Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathan Kalepo, 2019 4* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    elord821 said:

By the numbers Pete has had 4 decommits in 4 classes. So That would factually be 1 per class or not the outlier by maff.

I should've said "...having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before, and all 19 commits....". I know that part is not rare for UW, but it is much worse for the large majority of teams. I was outlining why the entire recruiting year as a whole was very successful in terms of securing the class. I'm also referring to the new earIy signing day format going forward.

The likelihood of all 19 commits signing on the first day (and how only one recruit decommited throughout the entire year) when players now have a window for second thoughts is going to be small going forward in my opinion. There weren't very many teams who weren't trying to make up for decommitments and had to pay attention to only one prospect (Martin) on the final signing day.

A 17 year-old kid changing his mind early is nothing to freak out about. The way the 2018 class went is a very high standard, and it shouldn't be expected in the following year(s).
    Disagree, it went exactly how we expected it to based on CP's past recruiting cycles. No reason to believe anything will fundamentally change with him (or FRANNY.)
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

elord821 said:

By the numbers Pete has had 4 decommits in 4 classes. So That would factually be 1 per class or not the outlier by maff.

I should've said "...having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before, and all 19 commits....". I know that part is not rare for UW, but it is much worse for the large majority of teams. I was outlining why the entire recruiting year as a whole was very successful in terms of securing the class. I'm also referring to the new earIy signing day format going forward.

The likelihood of all 19 commits signing on the first day (and how only one recruit decommited throughout the entire year) when players now have a window for second thoughts is going to be small going forward in my opinion. There weren't very many teams who weren't trying to make up for decommitments and had to pay attention to only one prospect (Martin) on the final signing day.

A 17 year-old kid changing his mind early is nothing to freak out about. The way the 2018 class went is a very high standard, and it shouldn't be expected in the following year(s).
    Disagree, it went exactly how we expected it to based on CP's past recruiting cycles. No reason to believe anything will fundamentally change with him (or FRANNY.)
    Dude peterman is making adjustments each year. He is slowly and methodically making changes in his execution.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    elord821 said:

I don't think it's really a big deal if he were to leave. He would fill a spot on SC's depth chart, and we can put extra effort into someone else. It's not like he's the best OL who has been offered. Cameron Davis visited SC this past weekend too, which was three days after he said that he wasn't going to take anymore visits. SC wants him to visit again soon. Although I'd prefer Davis stays, it's not a sure thing that ANYBODY stays committed. People (especially kids) have short attention spans. Everyone should know that.

All of these sites with "experts" who make predictions are like the outside talk that drives the stock market. Future expectations and current events drive decision-making. A kid visits a school, and people start to assume he's going to that school because he said nice things about the program and staff. The fans mourn and write the commit off because they are sure he's leaving (i.e. Black Monday). Before we know it, Dr. Ruth offers her left tit and gives us the inside scoop on why he's 110% committed (i.e. 10% return on equity). A knee-jerk reaction is much lower than what it should be. Unless the letter of intent is signed, then what is said on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. However, a verbal commitment in the fall is a different story.

This past recruiting class should not be set as a benchmark. Having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before all 19 commits sign on the first signing day will most likely be counted as an outlier.

Please give your best stock tips before you LEAVE!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Drama with Kalepo was inevitable. He’s too active and loves recruiting too much. He verballed before his junior year.

But fuck, that kid recruited like a motherfucker for the 2018 class.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

Drama with Kalepo was inevitable. He’s too active and loves recruiting too much. He verballed before his junior year.

Buttfuck that kid recruited like a motherfucker for the 2018 class.
    Better
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705

elord821 said:

Dude peterman is making adjustments each year. He is slowly and methodically making changes in his execution.
    I agree. I expect the classes to keep getting better. But I also expect we will lock up almost everyone on the first signing period and have minimal drama contrary to gaylord974620's speculation.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Kalepo would look like a tickle me elmo doll in USC gear.

look at the hip to shoulder ratio. spot on.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Just to add you wouldn't think more than two OT's would be taken in the class. Rhyan, Buelow, Vimahi and Miller are still in the mixer. If two of them want to commit, I'm not sure how Nathan keeps his spot.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kalepo looked around with his cousin and a bunch of others ... He's a teenager whatever. We're trending up and that's what matters. The pieces will fall into place ... If you can't handle the ups and downs of recruiting then fuck off!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Im sure Huff/Pete have already had a nice chit chat with him.

What are your sources saying?