't have a team in their city.
    People that cry about songs and pieces of cloths are the social justice warriors. HTH
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

If people would rather watch the weather channel than football there is an issue

NO It's political. Most games are on over the air TV, so you can't blame cord cutters and long Sunday walks on the beach.

Other than SJW, the whole take a knee thing has made many people tune out. Many in your generation. And many more that don't have a team in their city.
    People that cry about songs and pieces of cloths are the social justice warriors. HTH
    People that shit on the sacrifices that millions have made for you and I to shit poast on this board has pissed many more people off than you realize.

I know Millenial fucktard cares not about these sacrifices because the crusades!!!! and slavery!!!! but those that have lived a life still do.

HTH
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

People that shit on the sacrifices that millions have made for you and I to shit poast on this board has pissed many more people off than you realize.

I know Millenial fucktard cares not about these sacrifices because the crusades!!!! and slavery!!!! but those that have lived a life still do.

HTH
    Keep fighting that justice! Christ you are a pussy.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Look at this SJW faggot acting like a shitty song is more important than civil rights
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think you're putting the cart before the horse there, fren. The song is a symbol of freedom given to us by the sacrifices made by real men who step out of their dads' basement. The SJW's wouldn't have the ability to be triggered for the causes if it weren't for those sacrifices. SJW's inability to effectively recognize that fact, and that their actions against the bar song / flag pisses a lot of people off.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Keep fighting that justice! Christ you are a pussy.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    Look at this SJW faggot acting like a shitty song is more important than civil rights</blockquote

I'll take confirmation bias with a twist of borderline internet tough guy poasts for $400 Alex.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

My interest in the NFL drops dramatically when UW is actually playing well. I'll still watch Seattle, but hardly pay attention to the rest.
    The huskies playing well is a factor, but the NFL product has just degraded and the competitive balance of the league is beginning to resemble the NBA. So many bad teams.
    All the rule changes have made it a qb league. You have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and you're good forever. If you can't find a qb you're the Browns forever.

The biggest problem with this is they turn all their qbs into robots with the media. The NBA is growing with no competitive balance (although the Warriors are looking to change that) because it's stars are allowed to have personality. Every interview with every qb sounds exactly the same and the second one does anything controversial he's blackballed out of the league.
    People don't watch Football because of the interviews, and the NFL gets more off season pub than the other sports combined.

Try again.
    What a dumb cunt.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

My interest in the NFL drops dramatically when UW is actually playing well. I'll still watch Seattle, but hardly pay attention to the rest.
    The huskies playing well is a factor, but the NFL product has just degraded and the competitive balance of the league is beginning to resemble the NBA. So many bad teams.
    All the rule changes have made it a qb league. You have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and you're good forever. If you can't find a qb you're the Browns forever.

The biggest problem with this is they turn all their qbs into robots with the media. The NBA is growing with no competitive balance (although the Warriors are looking to change that) because it's stars are allowed to have personality. Every interview with every qb sounds exactly the same and the second one does anything controversial he's blackballed out of the league.
    People don't watch Football because of the interviews, and the NFL gets more off season pub than the other sports combined.

Try again.
    What a dumb cunt.
    Not much of a try.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    lol

not enough to be a shitposter but you're a sniveling bitch to boot
  • Options
    The real reason is shit Thursday night football.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    There is a ton of disgust (a lot more than people think) with multi-millionaire athletes disrespecting the sacrifices that millions of dead soldiers made so they can play football instead of wearing a dirty pair of striped pajamas, hoping those "arbeit macht frei" signs really mean what they say. It's disrespectful plain and simple, and people don't dig that. If you want to protest, find another way, this isn't working, and you'll be lumped into the same bucket of scum as antifa in most peoples' minds.

Prediction: owners will start wising up, and the first ones to do it will be rewarded with new fans, or fans that switch loyalty from teams that continue to tolerate this rebellion. Slamming the agenda of the out of orbit left will pay dividends. The election of Trump clearly demonstrates that.
  • Options

There is a ton of disgust (a lot more than people think) with multi-millionaire athletes disrespecting the sacrifices that millions of dead soldiers made so they can play football instead of wearing a dirty pair of striped pajamas, hoping those "arbeit macht frei" signs really mean what they say. It's disrespectful plain and simple, and people don't dig that. If you want to protest, find another way, this isn't working, and you'll be lumped into the same bucket of scum as antifa in most peoples' minds.

Prediction: owners will start wising up, and the first ones to do it will be rewarded with new fans, or fans that switch loyalty from teams that continue to tolerate this rebellion. Slamming the agenda of the out of orbit left will pay dividends. The election of Trump clearly demonstrates that.

You think billionaires who employ rapists are better than millionaires who silently protest.
  • Options

You think billionaires who employ rapists are better than millionaires who silently protest.
    I support Phil Knight.
    Well played
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

HTH
    lol

not enough to be a shitposter but you're a sniveling bitch to boot
    You should post more pictures of your fake wife.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187
    NFL's ratings woes continued in Week 2, and Wall Street is taking notice, given there are fewer excuses for falling viewership than there were a year ago when Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were distracting TV-watching Americans.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.