Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL ratings slide continues

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Having said that, I could see the NFL's ratings continue to slide this season. Fuck Goodell.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You mean the rematch of a close Super Bowel featuring the reigning league MVP facing off with the reigning champs got more eyeballs than a game prominently featuring Alex Smith and Andy Reid?

Chinconceivable.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A single football game has become torture to watch. Team kicks a field goal, network goes to commercial, kickoff, network goes to commercial, fuck off. I put up with that shit when I didn't know any better but I've had the redzone now and can't go back.

I'll watch a Thursday, Sunday night, Monday game if I have fantasy players going on both teams. Otherwise miss me with that shit.

This also applies to college football to some degree.
    College is worse. NFL games are done in 3 hours flat, college go 3 1/2 easy.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If people would rather watch the weather channel than football there is an issue

I don't think its political. I think its over saturation.

Off season is the best season for pro fans too these days

My interest in the NFL drops dramatically when UW is actually playing well. I'll still watch Seattle, but hardly pay attention to the rest.
    same. I'm still excited for the Seahawks but this is probably the least I've been into the NFL ever.

The huskies playing well is a factor, but the NFL product has just degraded and the competitive balance of the league is beginning to resemble the NBA. So many bad teams.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    My interest is at an all time low. Large percentage of that is caring less and less about the Redskins, but I almost quit fantasy and spent zero time draft prepping this year.

If the Redskins make a real run at Owen 16 I may be interested in that.
  • Options
    It's a shame that teams don't use their four scrimmages to figure out how to play offense.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's a shame that teams don't use their four scrimmages to figure out how to play offense.

Exactly. Cut it down to one scrimmage, two tops and I bet you'd see the offenses be somewhat efficient in week one. But that would mean the NFL owners would lose two games of scrimmage revenue and they're too fucking greedy to give that shit up.
  • Options

Exactly. Cut it down to one scrimmage, two tops and I bet you'd see the offenses be somewhat efficient in week one. But that would mean the NFL owners would lose two games of scrimmage revenue and they're too fucking greedy to give that shit up.
    That's on the fucking stupid coaches.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    First time in 17 years I've not done fantasy football. As others have said, not many shits about the NFL are given by me when UW is relevant and the fag 12's have basically made it not cool to watch the NFL at this point. I'm a Cowboys fan. Fuck off.
  • Options

NFL is just not nearly as good of a product as it once was.

Too many field goals and bad quarterbacks
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

NFL is just not nearly as good of a product as it once was.

Too many field goals and bad quarterbacks
    Horrible officiating, bad coaches, terrible offensive linemen (not just the Seahawks, the Giants were garbage last night), shitty contracts, running game becoming non existent, etc.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Listening to those things announce the late MNF game tonight, no wonder no one watches. My ears bled.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If people would rather watch the weather channel than football there is an issue

NO It's political. Most games are on over the air TV, so you can't blame cord cutters and long Sunday walks on the beach.

Other than SJW, the whole take a knee thing has made many people tune out. Many in your generation. And many more that don't have a team in their city.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

My interest in the NFL drops dramatically when UW is actually playing well. I'll still watch Seattle, but hardly pay attention to the rest.
    The huskies playing well is a factor, but the NFL product has just degraded and the competitive balance of the league is beginning to resemble the NBA. So many bad teams.
    All the rule changes have made it a qb league. You have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and you're good forever. If you can't find a qb you're the Browns forever.

The biggest problem with this is they turn all their qbs into robots with the media. The NBA is growing with no competitive balance (although the Warriors are looking to change that) because it's stars are allowed to have personality. Every interview with every qb sounds exactly the same and the second one does anything controversial he's blackballed out of the league.
    People don't watch Football because of the interviews, and the NFL gets more off season pub than the other sports combined.

Try again.