Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I am hearing

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
We have very few recruits and they suck bad. We may not get anymore recruits this year. Oregon is killing it and killing us.

Doogs are migrating here to point out that we don't want them anyway.

I may just enjoy this upcoming 9-4 season because it looks like the last winning season for the next 10 years or so

DOOMED

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

No BS, in all seriousness:

Willie Lyles-Taggart and crew are good recruiters. Their 2018 will probably be a top 20 class, maybe top 10 if some things break their way (Penei, Cota, Hufanga).

Can they develop their talent? I dunno. LIFPO.

Also depends how the season goes, if they above 500 they highly like to finish in top 15 in recruiting. If below, u will see bunch a rats jumping ship
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

AZDuck said:

No BS, in all seriousness:

Willie Lyles-Taggart and crew are good recruiters. Their 2018 will probably be a top 20 class, maybe top 10 if some things break their way (Penei, Cota, Hufanga).

Can they develop their talent? I dunno. LIFPO.

Also depends how the season goes, if they above 500 they highly like to finish in top 15 in recruiting. If below, u will see bunch a rats jumping ship
    I don't agree with that. One of the attractions of going to Oregon right now is to be part of the rebirth. I don't think many of their current commits are expecting a Pac 12 championship run this year.

Maybe if Willie completely shits his pants and wins like 1 or 2 games that might happen but I don't so.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BONEM, except for getting a 2 or 3 seed.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Basically true!

Won't UW in some way always not have what seems to be a "Top Class" because Petersen is so advent on not caring about the star system? and these classes are ranked off stars? Petersen knows what he is looking for and what he is looking for won't necessarily work at every other Uni. Maybe I am wrong
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Basically true!

Won't UW in some way always not have what seems to be a "Top Class" because Petersen is so advent on not caring about the star system? and these classes are ranked off stars? Petersen knows what he is looking for and what he is looking for won't necessarily work at every other Uni. Maybe I am wrong
    you're wrong
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Oregon is a better brand than UW. That doesn't change over night. We warned UW of this 10 15 years ago.

Petermen really looks like he was the man for the times with his ability to WAC recruit and develop

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Oregon recruits well because they have really good salesman, I applaud them for that. As our actual duck says we will understand more about them when we see how they develop talent. Most of our staff sells well too, not at the Oregon level, but Pete and his staff are, without question, elite talent evaluators and developers. And we have one of the top 3-5 strength coaches in the country.

but you don't have COACH PIMP!