Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No such thing as the off season in the NBA

Rumor from Bill Simmons, Melo to Thunder.

If everything went right for that team maybe they could push Golden State? Like Russ becomes a little bit unselfish, PG is happy as the number 2, Melo goes into team USA mode, Steven Adams takes a step, Roberson improves his shot a little bit, they stay healthy and maybe Golden State is a little banged up? Say Draymond is 75% and maybe Steph is 85%? I'm really trying to talk myself into this because I really want to see Russ beat Durant.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Melo's subtraction by addition.

They won't be better than the 4 seed.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I said team USA Melo. Melo sucks, yes, but team USA Melo is a mythological creature that actually makes everyone else better. If he exists and if he comes out that team is much better.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The NBA plays a Finals series as a brief interruption to the eternal offseason.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I said team USA Melo. Melo sucks, yes, but team USA Melo is a mythological creature that actually makes everyone else better. If he exists and if he comes out that team is much better.

Everyone looks better when their teams have a massive talent advantage compared to the opponents.

See Jake Brownsocks for details.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He may have once existed (I'm a believer!) but Team USA Melo sadly went extinct long ago.

I agree that if your hypothetical came together that team could maybe compete with some help from Warrior ailments. But it's not happening because Melo's going to hurt that team.

Denver was too small and boring for Melo, he's going to be miserable in OKC. And this isn't a guy who will give it all up for a chance to win, he's fought to stay in NYC on shit rosters for years.

As an OKC hater, Melo and OKC is a match made in heaven to me.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Even with Melo, GS would still beat them in 6. I would applaud the Thunder for taking the big dick home run swing though to try and dethrone Golden State though.

Carmelo is good but I have never been really high on him before. He would definitely improve OKC but I don't know by how much.