Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree - need to get to CFP and ideally win a game. It’s easier to make the argument that he’s the difference in winning it all when you are already in the dance vs outside looking in

Except the chances of UW winning a Playoff game with Brownsocks at QB is so fucking slim right now. I'll wait until the Auburn game to fully decide but right now I think not making the playoffs and winning the Rose Bowl would be better for the program and recruiting.
    Oh god not that tired argument again. It's never better winning a consolation game. It's the playoffs or bust. The whole goal of competing is to win the top prize. Otherwise there's no point.
    HR, YK
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Our hat on the table will be so good that it might even be his fake choice.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Trice is still on the fence. RAOTFLMAO!
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I can take a step back from the ledge?

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree - need to get to CFP and ideally win a game. It’s easier to make the argument that he’s the difference in winning it all when you are already in the dance vs outside looking in

Except the chances of UW winning a Playoff game with Brownsocks at QB is so fucking slim right now. I'll wait until the Auburn game to fully decide but right now I think not making the playoffs and winning the Rose Bowl would be better for the program and recruiting.
    Oh god not that tired argument again. It's never better winning a consolation game. It's the playoffs or bust. The whole goal of competing is to win the top prize. Otherwise there's no point.
    It's called incremental progress. UW is very unlikely to win a Playoff game this season. Bringing home a Rose Bowl trophy is better than taking an L in the Playoffs. It just is. Petersen's only bowl win at UW is against Southern Miss.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

It's called incremental progress. UW is very unlikely to win a Playoff game this season. Bringing home a Rose Bowl trophy is better than taking an L in the Playoffs. It just is. Petersen's only bowl win at UW is against Southern Miss.
    Participation ribbons are for pussies
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BlastDoor said:

I'm too poor to read the article, but I assume Wiltfong is saying it's Us (?) vs Bama. I assume the result will be browningpicksix.gif
    He said his best relationships are with UW staff. Then proceeds to give a shout out to literally every coach recruiting him. Then proceeds to gush about Alabama and how they win a national title every other year and put 50% of their 5 star recruits into the league while other schools average 17% first rounders that were 5-star recruits which is misleading because Bama gets a disproportionate amount of the 5-star recruits but whatever. He said winning means a lot to him which makes Bama, Georgia, and Clemson very attractive. Said a Pac-12 school hasn't won the national title in a long time. Said he is definitely watching the performance of teams he's considering this season and that will factor into his decision. UW vs. Bama battle right now. UW likely needs to beat Auburn, beat SC for the Pac-12 title, and maybe win the non-playoff Rose Bowl to have a chance at beating Bama for Smalls. Going back to the playoffs only to get slaughtered by Bama would not be good for UW's chances with Smalls.
    Petersen has 100% success rate with five star players he has coached.
  • Options

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

It's not as though it's a given that we win the rose bowl.

You take the shot at the playoffs when you get it.
    Certainly a better chance at winning the Rose Bowl in a more fair match up talent wise than playing Bama, Georgia, Clemson, or Ohio State in the playoff and almost certainly getting spanked again on national TV.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Since when is winning a Rose Bowl a participation ribbon? Forget just the Petersen era. UW as a program hasn't won a big bowl game in fucking 18 years. Only one team wins the national title and it ain't going to be UW. "A shot at the playoffs" means absolutely fucking nothing when your team is not ready to compete at that level yet and only further damages the brand and national perception of the program by getting cock slapped by some BBC having, zero-fuck giving Bama thugs. For the first time in my life I would like to see UW finish the season with a big bowl win against a big-time opponent and use the glory of that big win to bring in a monster 2020 recruiting class.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm tired of this kid already and the attitude that one player will be a program's savior. Odds are we've got ourselves another Eifler. Kid's tape may look great pushing around third-rate Metro OL's, but that doesn't prove shit. Come to UW or go ride the pine at Bama, but this is the poison of Joey Thomas's pimping his players.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think he's a pretty special talent from the tape I've seen.

He could be a real difference maker at Washington... But yeah, I'm getting tired of the sideshow as well.

If he's uw, great.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    This shits so dumb. These kids and coaches wouldn’t give a shit if UW had just gone 0-12,
    animate said:

I think he's a pretty special talent from the tape I've seen.

He could be a real difference maker at Washington... But yeah, I'm getting tired of the sideshow as well.

If he's uw, great.

You mean the recruiting process that literally every high profile talent goes through? If anything this is the most pro UW press he’s given in a while. Blah blah ups and downs of recruiting, you guys are buttfuckers.
  • Options
    Annoying saved drafts... I don’t even know how long ago I typed out that first part and just noticed it too late to edit it out.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Since when is winning a Rose Bowl a participation ribbon?

1998, with the exception of 2001 and 2005.

• Options
    Swaye said:

Annoying saved drafts... I don’t even know how long ago I typed out that first part and just noticed it too late to edit it out.

I could get rid of it for you, or just let it sit there for all time as a testament to you being a ding dong. Let me know.
    I accept my fate.