Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Are we actually looking at this kid as a DB or are we thinking he turns into a LB?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Are we actually looking at this kid as a DB or are we thinking he turns into a LB?

Lb, safety or dB.

Beautiful flexibility. Six-four supposedly. Lots of potential.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’d be an assassin on our defense. Tons of upside.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    His film is sicknasty. Safety please.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Can he play buck?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HA! Watch his Hudl at 5:40. Pay close attention to #80 on the offense.
    Just before that, at 5:10, is some straight up junior Kevin King against USC shit. Which is nice.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, if this guy's really 6'4", there's no way he doesn't end up as an OLB a la Feeney. He's skinny now, but he's going to end up over 230, and watching his offensive highlights, he's deceptively strong and seems to relish doing the dirty work close to the line of scrimmage. This is Travis Feeney 2.0.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Also, if this guy's really 6'4", there's no way he doesn't end up as an OLB a la Feeney. He's skinny now, but he's going to end up over 230, and watching his offensive highlights, he's deceptively strong and seems to relish doing the dirty work close to the line of scrimmage. This is Travis Feeney 2.0.

Fuck that. I want white Kam Chancellor. You don't put a guy who can catch at edge rusher.
    Sounds like the GOAT WTE to me
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Fuck that. I want white Kam Chancellor. You don't put a guy who can catch at edge rusher.

What if he can pass rush? I would put edge pressure over coverage
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

He’s half-Hawaiian. Let’s not besmirch him by calling him white.
    Ham Chancellor?
    Spam Chancellor
    That’s what I was looking for
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    Hence forth known as Spam Turner