Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2018
    Derek just linked this:

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/college/2018/04/20/washington-huskies-recruiting-inroads-hawaii/534276002/

Suggests Tufono is 100% committing to UW?

"Huffman said Mariota's rise at Oregon opened the door for players other than linemen to be recruited.

The remaining half of the state's Top 10 prospects all fit into that category. Four-star linebacker Maninoa Tufono, the No. 2 prospect in Hawaii, is the No. 91 inside linebacker in the nation. He has 35 scholarship offers from major schools (Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas), but the recruiting service predicts there's a "100 percent" chance he'll commit to the Huskies."
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Derek just linked this:

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/college/2018/04/20/washington-huskies-recruiting-inroads-hawaii/534276002/

"Huffman said Mariota's rise at Oregon opened the door for players other than linemen to be recruited.

The remaining half of the state's Top 10 prospects all fit into that category. Four-star linebacker Maninoa Tufono, the No. 2 prospect in Hawaii, is the No. 91 inside linebacker in the nation. He has 35 scholarship offers from major schools (Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas), but the recruiting service predicts there's a "100 percent" chance he'll commit to the Huskies."

What they're referencing is the fact that he has 1 cristoball on 247, and it says he's going to UW. Hence the "100%". It's a good guess, because he's a legacy recruit for us, but no one really has any idea where he's going.

Someone here said that Tufono hasn't really heard from UW a lot recently, so it sounds like Gregory is dropping the ball on his recruiting. He could come here, or he could not. EWIWBI etc.
    I never imagined Gregory would drop the ball on recruiting. Just never imagined it.
    Biggins and Keith Miller said they didn't want to bash a kid, but then began to bash Tufono's performance at The LA Opening in their poadcast. Maybe it's a simple case of YDWHA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwFAUQZfK4
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Derek just linked this:

What they're referencing is the fact that he has 1 cristoball on 247, and it says he's going to UW. Hence the "100%". It's a good guess, because he's a legacy recruit for us, but no one really has any idea where he's going.

Someone here said that Tufono hasn't really heard from UW a lot recently, so it sounds like Gregory is dropping the ball on his recruiting. He could come here, or he could not. EWIWBI etc.
    I never imagined Gregory would drop the ball on recruiting. Just never imagined it.
    Biggins and Keith Miller said they didn't want to bash a kid, but then began to bash Tufono's performance at The LA Opening in their poadcast. Maybe it's a simple case of YDWHA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwFAUQZfK4
    Miller is a fucking ball sniffing hack. Biggins is whatever. They are so over-invested in 7-on-7 it's a fucking crime.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Derek just linked this:

Whew! Thanks Swaye!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Wasn't it agreed upon like a month ago that UW stopped recruiting this kid?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The only thing I can think of is at some of the camps he’s really struggled with coverage. Maybe the coaches just don’t like him as much as Heimuli or something.

But fuck that, take this kid and Heimuli. Having Sirmon didn’t stop us? from taking Yankoff.

Sign as many good players as you can, let them fight it out, play the best, abundance.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    He's now ranked in the top 50 in the 247 composite. But obviously the coaches know what they're doing.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He's now ranked in the top 50 in the 247 composite. But obviously the coaches know what they're doing.

NEsnake12 said:

Yeah, you're right, there's no correlation between recruiting rankings and wins. Silly me.
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yeah, you're right, there's no correlation between recruiting rankings and wins. Silly me.
    You just cited him moving up in the compostite rankings as a concern to UW not recruiting him hard, which happened because fucking ESPN updated their rankings. Lmfao
    I posted it because I think it's laughable that our coaches supposedly don't want him any more, even though he's one of the highest ranked recruits nationally and his stock is rising.

I'm as contrarian as pretty much anybody, and even I think Peterman is a stubborn dick. I love him as a coach, but this is a prime example of Dennis' accusation that he wants to outsmart everybody.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I can't tell what's going on.
  • I really think this is all hearsay. We don't know until he signs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

I really think this is all hearsay. It's not over until he signs.