Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardy har har

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

The hategasm in Charlottesville is causing moar cities to remove their Confederate monuments. Including cities that weren't even planning on removing them.

I know a woman who moved to Seattle from Memphis, and she told me a few weeks ago that there is actually a statue in the city of the original Grand Wizard of the KKK. I was in disbelief and had to Google it while she was talking to me.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

The hategasm in Charlottesville is causing moar cities to remove their Confederate monuments. Including cities that weren't even planning on removing them.

I know a woman who moved to Seattle from Memphis, and she told me a few weeks ago that there is actually a statue in the city of the original Grand Wizard of the KKK. I was in disbelief and had to Google it while she was talking to me.

This one?

Heritage not hate, Derek.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

AZDuck said:

Nathan Bedford Forrest's status as original grand wizard is up for debate, but yeah it's there.

Memphis is also one of the blackest cities in America.

It's quite the powder keg.
  • Options
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Nathan Bedford Forrest's status as original grand wizard is up for debate, but yeah it's there.

One of the most frightening shows I've ever watched was a documentary about crack and meth dealers in Memphis.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I would have been embarrassed to make a post 7 months into Obama's term saying he would never do anything because he hadn't so far

There has been progress and some of it even shows up on the scoreboard.

Health care and taxes need to be addressed. Cut or raise isn't as important as knowing what the rules are going to be for the next few years

Agree.

Let me know when the President and Congress come up with workable plans for either one.
    I'm starting with the man in the mirror
    Are you axing him to change his ways?

The message is pretty clear; no message could have been any clearer.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

One of the most frightening shows I've ever watched was a documentary about crack and meth dealers in Memphis.
    My brother travels through there a lot. Since Hurricane Katrina especially, the hotel clerks literally tell guests, "If you go out tonight, you will be robbed."
  • Options
    Been to Memphis once. Best BBQ I've ever had (Texan heresy)
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

The Rendezvous? Best rib joint in the history of rib joints?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

One of the most frightening shows I've ever watched was a documentary while on crack and meth in Memphis.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Rendezvous is a must visit for the atmosphere and history, but it's not particularly good as far as Memphis ribs go. But you do need to try the sausage and cheese plate if you ever go there again.

Central, Corky's, Memphis BBQ Co, and Germantown Commissary all have better ribs IMO, and there are probably others I haven't been to.

There's BBQ everywhere here. As a former North Carolinian, former Oklahoman who spent time in Georgia, I am all in on Memphis BBQ. No other BBQ comes close (though I've never had KC BBQ and have heard very good things).

Texas brisket is the shit though, my favorite non pork BBQ anywhere.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Memphis has some scary ass parts, no question.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Memphis has some scary ass parts, no question.
    Southaven is the worst according to my sources.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Rendezvous is a must visit for the atmosphere and history, but it's not particularly good as far as Memphis ribs go. But you do need to try the sausage and cheese plate if you ever go there again.

Central, Corky's, Memphis BBQ Co, and Germantown Commissary all have better ribs IMO, and there are probably others I haven't been to.

There's BBQ everywhere here. As a former North Carolinian, former Oklahoman who spent time in Georgia, I am all in on Memphis BBQ. No other BBQ comes close (though I've never had KC BBQ and have heard very good things).

lol

I was going to make fun of that shit until I remembered that I grew up in Shelton.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    Now they are attacking Lincoln monuments. Standby Washington and the rest of the founders are next. Get the marshmallows ready for the book burning. It's what fascists do.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770
    edited August 2017
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Beale Street gives me a boner. Bourbon Street with better tunes and without the barfing rednecks.

• Options

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Beale Street gives me a boner. Bourbon Street with better tunes and without the barfing rednecks.

There's great places to go in the Quarter and NOLA that aren't Bourbon Street. Last I checked, Bourbon Street was mostly gay bars these days (NTTAWWT).

I didn't there was enough of Beale Street when I was there. Maybe that's changed now.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

There's great places to go in the Quarter and NOLA that aren't Bourbon Street. Last I checked, Bourbon Street was mostly gay bars these days (NTTAWWT).

I didn't there was enough of Beale Street when I was there. Maybe that's changed now.
    Beale Street is pretty cool and a must visit, but it's pretty damn tiny. Two blocks and the far third of the eastern block is pretty sparse.

It's great for live music and food though, and minus the airborne herpes of Bourbon Street so it has that going for it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

If would have known DNC that you were Memphis BBQ Superiority Guy, I wouldn't have popped off so much. I love the Rendezvous so much because of the location and ambience. And yes, I've had the cheese plate and sausages. I even some the seasoning at home in my cupboard. I recall going to one other sport when I was there: it would have been either Corky's or Interstate. Was excellent which ever it was. Just haven't ever been able to find BBQ on par with those kinds of places in Seattle, although I am a pretty mean rib chef myself.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2017
    Bunch of guys discussing what restaurants to eat at next time they travel. You guys realize you sound like a group of moms at Starbuck's, right?

But the bigger question is: Could this thread get any gayer?