Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is this going to be one of our smallest in state classes ever?

Currently we have 3 commits from Washington out of 12 for 25%. The only other likely in state kid is Gordon. Unless I'm missing someone, the only other in state kid with an offer is Harrison. So we've offered 5 in state kids.

That's nuts.

Assuming that holds (and it may not, IIRC they offered Tryon and Gaye well after this point last year), I can't imagine we've ever offered so few Washington kids. And I'm guessing it's very rare we've ever taken so few in state kids.

If we end up with 4 out of 20 that's amazingly low. Even if we flipped Harrison and went 5 out of 20 that feels really low.

Any recruiting historians remember anything like this?

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017
    they might make a last min run at harrison, things change in recruiting all the time.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

1999: 4/18
    2009: 2/19
    2012: 5/25
    2013: 4/22

That 09 class is insane. You would think after @owen12 you'd have to dig in with local kids and not get much play outside of that.

I wonder how many other locals we offered those years?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

1999: 4/18
    2009: 2/19
    2012: 5/25
    2013: 4/22

That 09 class is insane. You would think after @owen12 you'd have to dig in with local kids and not get much play outside of that.

I wonder how many other locals we offered those years?
    Yeah but you forget about all the FREE PUB! in California from Sark coaching the Rose Bowl.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

they might make a last min run at harrison, things change in recruiting all the time.

I think they are lying in the weeds right now with Harrison. If Oregon starts looking shitty once the season starts, they will go after him hard.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I think they are lying in the weeds right now with Harrison. If Oregon starts looking shitty once the season starts, they will go after him hard.
    Why wait?

Why wait?
    Caz his quack boner is still hard, need to wait till it goes flaccid when UW pounds the ducks
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Why wait?
    Caz his quack boner is still hard, need to wait till it goes flaccid when UW pounds the ducks
    Ahhh yes, the Foster Sarrell plan.

ItsABoldStrategyCotton.gif
    Yes, I vividly remember when Foster attended that crazy camp in June at the farm and then committed a month later.
    edited August 2017
    dnc said:

Why wait?
    Ahhh yes, the Foster Sarrell plan.

ItsABoldStrategyCotton.gif
    R u really going to compare Oregon to Stanford? Fuck if I was accepted to Stanford, I could rape all I want and probably would not be living in my dad's apartment
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Why would we go after Harrison? He wants
    to play WR while we want him at RB I believe.
    whuggy said:

He is going to play safety
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Source?
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Source?
    I
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Duck fans used to mock our "King County All Stars" then the Duck team would kick their ass.

Mitzi's legendary 08 greatest class ever that saved Ty's job was chock full of instate guys who never did shit because the coach sucked

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

Currently we have 3 commits from Washington out of 12 for 25%. The only other likely in state kid is Gordon. Unless I'm missing someone, the only other in state kid with an offer is Harrison. So we've offered 5 in state kids.

That's nuts.

Assuming that holds (and it may not, IIRC they offered Tryon and Gaye well after this point last year), I can't imagine we've ever offered so few Washington kids. And I'm guessing it's very rare we've ever taken so few in state kids.

If we end up with 4 out of 20 that's amazingly low. Even if we flipped Harrison and went 5 out of 20 that feels really low.

Finished with 5 of 21 as Gordon got on bored and Liu came out of nowhere. As far as I can tell we? offered 6 in state kids so that makes 5/6, though from Harrison's own words wdwha so we may have gone 5/5 in state.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

That's nuts.

Finished with 5 of 21 as Gordon got on bored and Liu came out of nowhere. As far as I can tell we? offered 6 in state kids so that makes 5/6, though from Harrison's own words wdwha so we may have gone 5/5 in state.
    Only 3 this year, so an average of 4 over the 2 years. We only offered four in state kids (Chase being the other) and that clearly wasn't a committable offer.

Good thing 2020 and 2021 are coming up, they should restock our in state hauls percentages and redeem our perception in state pretty quickly.