Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When is straight pride month?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You sound old, rich, & white.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Speaking of straight, I wanna titty fuck the chick in Swaye's avatar
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    Standard Supporter
    "Every month is straight pride month."
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For a long time in this country gay people felt ashamed of their sexuality. So much so, that they would hide their sexuality. Even going as far marrying a woman and having children. This is still happening today. So that's the need for a gay pride parade. Maybe it's not the most effective tool but they point is to try and help people. Even if that message gets lost sometimes.

Now I can't speak for everyone but I can say as a straight man I've never felt ashamed of being straight. I've had plenty of shame sexually and I'm sure a lot of people have. If you're straight and you have a specific thing you want to have a parade about, I'm sure that would be fine. Maybe you went to a strict catholic school and felt repressed sexually. Have a parade about it if you think it would help people. But the idea of a straight pride parade is silly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I oppress all parades equally.

Except for this one, oppression set to 11 12.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BaldwinIV said:

Check your prIVilege, brah
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,687
    Straight is so yesterday and that tiny percentage of sexual deviates is so cool!

Worked my ass off is my privilege.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

For a long time in this country gay people felt ashamed of their sexuality. So much so, that they would hide their sexuality. Even going as far marrying a woman and having children. This is still happening today. So that's the need for a gay pride parade. Maybe it's not the most effective tool but they point is to try and help people. Even if that message gets lost sometimes.

Now I can't speak for everyone but I can say as a straight man I've never felt ashamed of being straight. I've had plenty of shame sexually and I'm sure a lot of people have. If you're straight and you have a specific thing you want to have a parade about, I'm sure that would be fine. Maybe you went to a strict catholic school and felt repressed sexually. Have a parade about it if you think it would help people. But the idea of a straight pride parade is silly.

I would like to have a straight white male parade
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    phineas said:

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    phineas said:

That sounds kinda gay.

In, you know, a gay way.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    Standard Supporter
    The problem with parades is that they require multiple roads to be shut down, and roads are needed by cars so that they can drive places.

If you want to have a parade, go ahead...but please have them on private property. Otherwise, you're being a major asshole.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801

The problem with parades is that they require multiple roads to be shut down, and roads are needed by cars so that they can drive places.

If you want to have a parade, go ahead...but please have them on private property. Otherwise, you're being a major asshole.

Bruh - unless you've been to Nola (ILTCINTHWILTD), and tossed some beads in exchange for tits, STFU.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Gay pride parades have largely morphed from what you describe into something more akin to hard left political rallies. Also, I would think that the long term goal is widespread societal tolerance and acceptance, and IMO, that day is not too far in the future, attitudes have changed a great deal over the decades. However, these parades have historically been, and continue to be intentionally provocative. That is an effective way to get people's attention, but not necessarily in a good way. Just sayin.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Gay pride parades have largely morphed from what you describe into something more akin to hard left political rallies. Also, I would think that the long term goal is widespread societal tolerance and acceptance, and IMO, that day is not too far in the future, attitudes have changed a great deal over the decades. However, these parades have historically been, and continue to be intentionally provocative. That is an effective way to get people's attention, but not necessarily in a good way. Just sayin.
    Yeah that's all well and good....but I don't like seeing fags kiss.

Actually the thing that's annoying the most to me is how they have to throw a gay storyline into every show and movie.

It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Living in California, nobody gives a fuck.

But if you want to normalize your existence, you shouldn't put all your eggs in the sexually promiscuous basket.

Gay people are more than a parade of glitter and dildos.