Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Oregon State - Colorado State Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Babushka shouldn't call a single pass against the Beavers.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Herbie will be talking about this game all year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Gary Anderson, 0-11 on the road, about to be 0-12 and down three scores in the opener of his third year against an MWAC team.

Shit coach.

He can't recruit for shit, is his problem. I know it's OSU but you have to have something for your 3rd year.
    A guy I work with is a die hard Wisci fan and apparently Barry told him to find a new job after his second season in Madison even though he did fairly well.
    You'd have to think something was up because nobody in their right mind goes from Wisconsin to Oregon State willingly ...

I know that Alvarez is a pain in the ass to work for but the move just doesn't pass the smell test.

Losing to Colorado St isn't the surprising part of today ... it's giving up 58 points and looking generally outclassed ... that was surprising.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You guys have never had to play a ranked Oregon State.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Gary Anderson, 0-11 on the road, about to be 0-12 and down three scores in the opener of his third year against an MWAC team.

Shit coach.

He can't recruit for shit, is his problem. I know it's OSU but you have to have something for your 3rd year.
    A guy I work with is a die hard Wisci fan and apparently Barry told him to find a new job after his second season in Madison even though he did fairly well.
    You'd have to think something was up because nobody in their right mind goes from Wisconsin to Oregon State willingly ...

I know that Alvarez is a pain in the ass to work for but the move just doesn't pass the smell test.

Losing to Colorado St isn't the surprising part of today ... it's giving up 58 points and looking generally outclassed ... that was surprising.
    I'm not surprised one bit. Andersen is a shit coach. The motherfucker has done NOTHING. I don't know how the fuck he ever fooled Barry to get the Wisconsin job in the first place, but Barry fixed his mistake very quickly. How much longer does Oregon State put up with this shit show?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2017
    Doogs forget a loss at asu is an automatic loss

You dorks forget Pete is Dirk koetter 3.0.

I can't wait for the season.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Shit coach.

I'm not surprised one bit. Andersen is a shit coach. The motherfucker has done NOTHING. I don't know how the fuck he ever fooled Barry to get the Wisconsin job in the first place, but Barry fixed his mistake very quickly. How much longer does Oregon State put up with this shit show?
    I guess, although his two years at Wiscy weren't exactly Willinghamesque

9-4 (6-3) 2nd
    10-3 (7-1) T-1st
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The Pac-12 will earn even more respect when Stanford beats Rice 17-13 tonight
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Shit coach.

9-4 (6-3) 2nd
    10-3 (7-1) T-1st
    Axe Helfrich where this was headed.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    89ute said:

Gladstone said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Shit coach.

9-4 (6-3) 2nd
    10-3 (7-1) T-1st
    Fair enough. Being a local you would know more than most. Although at Utah State he improved every year, sort of the anti-Helfrich, no?

4-8 (3-5) 5th
    4-8 (2-6) 7th
    7-6 (5-2) 2nd
    11-2 (6-0) 1st

Given his track record I can't buy that he was Helfriching the program. Nay, he improved.

Of course now he's shitting the bed at OS which proves your point, but still.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

89ute said:

Gladstone said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Shit coach.

9-4 (6-3) 2nd
    10-3 (7-1) T-1st
    Fair enough. Being a local you would know more than most. Although at Utah State he improved every year, sort of the anti-Helfrich, no?

4-8 (3-5) 5th
    4-8 (2-6) 7th
    7-6 (5-2) 2nd
    11-2 (6-0) 1st

Given his track record I can't buy that he was Helfriching the program. Nay, he improved.

Of course now he's shitting the bed at OS which proves your point, but still.
    He did an okay job at Utah State. That 11 win season is not what it appears to be. That's when Boise St, Nv, Fresno and SJSU left the WAC.

To his credit, getting 7 wins at Utah State is something that was rarely done.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/utah-state/

Had the WAC not broken up, no way in hell does Utah St win 11 games. I think Alverez took a chance on him and quickly realized what he had.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What a fucking boring matchup, don't give a flying fuck about either team.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I don't understand why so many people on this board loved the Gary Anderson hire. He was put into a good situation at Wiscy. He was put into a fair situation at Oregon State and he's been horrible at recruiting. He can't beat a mediocre MWAC team. There will be no more upside coming from him. He gets fired along with the signal stealer in 3 more months.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Idk why they didn't run it 40-50 times. Prokky coulda won with that plus a few PA deep shots. O well, not my problem.