Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cavaliers and Celtics discussing a deal involving Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas, Crowder and Ante Ziz

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have games 5,6,and 7 saved. They don't win without Irving. They weren't as far away this year as people think.

Cleveland found the one guy that's a worse defender and traded for him.

Boston traded a leader for a guy who apparently hates to win

I feel like I was the big loser in this trade
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

So I was listening to an NBA podcast and had to turn it off because this doofus was talking about how Kyrie and the Brooklyn pick have the same value. Is that what you guys think? Do you know why you want high draft picks? It's so you can draft Kyrie fucking Irving. A pick where you have a chance at getting a Kyrie Irving is not worth the same as the actual player.

Boston skipped the risk that comes with the draft and skipped the 6 year development process and cashed in for a guy that's their now.

The Warriors are a great defensive team and they could not stop Kyrie. Is that draft pick going to be unstoppable against one of the best teams of all time? What are the chances of that? What are the chances you get a player that will be better than Kyrie? Well, let's take a look.

2016 NBA draft
    1. Ben Simmons- incomplete we have no clue what he is.
    2. Brandon Ingram- never going to be unstoppable against one the best teams of all time.
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. KAT- definitely could be, 4 picks in and this is the first guy we've seen play with a chance to be better than Kyrie.
    2. De'Angelo Russell- gtfo
    3. Jahlil Okafor- I said get the fuck out.

1. Andrew Wiggins- nice player but no.
    2. Jabari Parker- had a lot of injuries but no one is expecting him to be better than Kyrie at this point.
    3. Joel Embiid- ok even with the injuries I wouldn't trade Embiid for Kyrie but he still will most likely never realize his potential. I'll give a win on this one though.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

1. Anthony Davis- ok he's better.
    2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- fuck no
    3. Bradley Beal- very good player but you're high if you're taking him over Kyrie.

Those are the 5 drafts since Kyrie was drafted. I'd take 3 guys right now over Kyrie out of 15. And I'm being nice and only counting top 3 picks which is not guaranteed from that pick.

They traded IT for a younger better version and avoided having to pay Thomas into his 30's and it cost them a draft pick which will most likely not be as good as Kyrie. Crowder is just a guy. This is dumb.

Sincerely,
    Tequila

I don't think the pick is as valuable as Kyrie.

I don't think IT is as valuable as Kyrie.

I think IT plus the pick would have been a great haul for Kyrie if he still wanted to be in Cleveland. For a guy who doesn't want to be in Cleveland anymore it's an amazing haul. Getting them plus Crowder plus unknown big Euro dude is a ridiculous return for Cleveland.

And your analysis is pretty good but I'd take Wiggins over Kyrie. Very good offense plus great defense > Great offense and shit defense.

And Kyrie hasn't shown that level of unstoppability against anybody else and certainly hasn't shown it when he's not playing alongside LeBron. If I thought Kyrie was as good as he's looked against GS I'd agree with you on this deal. I don't.
    We have very different evaluations on Irving if you think Wiggins is even close.

I've got Lebron, Steph, Draymond, Kawhi, Harden, Russ and Giannis as players better than Kyrie. That's it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

So I was listening to an NBA podcast and had to turn it off because this doofus was talking about how Kyrie and the Brooklyn pick have the same value. Is that what you guys think? Do you know why you want high draft picks? It's so you can draft Kyrie fucking Irving. A pick where you have a chance at getting a Kyrie Irving is not worth the same as the actual player.

Boston skipped the risk that comes with the draft and skipped the 6 year development process and cashed in for a guy that's their now.

The Warriors are a great defensive team and they could not stop Kyrie. Is that draft pick going to be unstoppable against one of the best teams of all time? What are the chances of that? What are the chances you get a player that will be better than Kyrie? Well, let's take a look.

2016 NBA draft
    2. Brandon Ingram- never going to be unstoppable against one the best teams of all time.
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. KAT- definitely could be, 4 picks in and this is the first guy we've seen play with a chance to be better than Kyrie.

2. Jabari Parker- had a lot of injuries but no one is expecting him to be better than Kyrie at this point.
    3. Joel Embiid- ok even with the injuries I wouldn't trade Embiid for Kyrie but he still will most likely never realize his potential. I'll give a win on this one though.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

3. Bradley Beal- very good player but you're high if you're taking him over Kyrie.

Those are the 5 drafts since Kyrie was drafted. I'd take 3 guys right now over Kyrie out of 15. And I'm being nice and only counting top 3 picks which is not guaranteed from that pick.

They traded IT for a younger better version and avoided having to pay Thomas into his 30's and it cost them a draft pick which will most likely not be as good as Kyrie. Crowder is just a guy. This is dumb.

Sincerely,
    Tequila

I don't think the pick is as valuable as Kyrie.

I don't think IT is as valuable as Kyrie.

I think IT plus the pick would have been a great haul for Kyrie if he still wanted to be in Cleveland. For a guy who doesn't want to be in Cleveland anymore it's an amazing haul. Getting them plus Crowder plus unknown big Euro dude is a ridiculous return for Cleveland.

And your analysis is pretty good but I'd take Wiggins over Kyrie. Very good offense plus great defense > Great offense and shit defense.

And Kyrie hasn't shown that level of unstoppability against anybody else and certainly hasn't shown it when he's not playing alongside LeBron. If I thought Kyrie was as good as he's looked against GS I'd agree with you on this deal. I don't.
    We have very different evaluations on Irving if you think Wiggins is even close.

I've got Lebron, Steph, Draymond, Kawhi, Harden, Russ and Giannis as players better than Kyrie. That's it.
    Yeah I think that's insane.

But LOL at not including KD. Funny is good.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    Wiggins?!? Da Fuq?!?

Seriously?

• Options

Wiggins?!? Da Fuq?!?

Seriously?

Context of the conversation. APAG was listing players drafted in recent years who one could expect to be better than Irving. I'm not arguing Wiggins is better now, he's not. I do think Wiggins at 25 will be better than Kyrie at 25. But I'm biased towards defense so take that for what it's worth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The biggest difference between Kyrie and IT, Lillard is LeBron. The Cavs sucked before LeBron and every time he's sat out.

I understand and agree with preferring Kyrie with the young core, but when IT is screaming and flexing on them (because LeBron) this year, it's going to be tough for a Celtics fan to swallow.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dumb trade for Cleveland. Why would you make the only team who has a chance to be competitive with you in the East better?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Saw they're getting Brookly's =pick next year too. If so that's an insane for Cleveland.

Irving isn't worth all that.

And Cleveland will need it as Bron Bron bye bye after '18.

The Celts are goin all in and they should make the Finals, rather easily. No sure who the future flop number one that they would lose for next draft is but odds are, not a huge loss.
  • Options

I have games 5,6,and 7 saved. They don't win without Irving. They weren't as far away this year as people think.

Agreed, Crowder was a huge leader in that locker room.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Saw they're getting Brookly's =pick next year too. If so that's an insane for Cleveland.

The Celts are goin all in and they should make the Finals, rather easily. No sure who the future flop number one that they would lose for next draft is but odds are, not a huge loss.
    The #1 pick next year is going to be the best top pick since Towns at least, Marvin Bagley III. And the #2 pick is going to be pretty damn good too, Seattle basketball community stupidity aside. Chances are this won't be a top 2 pick, but if it is it's a superstar.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,217
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Agreed, Crowder was a huge leader in that locker room.
    I see what you CPOTD did there
  • Options
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

The #1 pick next year is going to be the best top pick since Towns at least, Marvin Bagley III. And the #2 pick is going to be pretty damn good too, Seattle basketball community stupidity aside. Chances are this won't be a top 2 pick, but if it is it's a superstar.
    So I can bump this in say, like 3 years???
  • Options
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

There have been 2 drafts since Towns. "Since Towns" isn't saying much. I also remember when Harrison Barnes was the next Kobe Bryant so I'll wait to actually see them play before assuming anything.
  • Options

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

There have been 2 drafts since Towns. "Since Towns" isn't saying much. I also remember when Harrison Barnes was the next Kobe Bryant so I'll wait to actually see them play before assuming anything.
    LOL poont on the Towns thing. Bagley's the best prospect at this point since probably Derek Rose and maybe since the Durant/Oden class. Now, Rose and Oden both blew out their knees and became worthless, Bagley could too. He's going to be damn good baring injury though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

2016 NBA draft
    3. Jaylon Brown- nope.

1. Anthony Bennett
    2. Victor Oladipo
    3. Otto Porter
    Lol

Sincerely,
    Tequila

Couldn't say it any better

Kyrie's an elite offensive talent ... and Stevens is by far the best coach that he will have played for.

The Brooklyn pick is great but it's not guaranteed to be anything ... the pick they got back from Philly arguably is as valuable

And with Brown/Tatum they have young players that have the potential to keep the window open for a while

And as I took a ton of shit for ... paying IT a max contract if you are Boston was a non-starter if you want to be a title contender ... that max will be an albatross contract for a title contending kind of team
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Until anyone beats lebron in the east, all we're doing is pissing in the wind. KI hasn't done shit on his own and lebron isn't shaking in his boots about gordon fucking heyward. danny ainge is starting to get the billy beane edit where everything he's supposed to do is somehow going to work out and he's incredibly smart. Build, build, build, build vomit.

He let his best defender go, he let their leader go, let other roll players go all for gordon heyward and KI. I don't think they are outrageously worse, but I would't call them incredibly better either. KI seems like a bit of a pussy mentally and now will have the boston media in his jock strap. He also has to come out from behind King James massive shadow to take the heat when things don't work out. I haven't seen much recently that makes me think that he has the huevos to be that guy nightly.

At the end of the day, they both likely make the east coast finals and who in their right mind is betting against lebron, and on the celtics? Lebron will go play defense on KI and get angry while IT scores 45. Lots of hype, same old story for nba. Cavs warriors in June, warriors in 5.

• Options
    If Lebron guards Kyrie the same way he guarded Durant in the Finals then Kyrie will average 40 a game.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited August 2017

If Lebron guards Kyrie the same way he guarded Durant in the Finals then Kyrie will average 40 a game.

Especially if Kyrie grows another foot taller
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crowder is a bigger pick up than most of you think. The Cavs need 3 and D guys. Crowder is a needed tough guy.

IT's health is the wild card. If he's healthy, this year's Cavs team will be better.