Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Geirean Hatchett, 5* 2020 OL, Ferndale, WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bass fishing is yuge in Oklahoma
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    People out here mixing up out here the beauty of option football with shitass wing-t

Standard Supporter
    AIRWOLF said:

People out here mixing up out here the beauty of option football with shitass wing-t

If you don't think a well-executed Wing-T buck sweep is a thing of almost erotic beauty then I just can't even...

Granted.

But lest we forget, wing-t was developed out of necessity, because Delaware didn't have a QB or good linemen.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

If you don't think a well-executed Wing-T buck sweep is a thing of almost erotic beauty then I just can't even...

Granted.

But lest we forget, wing-t was developed out of necessity, because Delaware didn't have a QB or good linemen.
    And the wishbone was invented because Darrell Royal didn't have fullbacks that were quick enough to hit the A gaps out of the T-formation (because segregation). Necessity is the mother of invention and all that BS.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Both triple option and wing T feature the use of leather helmets, but triple option encourages addition of chin straps for safety reasons.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Granted.

And the wishbone was invented because Darrell Royal didn't have fullbacks that were quick enough to hit the A gaps out of the T-formation (because segregation). Necessity is the mother of invention and all that BS.
    Emory Bellard invented the wishbone and was hired by Royal. He went on to coach at Miss State

All from memory like pup. You guys google
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Granted.

Emory Bellard invented the wishbone and was hired by Royal. He went on to coach at Miss State

And then I did Google it:

According to Barry Switzer, it was Charles “Spud” Cason, football coach at William Monnig Junior High School of Fort Worth, Texas, who first modified the classic T formation in order “to get a slow fullback into the play quicker.”

Based on this, we are both wrong or Switzer is a liar. Abundance is also a strong possibility.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

Granted.

And then I did Google it:

According to Barry Switzer, it was Charles “Spud” Cason, football coach at William Monnig Junior High School of Fort Worth, Texas, who first modified the classic T formation in order “to get a slow fullback into the play quicker.”

Based on this, we are both wrong or Switzer is a liar. Abundance is also a strong possibility.
    I would bet money that Texas beat OU to the wishbone which is why Barry would have good reason to lie about it

Also possible it was invented in more than one place

Emory Dilworth Bellard (December 17, 1927 – February 10, 2011)[1] was a college football coach. He was head coach at Texas A&M University from 1972 to 1978 and at Mississippi State University from 1979 until 1985. Bellard died on February 10, 2011 after battling amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) since the fall of 2010.[2]

Bellard is a member of the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. He was considered to have had one of the most innovative offensive minds in football and is credited for inventing the wishbone formation.

High school[edit]
    Bellard was a high school head coach for 21 seasons, where he achieved a record of 177–59–9 and won three state titles. During his time as a high school coach, he explored the idea of running an offense out of a three-back formation.

Bellard began coaching at Ingleside High School, a Class B school in Ingleside, Texas. He guided the school to two consecutive regional wins (as far as Class B football went) in 1953 and 1954, and a street near Ingleside High School is named after him.[4] He was then hired to succeed Joe Kerbel at Breckenridge High School, then a state powerhouse in the second-highest UIL classification. Under coach Kerbel and his predecessor Cooper Robbins, Breckenridge won three 3A state championships in 1951, 1952, and 1954. Bellard continued that winning tradition with state titles in 1958 and 1959.

In 1960, Bellard was selected over Gordon Wood to replace Bob Harrell as head coach at Central High School in San Angelo, Texas. San Angelo Central was playing in the highly competitive District 2-4A, nicknamed the "Little Southwest Conference", against perennial state champions such as Abilene and Odessa Permian. Bellard amassed a 59–19–2 record at San Angelo Central, winning a 4A state championship in 1966. He then left the high school ranks for the University of Texas at Austin.

In 1988, Bellard returned to the high school level, coaching Spring Westfield High School near Houston, Texas, to a 41–22–5 record over six seasons.

College[edit]
    Texas[edit]
    In 1967, Bellard was hired as the linebackers coach at the University of Texas at Austin and was moved to offensive coordinator in 1968. At this time, he developed and implemented the wishbone formation, a system inspired by the variations of the veer developed by Homer Rice and run by Bill Yeoman at the University of Houston.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emory_Bellard
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bass fishing is yuge in Oklahoma

Ditch pickles.

Let's hope our new prospect has higher standards than that.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

Don't worry fam, there ain't no salmon in Oklahoma. He aren't going there

Respect the Gods.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So I met Geirean and his father a few weeks back. Talked quite a bit with his father. Father graduated from Puyallup HS and played with Damon Huard. He ended up playing OL for Western in Bellingham, hence why they now live in Ferndale. They have family in Texas so to me, I think the TCU offer is the biggest threat. Father mentioned that Coach Pete and Coach Patterson had similar messages. Mentioned that all the schools (Okie/OkieLight/TCU/UW) all had flash/swag so that wasn't really a motivator. They both were very polite and the father was extremely proud( as he should be ) But the funniest moment was when I asked if they visited any message boards. The fathers eyes opened wide and with disdain in his voice, he replied, "Oh geez that Hardcore Husky site... wow... I sure hope you ain't one of them guys!"

Well I can't believe it took this long, but WDWHA.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pete and Patterson are very similar in their messages ... not surprised at all to hear those comments.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did we tell his hs coach to fuck off yet?
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Plenkovich is a good guy.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

haie said:

Plenkovich is a good guy.
    And a huge Dawg fan.