Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yonder Alonso traded to Mariners in intradivision swap

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
The Oakland Athletics have traded All-Star first baseman Yonder Alonso to the Seattle Mariners for minor league outfielder Boog Powell.

The teams announced the trade Sunday afternoon.

"Surprised but excited, going to a team that is one game out of the playoffs," Alonso said after the trade, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "I get to play some meaningful baseball, which will be probably the first time in my career I'll be able to do that. I'm ecstatic."

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017
    Solid trade for DiPoto, Powell is buried beneath about 7 OF's on the organizational depth chart and is probably nothing more than a 4th OF anyway. Alonso fills a nice niche, left handed portion of a first base platoon is an important bat.

Not a huge deal but better than you expect post July 31.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

The Oakland Athletics have traded All-Star first baseman Yonder Alonso to the Seattle Mariners for minor league outfielder Boog Powell.

The teams announced the trade Sunday afternoon.

"Surprised but excited, going to a team that is one game out of the playoffs," Alonso said after the trade, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "I get to play some meaningful baseball, which will be probably the first time in my career I'll be able to do that. I'm ecstatic."

Disagree
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like this move. That said I've accepted that Boog will be 3 WAR the next five years and walk us off at least twice
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    *chintradivision