Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a young white boy in Olympia Garfield was legendary for the basketball team and the music department. I know that sounds racist in a way but they were really good. The whole state had like three black people in it

I'd be looking through the state tourney program and Garfield, Lincoln Tacoma, and Davis would always be there and have the only Black players.

I'd prefer not to be at war with them. Some great Husky football players have come from there as well.

Cleveland was awesome in the 70's. And black as fuck.
    Like I was young in the 70's FFS
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

We are already fucked.

But it’s fine since Joey is a jerk. It’s going to be mellow losing a 5-Star edge rusher from 5 miles away.

No big deal.

Your contention that this is a problem is duly accepted.

How do you fix it?

Answers that involve a Lincoln Navigator or staff position for the coach aren't acceptable.
    @Dennis_DeYoung

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I know this kid is a fantastic football player but I'm getting to the point where the attitude is just not worth it. I think we are already out of for him anyways to tell you the truth
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I know this kid is a fantastic football player but I'm getting to the point where the attitude is just not worth it. I think we are already out of for him anyways to tell you the truth

No and no
  • Options
    dnc said:

No and no
    good thing I don't give two shits about your no and no
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Getting the best player in the country at a position of need is always worth it.
  • Options

Getting the best player in the country at a position of need is always worth it.
    I know. Good thing it isn't my call. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

As for the Garfield issue specifically it seems like Joey Thomas just wants to appear important. Invite him to pointless events, hold a camp and market him as one of the headlining coaches, offer his guys PWO spots, show up at his home games, basically make meaningless yet public overtures that he can puff his chest about.

I'm not really in for this, if dude really is dirty we? don't need to start endorsing him.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

As for the Garfield issue specifically it seems like Joey Thomas just wants to appear important. Invite him to pointless events, hold a camp and market him as one of the headlining coaches, offer his guys PWO spots, show up at his home games, basically make meaningless yet public overtures that he can puff his chest about.

I'm not really in for this, if dude really is dirty we? don't need to start endorsing him.
    Well Dennis wants to do the opposite which is fine too. I was just thinking there might be a way to massage his ego without actually endorsing him in any meaningful way.
    ^that
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a young white boy in Olympia Garfield was legendary for the basketball team and the music department. I know that sounds racist in a way but they were really good. The whole state had like three black people in it

I'd be looking through the state tourney program and Garfield, Lincoln Tacoma, and Davis would always be there and have the only Black players.

I'd prefer not to be at war with them. Some great Husky football players have come from there as well.

Cleveland was awesome in the 70's. And black as fuck.
    You just were in the 70's, 60's, 50's Backwards ellipsis forever. FFS
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Isn't Rainier Beach more black than those other schools? There's white tons of white kids at Garfield. At Rainier Beach I can't recall over 10 white students when I went there.