Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Biggins posted about his visit over on the ND site and said the following:

--Said it's down to ND & Washington. USC is in it but he doesn't think they are in it that much.
    --It is TIGHT between ND/UW
    --Said he talked to Asa's coach today who said Kelly made the best impression on Asa & his family. Said Kelly spent the most time with them.
    --Mom wants him closer. Said if ND was in California then it'd be a no brainier.
    --Biggins closes and says he thinks Washington led before the ND visit and mentioned if UW hit it out of the park this weekend, then it would be over. Biggins says that he doesn't get the feeling that happened and Asa wasn't "blown away on the trip".

The ND Goofs believe that the bag from Jimmy Lake wasn't large enough to seal it.

he gone.

Is it just me or do UW official visits seems to lack some sizzle... would really like to know what they do inbetween food stops! I know they like to eat at saltys, Columbia tower, space needle and the Washington athletic club but besides the recruits getting schooled in ping pong and pop a shot basketball by the staff I would be curious to see how we differe with the schools that are known for recruiting
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

--Said it's down to ND & Washington. USC is in it but he doesn't think they are in it that much.
    --Said he talked to Asa's coach today who said Kelly made the best impression on Asa & his family. Said Kelly spent the most time with them.
    --Mom wants him closer. Said if ND was in California then it'd be a no brainier.
    --Biggins closes and says he thinks Washington led before the ND visit and mentioned if UW hit it out of the park this weekend, then it would be over. Biggins says that he doesn't get the feeling that happened and Asa wasn't "blown away on the trip".

The ND Goofs believe that the bag from Jimmy Lake wasn't large enough to seal it.

he gone.

Is it just me or do UW official visits seems to lack some sizzle... would really like to know what they do inbetween food stops! I know they like to eat at saltys, Columbia tower, space needle and the Washington athletic club but besides the recruits getting schooled in ping pong and pop a shot basketball by the staff I would be curious to see how we differe with the schools that are known for recruiting
    I believe beer, parties, and lots of girls who love football players are the differences.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

he gone.

I believe beer, parties, and lots of girls who love football players are the differences.
    Tough to do that when Mom tags along
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

Meek said:

he gone.

Tough to do that when Mom tags along
    Notre dame snuck it in there while mom and sister were present
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

he gone.

Well shit if your account was still on the fritz I wouldn't have read that so fuck off but welcome back
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Notre Dame coaches took him and his family to Brian Kelly's house which sits on a Lake and took them out on his boat. UW coaches didn't do shit to "blow him away". Petersen makes millions and can afford a house on Lake Washington, a two million dollar yacht, and jet skis for official visits. But nah, he's content just taking kids out to dinner in downtown Seattle or whatever. Fuck, even the Utah coaches take kids snowmobiling for official visits. UW can blow anybody away as well or better than any school in the nation if Pete just fucking nuts up and puts his money where his mouth is. I'm starting to get seriously irritated. They cannot start stacking L's back to back to back. Need to get this fucking kid.

If it was up to you we wouldn't have Kalepo.

STFU
    I'm not ballz.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Notre Dame coaches took him and his family to Brian Kelly's house which sits on a Lake and took them out on his boat. UW coaches didn't do shit to "blow him away". Petersen makes millions and can afford a house on Lake Washington, a two million dollar yacht, and jet skis for official visits. But nah, he's content just taking kids out to dinner in downtown Seattle or whatever. Fuck, even the Utah coaches take kids snowmobiling for official visits. UW can blow anybody away as well or better than any school in the nation if Pete just fucking nuts up and puts his money where his mouth is. I'm starting to get seriously irritated. They cannot start stacking L's back to back to back. Need to get this fucking kid.

Petersen is the mastermind and more detail oriented than any coach in the nation and got a degree in psychology. Everything he does is part of a strategy.
    Yes, this is part of his "we don't want to be about hype and want recruits to come here for tangible reasons instead of a flashy 24-48 hour mirage" strategy. I think this is the wrong strategy. I think his strategy of not prematurely offering in-state underclassman is a good one because it minimizes recruiting mistakes and gives the coaches more time to evaluate who they really want and figure out which recruits really are the best.
  • Options

dnc said:

If it was up to you we wouldn't have Kalepo.

STFU
    I'm not ballz.
    yes you are bitch you arent fooling anyone bitch
    No I'm not bitch!
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    Cant a mod just check his ip address?

Why was he banned anyway (other than all the aids).
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Petersen is the mastermind and more detail oriented than any coach in the nation and got a degree in psychology. Everything he does is part of a strategy.
    Yes, this is part of his "we don't want to be about hype and want recruits to come here for tangible reasons instead of a flashy 24-48 hour mirage" strategy. I think this is the wrong strategy. I think his strategy of not prematurely offering in-state underclassman is a good one because it minimizes recruiting mistakes and gives the coaches more time to evaluate who they really want and figure out which recruits really are the best.
    Minus 1 kid, Petersen's strategy worked just fine closing out last year.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

he gone.

Uh that's nothing different than a normal weekend at home.