Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fa'atui Tuitele, 5* 2019 DL, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options

elord821 said:

I hope Ika goes to Bama and takes up a spot.

The 4 best coaches in the country and Tom Herman. This kid gets it. Get him Malloe.

Bill Snyder is better than Swinney.
    No we want Ika and Tuilete which should be doable.

Bill Synder is a walking fucking corspe. Dabo won a fucking natty.
    So did Gene Chizik. Bill Snyder has been solid for three decades with bottom of the barrel JUCOs. If he had the talent Swinney has had, the natty narrative would very likely be different.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Lake followed Tuitele on twitter today.

There are a couple really good things for us here: Malloe is the only Hawaiian recruiting him (in the actual sense, not in the Roof sense) and is one of only two Poly coaches recruiting him (Tosh is the other).

Everyone else is really far away and no one has much of a Poly community. Scott Pagano went from HI to Clemson and transferred.

Structurally this is great and his comments about Malloe are really telling. This kid is the #1 DT in the west and an absolutely devastating player.

Would be closer to the Gaines role than the Vea role. I would kill for him and Ika (who is more a Vita) and a lot of people would, too... but with the way we closed last year, anything is possible.

If you haven't watched his JR film watch it and keep in mind he was only playing with one healthy arm: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5433224/5a16c0028cd3fb02cc24652b

Tosh scares the shit out of me. Let’s just hope that Tuitele understands that Alabama IS IN Alabama.
    Tuscaloosa
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    elord821 said:

The 4 best coaches in the country and Tom Herman. This kid gets it. Get him Malloe.

Gotta disagree with you there, Air Rick.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    guntlove said:

I know we all like to joke about having a hat on the table. But the fact that UW is consistently being named in the top 5 or 6 or 10 or 14 or whatever the fuck kids do these days matters. The more top end kids that give UW a look results in more top end kids legitimately considering UW.

Others will take notice of this, especially the Poly's. Maybe it's the reason Buelow or Vimahi take a closer look when added to Pa'ama having already committed.

Being the only West Coast school matters. Not having USC in his list matters. Being in it with Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Texas for a top 25 kid fucking matters.

Malloe is a fucking boss.

I'm hearing our head coach doesn't understand recruiting and only wants low rated white guys.. Also hearing our D line coach should have been fired after losing Marlon but he wasn't because our HC is a pussy who doesn't care about winning.

Just what I'm hearing.
    I'm also hearing Strausser is a GOOD coach!1!1 And that shitty, two star OL recruits will be fine so long as they piss tan & shit lavender because Strausser can corch em' up!!1!

Christ dude... We made a top five list, maybe tap the brakes a little.

Also... I appreciate the profiles-in-courage stand you're taking regarding Malloe now that he's started to kill it on the recruiting trail. But let's not pretend the criticism was unwarranted. He didn't just get cucked on Marlon, he failed to sign a single lineman that year. Then the following year he whiffed on Togaiaiaiai despite having almost every built-in advantage... it wasn't looking very good.

To the dude's credit he turned it around in a major fucking way... and if he signs another top DL this year to go along with Paama, you could probably add him to the Lake/Hamden/Lubick category of guys you just expect to dominate every year in recruiting. Which is pretty cool.
    Yep.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

So did Gene Chizik. Bill Snyder has been solid for three decades with bottom of the barrel JUCOs. If he had the talent Swinney has had, the natty narrative would very likely be different.
    Cam Newton won that natty.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I will jerk off furiously if we get this kid. I better consult @SpiritHorse on this one.

The last time I made a call on a huge Poly D lineman with an offer from Ohio State you tried to shoot me you fucking idiot.
    You need to make a pod appearance at some point
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Cam Newton won that natty.
    Having watched both title games, I would have to disagree. As for who's a better coach, it's all a matter of opinion. I'm not sure Swinney would've done as well in Manhattan, KS. Snyder's career at K State is amazing. KSU will die when Snyder dies, which will be the day he retires.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I get sweat pants boner at the thought
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Interesting thread on dawgman re: this kid. HawaiiDawg2 (who's actually a pretty decent poster) claims he's headed to UW. Then there's some interesting twatter decoding. Worth taking a look since I know everybody on this site is secretly a dawgman member ;)

Not a secret member, any spoonfeed on the twatter shit?
  • Options

Taking a big fucking risk here, but for my fourth and final call this year....the spirits tell me this one is in the bag.

#suckiturban

So him, Buelow and who are the others? Ngata?
  • Options

dnc said:

Interesting thread on dawgman re: this kid. HawaiiDawg2 (who's actually a pretty decent poster) claims he's headed to UW. Then there's some interesting twatter decoding. Worth taking a look since I know everybody on this site is secretly a dawgman member ;)

Not a secret member, any spoonfeed on the twatter shit?
    In light of HawaiiDawg2’s post, and because twitter-stalking 17 year olds is all the rage, I decided to do some twitter sleuthing myself. Tuitele doesn’t tweet a lot compared to many other PSA’s, so going back to when he put out his top 5 list on 5/21, he’s had a total of 25. Of those, there have been three retweets directly involving UW, one involving Jordan Botelho’s visit to Oregon (which isn’t in his top 5), and one involving an Arkansas player’s DL swim move (Arkansas also not in the top 5). His most recent tweet was one he retweeted from Ikaika Malloe yesterday; the previous two UW ones were a Kalepo retweet and Botelho’s UW visit and offer.. The rest do not directly involve colleges.

Couple that with the fact that on his banner it says “committed to the University of...”. I’m not saying that this is concrete stuff, but of his top 5, Clemson and Ohio State do not go by “University of” (Clemson University and Ohio State University), thus leaving the University of Texas, Alabama, and Washington.

Just found some of this very interesting, considering HD2’s recent post. Wanted to stoke the fire a little bit. This kid would be an incredible pickup and a crown jewel in any school’s recruiting class. Now to just wait and see if these subtle coincidences are really pointing to anything.
    That's Coker level shit.

TYFYTS