Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

As a young white boy in Olympia Garfield was legendary for the basketball team and the music department. I know that sounds racist in a way but they were really good. The whole state had like three black people in it

I'd be looking through the state tourney program and Garfield, Lincoln Tacoma, and Davis would always be there and have the only Black players.

I'd prefer not to be at war with them. Some great Husky football players have come from there as well.

Isn't Rainier Beach more black than those other schools? There's white tons of white kids at Garfield. At Rainier Beach I can't recall over 10 white students when I went there.
    Yes and yes.

The public high schools in Seattle range from single digit white (Rainier Beach, Cleveland, and Franklin) to majority white (Ballard, Roosevelt, W. Seattle, Ingraham, & Nathan Hale).

Rainier Beach 3%
    Cleveland 7%
    Franklin 8%
    Chief Sealth 23%
    Garfield 40%
    West Seattle 52%
    Nathan Hale 54%
    Ingraham 55%
    Roosevelt 69%
    Ballard 75%

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

As a young white boy in Olympia Garfield was legendary for the basketball team and the music department. I know that sounds racist in a way but they were really good. The whole state had like three black people in it

I'd be looking through the state tourney program and Garfield, Lincoln Tacoma, and Davis would always be there and have the only Black players.

I'd prefer not to be at war with them. Some great Husky football players have come from there as well.

Isn't Rainier Beach more black than those other schools? There's white tons of white kids at Garfield. At Rainier Beach I can't recall over 10 white students when I went there.
    Yes and yes.

The public high schools in Seattle range from single digit white (Rainier Beach, Cleveland, and Franklin) to majority white (Ballard, Roosevelt, W. Seattle, Ingraham, & Nathan Hale).

Rainier Beach 3%
    Cleveland 7%
    Franklin 8%
    Chief Sealth 23%
    Garfield 40%
    West Seattle 52%
    Nathan Hale 54%
    Ingraham 55%
    Roosevelt 69%
    Ballard 75%

That is interesting. I would have guesstimated higher white %s for every school above 50% on that list.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

Yes and yes.

Rainier Beach 3%
    Cleveland 7%
    Franklin 8%
    Chief Sealth 23%
    Garfield 40%
    West Seattle 52%
    Nathan Hale 54%
    Ingraham 55%
    Roosevelt 69%
    Ballard 75%

That is interesting. I would have guesstimated higher white %s for every school above 50% on that list.
    White people hale less babies on average so the numbers aren’t necessarily representative of neighborhood populations as a whole.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,219
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In the 60's the Central Area was still thriving. Yes, Blacks migrated south to the places mentioned in the 70's and 80's

Our son and daughter went to Rainier Beach.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Where did the fence go? Apparently, any deal must include money for the wall.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    This reminds me that Jimbo Fisher ≠ Gene Chizik. Jimbo Fisher = Mack Brown.
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes

In the 60's the Central Area was still thriving. Yes, Blacks migrated south to the places mentioned in the 70's and 80's

I bought in the central district 10 years ago and had one of the nicer houses on the block. Now it's the shittiest and whites are moving in so god damn fast. Gentrification isn't new around here but the transformation is almost complete. I seriously wonder where the black kids at Garfield live.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I bought in the central district 10 years ago and had one of the nicer houses on the block. Now it's the shittiest and whites are moving in so god damn fast. Gentrification isn't new around here but the transformation is almost complete. I seriously wonder where the black kids at Garfield live.
    White (lol) Center and MLK area
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Here were a list of TSIO demands over the past couple years:

Pease gone (check).
    Strausser gone (we were particularly emphatic on this one).
    Get a OL coach who can recruit (check).
    Smith gone (not quite sure how this happened, but thank god it did).
    Strategize more in recruiting (check).
    Add a FS black coach (check) to recruit BUCKs (roundabout check).
    Use social media more effectively (getting there).

Honestly, I’m so optimistic about Pete because he does the needful. It may not always be as quickly as we’d like it, but I respect the fact that he gives his coaches a chance to right the ship (Malloe) and I’m sure his coaches love and respect him for that.

Quite honestly, I’m shocked at how closely our advice has been implemented. Not so much because Pete was wrong, but more that he was thinking the same way we were.

That Brock and Salk interview sealed the deal.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747

dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

Yes and yes.

Rainier Beach 3%
    Cleveland 7%
    Franklin 8%
    Chief Sealth 23%
    Garfield 40%
    West Seattle 52%
    Nathan Hale 54%
    Ingraham 55%
    Roosevelt 69%
    Ballard 75%

White people hale less babies on average so the numbers aren’t necessarily representative of neighborhood populations as a whole.
    Also, white people are afraid of black and brown people so they created SJWs.
    And you all know it's true.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747

Here were a list of TSIO demands over the past couple years:

Pease gone (check).
    Strausser gone (we were particularly emphatic on this one).
    Get a OL coach who can recruit (check).
    Smith gone (not quite sure how this happened, but thank god it did).
    Strategize more in recruiting (check).
    Add a FS black coach (check) to recruit BUCKs (roundabout check).
    Use social media more effectively (getting there).

Honestly, I’m so optimistic about Pete because he does the needful. It may not always be as quickly as we’d like it, but I respect the fact that he gives his coaches a chance to right the ship (Malloe) and I’m sure his coaches love and respect him for that.

Quite honestly, I’m shocked at how closely our advice has been implemented. Not so much because Pete was wrong, but more that he was thinking the same way we were.

That Brock and Salk interview sealed the deal.

If most of us weren't chronically drunk, high, or sleep-deprived from TBSing, we'd realize that our collective brilliance is basically common sense for the average, sober person.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    "Wrong, do it again!"
    "If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"
    "You! Yes, you behind the bike sheds, stand still laddy!"

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Silent to Nebraska now imo
  • Options