Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cavaliers and Celtics discussing a deal involving Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas, Crowder and Ante Ziz

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

So I was listening to an NBA podcast and had to turn it off because this doofus was talking about how Kyrie and the Brooklyn pick have the same value. Is that what you guys think? Do you know why you want high draft picks? It's so you can draft Kyrie fucking Irving. A pick where you have a chance at getting a Kyrie Irving is not worth the same as the actual player.

Boston skipped the risk that comes with the draft and skipped the 6 year development process and cashed in for a guy that's their now.

The Warriors are a great defensive team and they could not stop Kyrie. Is that draft pick going to be unstoppable against one of the best teams of all time? What are the chances of that? What are the chances you get a player that will be better than Kyrie? Well, let's take a look.

2016 NBA draft
    1. Ben Simmons- incomplete we have no clue what he is.
    2. Brandon Ingram- never going to be unstoppable against one the best teams of all time.
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. KAT- definitely could be, 4 picks in and this is the first guy we've seen play with a chance to be better than Kyrie.
    2. De'Angelo Russell- gtfo
    3. Jahlil Okafor- I said get the fuck out.

1. Andrew Wiggins- nice player but no.
    2. Jabari Parker- had a lot of injuries but no one is expecting him to be better than Kyrie at this point.
    3. Joel Embiid- ok even with the injuries I wouldn't trade Embiid for Kyrie but he still will most likely never realize his potential. I'll give a win on this one though.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

1. Anthony Davis- ok he's better.
    2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- fuck no
    3. Bradley Beal- very good player but you're high if you're taking him over Kyrie.

Those are the 5 drafts since Kyrie was drafted. I'd take 3 guys right now over Kyrie out of 15. And I'm being nice and only counting top 3 picks which is not guaranteed from that pick.

They traded IT for a younger better version and avoided having to pay Thomas into his 30's and it cost them a draft pick which will most likely not be as good as Kyrie. Crowder is just a guy. This is dumb.

Sincerely,
    Tequila

I don't think the pick is as valuable as Kyrie.

I don't think IT is as valuable as Kyrie.

I think IT plus the pick would have been a great haul for Kyrie if he still wanted to be in Cleveland. For a guy who doesn't want to be in Cleveland anymore it's an amazing haul. Getting them plus Crowder plus unknown big Euro dude is a ridiculous return for Cleveland.

And your analysis is pretty good but I'd take Wiggins over Kyrie. Very good offense plus great defense > Great offense and shit defense.

And Kyrie hasn't shown that level of unstoppability against anybody else and certainly hasn't shown it when he's not playing alongside LeBron. If I thought Kyrie was as good as he's looked against GS I'd agree with you on this deal. I don't.
    We have very different evaluations on Irving if you think Wiggins is even close.

I've got Lebron, Steph, Draymond, Kawhi, Harden, Russ and Giannis as players better than Kyrie. That's it.
    AD?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

So I was listening to an NBA podcast and had to turn it off because this doofus was talking about how Kyrie and the Brooklyn pick have the same value. Is that what you guys think? Do you know why you want high draft picks? It's so you can draft Kyrie fucking Irving. A pick where you have a chance at getting a Kyrie Irving is not worth the same as the actual player.

Boston skipped the risk that comes with the draft and skipped the 6 year development process and cashed in for a guy that's their now.

The Warriors are a great defensive team and they could not stop Kyrie. Is that draft pick going to be unstoppable against one of the best teams of all time? What are the chances of that? What are the chances you get a player that will be better than Kyrie? Well, let's take a look.

2016 NBA draft
    2. Brandon Ingram- never going to be unstoppable against one the best teams of all time.
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. KAT- definitely could be, 4 picks in and this is the first guy we've seen play with a chance to be better than Kyrie.

2. Jabari Parker- had a lot of injuries but no one is expecting him to be better than Kyrie at this point.
    3. Joel Embiid- ok even with the injuries I wouldn't trade Embiid for Kyrie but he still will most likely never realize his potential. I'll give a win on this one though.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

3. Bradley Beal- very good player but you're high if you're taking him over Kyrie.

Those are the 5 drafts since Kyrie was drafted. I'd take 3 guys right now over Kyrie out of 15. And I'm being nice and only counting top 3 picks which is not guaranteed from that pick.

They traded IT for a younger better version and avoided having to pay Thomas into his 30's and it cost them a draft pick which will most likely not be as good as Kyrie. Crowder is just a guy. This is dumb.

Sincerely,
    Tequila

I think IT plus the pick would have been a great haul for Kyrie if he still wanted to be in Cleveland. For a guy who doesn't want to be in Cleveland anymore it's an amazing haul. Getting them plus Crowder plus unknown big Euro dude is a ridiculous return for Cleveland.

And your analysis is pretty good but I'd take Wiggins over Kyrie. Very good offense plus great defense > Great offense and shit defense.

And Kyrie hasn't shown that level of unstoppability against anybody else and certainly hasn't shown it when he's not playing alongside LeBron. If I thought Kyrie was as good as he's looked against GS I'd agree with you on this deal. I don't.
    We have very different evaluations on Irving if you think Wiggins is even close.

I've got Lebron, Steph, Draymond, Kawhi, Harden, Russ and Giannis as players better than Kyrie. That's it.
    AD?
    He literally said Davis is better earlier in the thread.

That last list is just trolling.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

AD?
    He literally said Davis is better earlier in the thread.

That last list is just trolling.
    I don't think you took the emotion of the thread into account. APAG is stemming you
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

AD?
    Yeah, you're right. I was just looking at playoff teams when I was coming up with the names.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Crowder is a bigger pick up than most of you think. The Cavs need 3 and D guys. Crowder is a needed tough guy.

IT's health is the wild card. If he's healthy, this year's Cavs team will be better.

If they are still needing contributions from the likes of Iman Shumpert Tristan Kardashian and Kyle Corver they won't be much better.
  • Options

Nothing would be more Dan Gilbert than getting twice the value you should for Irving and then vetoing the trade. Oh man I hope this happens just for the hilarity of it.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    They want Klay
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    danny ainge getting fucked hard on this deal. i hope it doesn't go through, IT has an amazing season, and danny pays him max money
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

danny ainge getting fucked hard on this deal. i hope it doesn't go through, IT has an amazing season, and danny pays him max money

You are never winning a title w IT getting a max deal on your team
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

In a league where you can pay three max players, disagree.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

In a league where you can pay three max players, disagree.
    Disagree ... too much of a defensive liability
  • Options
    Boston throws in a second rounder and the deal is done.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

Bump.
  • Options

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

Bump.
    I've thought about this thread a few times this year. Big ups to you. I didn't think Stevens could get Kyrie to sell out on the defensive end. If this keeps up (and I'm starting to think it will), this call will look brilliant.

Well done.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cavs still easily win in the playoffs.
  • Options

Cavs still easily win in the playoffs.

Agree and I'm sure APAG will as well.

A healthy white boy and it could have been a series though IMO.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's what pissed me off. Irving won't get Boston where they want to go and Cleveland has a 2% win chance against the Warriors without him
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

Bump.
    Interesting to look back at that list, it's a pretty damn accurate list.

Just based off performances through the first month of the season... I'd definitely take Russ off that list especially with Kyrie's defensive improvement. Russ is just too inefficient of a shooter for how many attempts he takes per game, and has over twice the turnovers per game as Kyrie. And his team isn't winning.

Also might have to start considering Porzingis for that list IF he keeps improving the way he has been. Maybe not yet but if he's still playing that good at the all star break I'd put him on there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

Bump.
    Interesting to look back at that list, it's a pretty damn accurate list.

Just based off performances through the first month of the season... I'd definitely take Russ off that list especially with Kyrie's defensive improvement. Russ is just too inefficient of a shooter for how many attempts he takes per game, and has over twice the turnovers per game as Kyrie. And his team isn't winning.

Also might have to start considering Porzingis for that list IF he keeps improving the way he has been. Maybe not yet but if he's still playing that good at the all star break I'd put him on there.
    By the end of the year, the Thunder will be much better than they were last year. It’s November. If they are still struggling in March, I would agree with you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's what pissed me off. Irving won't get Boston where they want to go and Cleveland has a 2% win chance against the Warriors without him

The injury makes it iffy, but Isaiah averaged 29 for a one seed and scored 50 on John Wall in the playoffs. He’s going to help a lot if he recovers. He’s a winner.

I agree that the Cavs have a 2% chance of beating the Warriors. They had about a 10% chance with Kyrie. I don’t think it’s much of a difference.