Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA championship grade

I came up with the idea of some championships being worth more than others a while ago. For example the Giants beating the undefeated Patriots is a 10 on the scale. The Patriots last Super Bowl was also a 10. The Cavs championship last year was a 10. But some championships are duds.

There's no 100% rules on this. The Giants got a 10 for a close game and the quality of their opponent. The Pats Super Bowl this year ignores quality of the opponent and focuses on the comeback.

I award this Golden State title a 2. 1 point for being a great team, 1 point for beating the team that beat them last year.

Worth noting, Lebron's lowest championship score is a 10.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This was an A- series ...

In the end, this series will do a lot to advance/inspire the game in the present and future ...

LBJ choking away Game 3 keeps it from being higher
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

In the end, this series will do a lot to advance/inspire the game in the present and future ...

Explain.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Explain.
    He probably means that you're going to see superstars assembling in their primes instead of their twilight years to win a championship.

I think the money in the league is good enough that guys can take "pay cuts" and try to win.

GMs and owners will respond because this might be a 4-peat in the making.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Explain.
    He probably means that you're going to see superstars assembling in their primes instead of their twilight years to win a championship.

I think the money in the league is good enough that guys can take "pay cuts" and try to win.

In other words, the regular season and playoffs will continue to get less watchable.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Explain.

I think this is true but not what I was getting at ... it was much more stylistic
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,769

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Explain.

In other words, the regular season and playoffs will continue to get less watchable.
    Eventually, they'll just have weekend tournaments like their glory AAU days.

Then they'll all go get Sonic slushies after the lost finals games.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    Founders Club
    In looking back, the Sonics' championship in 1979 feels like a 2.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is what happens when a random political generator wanders off the reservation.