Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dawson Jaramillo, 4* 2018 OL, Lake Oswego, OR (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Awfully warm out there
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fuck, this kid is a retard if he stays in the starte of Oregon

There's that Doog talk again...
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

NEsnake12 said:

He only liked the Oregon replies to his top 5 tweet... specifically ones mentioning Cristobal.

and Pete will have learned from Nansen last year, so I expect we'll sweeten the pot at the right time.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

priapism said:

Cristobaled to Oregon.

It's well rumored that Cristobal likes to watch the players shower. Maybe Jaramillo likes that.

I mean, he looks like this:
    Probably safe to say girls aren't going for his looks.
    Fuck it .....he looks like the lawnmower man and Harry Dunn had a child. #my2dads
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck, this kid is a retard if he stays in the starte of Oregon

I never blame the kids for choosing an Autzen parking lot rape
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Nurple said:

priapism said:

Cristobaled to Oregon.

It's well rumored that Cristobal likes to watch the players shower. Maybe Jaramillo likes that.

Fuck it .....he looks like the lawnmower man and Harry Dunn had a child. #my2dads
    And a female child at that
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Nurple said:

priapism said:

Cristobaled to Oregon.

And a female child at that
    I hope you don't have daughters
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love him.

Well until he turns 18.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A chinteresting tidbit on this kid. I was parusing the TBS lists today and noticed that Jaramillo has fallen all the way to around 60 in the scout OT rankings. I believe that at one point he was just outside the top 100 players overall and considered one of the top o linemen in the west.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I can't disagree at all ... where you are fucked is when you have a coach that cares about star ratings
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

A chinteresting tidbit on this kid. I was parusing the TBS lists today and noticed that Jaramillo has fallen all the way to around 60 in the scout OT rankings. I believe that at one point he was just outside the top 100 players overall and considered one of the top o linemen in the west.

As a guy that has worked Under Armor, Nike, Army AA, and countless other combine/skill things recruiting rankings are fucking retarded.

Here is how recruiting works: If you are at a winning program you are automatically rated higher than those that aren't. If you are in a good high school program then you are already a slave to the weight room, film room, off-season workouts, community service, study hall, etc. The odds of you telling a coach to fuck off or stealing a laptop are lower. Remember, college coaches already work a 14 hour day regardless, they don't want to deal with a shit head unless he can directly win them games.

If you aren't being heavily recruited as a junior you are fucked. Marcus Mariota is a perfect example of this. He didn't start for St Louis high until he was a senior. Go back and watch his game film and tell me he wasn't a super hero then, he was. Slingblade got lucky, not Herbert into his lap lucky, but lucky. Mariota is a 3-star and a zillion guys working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car right now are rated higher.

The star rating system is based off of a ton of bias and laziness. All of the recruiting "experts" have zero football or even sports backgrounds. They were guys that saw the potential of teen boy stalking. If USC and Texas offer a kid then he gets a 3-star minimum rating that usually turns into something higher before signing day. The same programs always have a shit ton of talent. You rate their classes high and when they win it verifies you know what you were talking about. When they lose it's the coaches fault. When a team no one cares about wins with recruits no one bothered to really recruit then it's a Cinderella story, you know until five guys off of their team go on and start in the NFL. There is no real coverage of Mid-Major recruiting because it would require actual work and skill, neither of those are coming from recruiting experts.

The next is family income. Rex Grossman was from Illinois. His dad wanted him to go to Florida. Rex's dad would fly Rex down for every camp, every Spring, every everything. Rex Grossman lived around Florida football from the time he was a Sophomore in HS. Remember those three brother from Sand Diego with the zillionaire parents? One went to Stanford, one to Michigan, and I believe one to Nebraska. Not one of them could play a lick of football. Daddy had a production team, A FUCKING PRODUCTION TEAM building their highlight tapes, they went to every combine and camp ever, they even paid people to call coaches daily on their behalf. Ghetto kids don't get this kind of look.

The last are special teams. There are no kicking coaches. Chris Sailor holds a camp on the west coast and there is another big one on the east coast. Go look it up. However you perform in those camps are who gets scholarships and there is no other metric measured in special teams recruiting which is why a guy like Maldonado who killed Chip Kelly's college legacy finished #1 at Sailor's camp but didn't have the leg for a 35 yard field goal got a scholarship and Aiden Schneider, who is now the best kicker in Oregon history is a walk on.

If you have a good coaching staff following recruiting is pointless. They will get their guys and develop them. If you care about recruiting your coach is brand new or you have a mediocre to awful coach.

Disagree
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Mosster47 said:

As a guy that has worked Under Armor, Nike, Army AA, and countless other combine/skill things recruiting rankings are fucking retarded.

Here is how recruiting works: If you are at a winning program you are automatically rated higher than those that aren't. If you are in a good high school program then you are already a slave to the weight room, film room, off-season workouts, community service, study hall, etc. The odds of you telling a coach to fuck off or stealing a laptop are lower. Remember, college coaches already work a 14 hour day regardless, they don't want to deal with a shit head unless he can directly win them games.

If you aren't being heavily recruited as a junior you are fucked. Marcus Mariota is a perfect example of this. He didn't start for St Louis high until he was a senior. Go back and watch his game film and tell me he wasn't a super hero then, he was. Slingblade got lucky, not Herbert into his lap lucky, but lucky. Mariota is a 3-star and a zillion guys working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car right now are rated higher.

The star rating system is based off of a ton of bias and laziness. All of the recruiting "experts" have zero football or even sports backgrounds. They were guys that saw the potential of teen boy stalking. If USC and Texas offer a kid then he gets a 3-star minimum rating that usually turns into something higher before signing day. The same programs always have a shit ton of talent. You rate their classes high and when they win it verifies you know what you were talking about. When they lose it's the coaches fault. When a team no one cares about wins with recruits no one bothered to really recruit then it's a Cinderella story, you know until five guys off of their team go on and start in the NFL. There is no real coverage of Mid-Major recruiting because it would require actual work and skill, neither of those are coming from recruiting experts.

The next is family income. Rex Grossman was from Illinois. His dad wanted him to go to Florida. Rex's dad would fly Rex down for every camp, every Spring, every everything. Rex Grossman lived around Florida football from the time he was a Sophomore in HS. Remember those three brother from Sand Diego with the zillionaire parents? One went to Stanford, one to Michigan, and I believe one to Nebraska. Not one of them could play a lick of football. Daddy had a production team, A FUCKING PRODUCTION TEAM building their highlight tapes, they went to every combine and camp ever, they even paid people to call coaches daily on their behalf. Ghetto kids don't get this kind of look.

The last are special teams. There are no kicking coaches. Chris Sailor holds a camp on the west coast and there is another big one on the east coast. Go look it up. However you perform in those camps are who gets scholarships and there is no other metric measured in special teams recruiting which is why a guy like Maldonado who killed Chip Kelly's college legacy finished #1 at Sailor's camp but didn't have the leg for a 35 yard field goal got a scholarship and Aiden Schneider, who is now the best kicker in Oregon history is a walk on.

If you have a good coaching staff following recruiting is pointless. They will get their guys and develop them. If you care about recruiting your coach is brand new or you have a mediocre to awful coach.

Probably the best post I have read on here in the last two years.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Hearing he's going to USC with Nansen
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

WTF are his calves made of?

I can't believe I ever wanted him
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer