Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

How many different ways do I have to prove that you just don't get it @StrongArmCobra ??? I mean, it's really getting tiring exposing your stupidity. At least the average idiot makes me consider taking the gloves off … you're just a sparring partner that doesn't hit back.

1) So what I'm reading is that results don't matter and potential does. That sounds like some Quook level BS. Let's talk about coaching and development. Was there anything you saw last year ON THE FIELD that suggested that the existing WR coaching was actually doing a good job of developing players? Did anybody really break out? Did anybody really step up when it was next man up with the injuries? Instead, it was basically Dante + Bryant (before getting injured) + YUCK. Also, to be clear, I'm not advocating to recruit Sark/Slick levels of WRs. What I am suggesting is that you need to look at the WRs that you're recruiting and have a realistic assessment to them. Not everybody is going to pan out. That's true for most positions. So when you're in a position where you need some cream to rise to the top, the more competition that you can put in that room to push guys to get better the better the position group as a whole will be.

2) I'm not limited Taj Davis and his potential. I hope he's a baller. But I also know that Ngata will be a baller from Day 1 on campus. If I can get a guy that is an instant plug and play or a guy that needs to develop I'm taking the plug and play every single day of the week. Inherent in development is the risk that the player DOESN'T develop. Good development obviously goes a long way in ensuring that the risk factor goes down. But there's always risk. It's just how much risk do you have.

3) The fact that you even made your statement confirms your stupidity and shows that you don't understand team sports at all. It's all about what you ask people to do. If you put an elite player on your roster, you move your existing #1 option down to #2, #2 to #3, and so forth. Do you know else that means? That means that your prior #1 instead of being guarded by the opposition's #1 it's not guarded by their #2. Do you understand that trickle down effect? This is why having elite players matters. Not only do they have obvious skills that can't be taught and drawn attention, but they also create easier opportunities for their teammates.

4) Again, you're showing your ignorance. The reason I can say that a guy that has RS hasn't shown me anything is because I watched them not only last Fall heading into camp but also in the Spring. I see how guys are progressing and how they are able to play against our DBs. If I see a guy struggling to win reps against our depth, then I'm fairly confident in saying that they aren't ready to contribute at a meaningful level. This is what happens when a) you spend the time paying attention to what is going on and b) you actually have an idea of what you're looking at.

5) So UW isn't starting their 2020 recruiting yet. That's great. Do you know who is? A lot of our competition. We're allowing other schools to get head starts on us in recruiting because we're fucking asleep at the wheel. So let's get back to the whole concept of actions being greater than words. Your words tell me that there's nothing to worry about in 2020 recruiting. Actions in 2019 tell me that we just got blown out for an elite recruit and arguably have made questionable decisions on other recruits because we completely misread and misplayed our hand. Which of those paths makes more sense to believe? I'll go with the "there's reason for concern" path because that's what the OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE suggests.

1. You fucking idiot! The WR's on the fucking field last season were Pease recruits! Pounds, Baccellia, Fuller. etc. Those guys are from 3-4 classes ago and since then the WR recruiting has taken a massive step forward. As evidenced by Pittman and Delgado wanting to be a part of this class WR recruiting has not dropped off. Have we gotten a 5* stud like Ngata yet? No, but getting 4* guys is no fucking problem for this staff.

2. All I hear is you fucking crying about UW not getting Joe Ngata. Fucking get over it. And no, Ngata is not plug and play. Yes, he would play as a true Freshman at UW but he would need time to develop and learn our complicated offense like every other WR. It's not that fucking easy to come in and be a superstar when the playbook is way thicker than a high school playbook and you're going against the best secondary in the nation everyday in practice.

3. Sure, Ngata would help take pressure off of the other WR's that are on the field. Doesn't mean Austin Osborne or Marquis Spiker or Taj Davis won't be that #1 guy. Ngata is not on some completely different level than the guys we've brought in. Sure he's a 5* talent. As I said last year, Osborne is a 5* talent as well. Spiker was very close to being rated a 5* and broke the California state record for TD receptions. These guys are not slop compared to Ngata. They have talent as well.

4. You're not at all Fall practices and Spring practices. Most are closed to fans and some are even closed to the media. You don't know dick about who the fuck is ready to play or not. All of our young WR's like Bynum, Cook, etc. would look a lot better against most other secondaries in the nation. The point is, we hiave brought in the caliber of WR talent we want the past two classes. If we don't have scholarships available for more than one or two WR's this class too fucking bad. That's recruiting. You have to develop the guys to already recruited. Nobody is winning shit over recruiting the WR position.

5. We are not behind on 2020 recruits. We've offered guys. Most of them will not focus on recruiting until after their Junior season. It's the same shit every year dumbass you should be used to it by now.

6. We didn't misread shit you idiot! We realized "holy fucking shit, all these top 2019 offensive and defensive lineman are really feeling us so we need to have scholarships available for them later in the cycle. We'll pass on Delgado and pass on Pittman and go all in on Ngata because we feel good about the WRs we brought in the past two classes and don't lose any after this season. If we don't get Ngata we'll likely be done at WR unless another elite WR wants in down the road because we need to save scholarships for these LINEMAN." DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND. Say it with me WE WANT TO LOAD UP ON ELITE LINEMAN.

1. Except this year. Also, Davis is a 3* (just sayin’)
    2. huh?
    3. is he plug and play or NOT?!?!
    4. Are the practices fun? Do they sell soft drinks? Beer? Can you interact with the players???
    5. Agreed. Recruits should take all the visits and time they need before committing.
    6. Hats on the Table! Hats on the Table. Lemme here ya, Ballz say “Hats on the Table! Hats on the Table!”
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

I like to point out that none of our freshman receivers have proven anything to justify melting down over losing a 17 year old.

Not HH’s best effort.

None of our current freshman WRs are as good as this 17 year old WR … that seems to be the consensus
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

Dear Fucking Allah you are fucking stupid

1) Yes, JAGs played last year. I get that. Do you not understand that if we were playing JAGs and the "talented" players that we recruited couldn't pass said JAGs on the depth chart that they are therefore JAGs themselves until they PROVE that they are NOT JAGs? Is it really that fucking hard to understand? I feel like @Dennis_DeYoung right now wanting to get in my car and crash it into a brick wall at how difficult it is for you to apply real basic logic to ANYTHING.

2) Let's hypothetically say I take everything you say at face value, if that's the case, then I'll bitch at the fact that our playbook is so complicated that we can't get freshman on the field. Is that true for all other programs? Don't think so. I'd go as far as saying what you are arguing is an even bigger problem than missing on Ngata.

3) I'm optimistic that guys like Jones, Osborne, and Spiker will be Top 3 round picks at WR when they go to the NFL. The difference is that Ngata has the chance to be a Top 5 guy. He's a Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, etc. type of WR. Those guys don't grow on trees. None of the guys we have are like that. Did you not pay attention to how Clemson beat Alabama to win the National Title? A good chunk of that is having receivers that won 50/50 balls. The more you can throw talent on the field the more likely you can find a mismatch. If you find the mismatch then you have a chance to be successful. Go back to when we played Alabama, we couldn't create mismatches. John Ross couldn't just go run by Alabama's DBs. That shit didn't work because guess what, they have fast guys as well, are well coached, etc.

4) You're right, I'm not at every practice. But I attend a good number of the ones that are open. By that regard, I'm as well versed in what I'm seeing as anybody else not tied into the program (and by the way, most that are tied into the program aren't going to give you the truth about what they are seeing anyway because it's going to be scrubbed with what Pete wants communicated). It's not about whether our young WRs look better against OTHER secondaries because that's not the point. The point is that we have an elite DB core. If we're competing at the national level, we're competing against comparable DB groups. So if you're struggling against our DBs, there's a good chance that you're going to be struggling against other elite DB groups. My comments aren't about whether or not we're competitive enough to beat Oregon State. It's are we beating USC. Are we beating Stanford. Are we beating an elite SEC school like Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, etc.. It's beating Clemson. It's beating Ohio State. Is it THAT hard to understand that?

5) Recruiting for elite players is starting earlier and earlier. QB recruiting at the elite levels usually ends with verbals during the summer of their junior seasons. Top players are getting recruited hard as freshman. We can be oblivious to that fact or update our approach to be consistent with reality. The longer we wait to recruit kids the more we're giving our competition the opportunity to get a leg up.

6) I'm all for recruiting linemen ... that's great. We'll load up this year and then basically pass next year? That doesn't necessarily work out that well in the long-term because you have unbalanced positional groupings. I'm all for getting the best class that we can get. If you don't understand the concept of trying to ensure that you're getting good class balance then you don't get roster construction at all. No doubt you have to be a bit flexible as strengths/weaknesses and available opportunities change each year. But recruiting an unbalanced number in any position just kicks the can down the road a bit and you will have to deal with what results from that in the future.

1. No they're not fucking JAGs until proven otherwise. Is Henry Bainivalu a JAG because he redshirted? No. So how the fuck are Jones, Bynum, and Cook JAGs for not beating out the veteran WR's as true Freshman. That's not how it fucking works. In college football experience is everything. The coaches will play a lesser talented guy because he's more experienced and they can at least trust him to know his fucking assignment. Jones came early in the Spring and still didn't know the full playbook throughout the season. Cook and Bynum redshirted, not because they're JAGs but because they didn't come early in the Spring and didn't have enough time to even kind of learn the playbook and what is expected from them. It's a fucking process. We don't have some simple offense in which true Freshman are in a fair competition with the veteran guys because they equally understand their job on every play.

2. Not running some bullshit high school offense that allows us to play the more talented true Freshman WRs right away is why John Ross and Dante Pettis were drafted in the top two rounds. Oregon hasn't put WR's in the league because their offense has been too simple to develop them properly and get them prepared for the NFL. Getting WR's to the league and drafted high is what gets the WR talent to lineup hoping to have a spot with UW.

3. We don't need Joe Ngata to win a national championship period. A WR depth chart loaded with guys like Osborne, Jones, Spiker, and Davis is good enough from a talent perspective. Sure they have to prove it in the years to come but the talent is there. You are way to obsessed with Ngata. Yes, it's a loss but it's not fucking catastrophic. Most of these teams winning a national championship don't have a Julio Jones caliber WR on their roster. Name Alabama's top WR last season. You can't. The trenches are more important.

4. Yeah no shit. Our WR corps is not currently good enough to perform well against elite teams. Like I already said. We have to WAIT for the more talented WR's to DEVELOP. It's a process and it requires patience. Nobody is coming to UW and lighting it up at WR as a true Freshman. Get over it. The JAG WR's need to graduate. WR recruiting is on the level it needs to be.

5. It's not starting earlier and earlier. This is about as early as it's gonna get. The benefit of being a winning program is you can wait to evaluate which recruits are actually the elite ones and not the fake hype ones. What if we had taken Criddell's commitment super early and now we'd be stuck with a slow safety with no ball production. What if we offered and took Justus Legg when he was rated a 4* and realized he lazy and fat. At what fucking point do you clean the sand out of your vagina and stop worrying about what fucking Oregon is doing. UW is not going to just throw out offers to Freshman unless they're obviously elite. Get over it. Nobody is getting a leg up on us. These kids know they will get better offers than Oregon down the line and will wait for that to happen or will be easily flipped down the line.

6. No, we load up this year with 4 or 5 offensive lineman and take 3 next class. We take 4 or 5 D-lineman because in 2020 they're are next to no quality D-lineman available out West.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I like to point out that none of our freshman receivers have proven anything to justify melting down over losing a 17 year old.

Not HH’s best effort.

None of our current freshman WRs are as good as this 17 year old WR … that seems to be the consensus
    I agree with the consensus.

I also think we have a ton of talent at WR. Calling it unproven while lamenting whiffing on a high school kid just seems highly ironic.

I believe in Ngatas talent. I believe in Spiker and Osborne and Ty MFJ’s talent too.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Read what I said again … if our offense is too complicated to pick up that's a problem. As for Jones, he played and really didn't see the field ahead of the JAGs even with some of the injuries. So while I understand your point regarding the talent (and I agree with that), the reality is that they didn't beat out guys that they SHOULD be more talented than. IF they are as good as everybody thinks that they are then they should easily pass guys this year. And if a guy like Osborne plays a meaningful role this year then your "the playbook is too complicated" argument takes on water.

2) John Ross was drafted in the 1st round because he runs a sub 4.2 40 and can blow by basically everybody in the league. Pettis was drafted in the 2nd round because he's a technician that is also arguably one of the most talented punt returners to ever come out of college. I get the premise of your point but when faced with the opportunity to get an elite guy to come to UW or Clemson, that player chose Clemson.

3) Alabama's top WR was Calvin Ridley … so go fuck yourself. If you've paid any attention on how you beat a team like Alabama over the years you'll notice that it comes in the passing game because you're not going to dominate them in the trenches. In the passing game, it normally comes with a QB with pretty good arm talent and having some combination of receivers that causes matchup problems. Against Clemson it was Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett. The other team that has regularly caused Alabama problems recently would be Ole Miss and all the receiving talent that they've had whether it was Evan Engram, STRING, Laquan Treadwell, and Cody Core. In both cases, you had multiple players that could create significant matchup problems and win 1 on 1 battles. Perhaps UW already has enough on the roster. What I do know is that Ngata falls into that class of player and having him on the UW roster puts them in a BETTER position to be the type of team that can win at the ELITE level.

4) When I read comments like this, what I hear is "things are good enough and they are what they are" … this is the type of loser comment that embraces the status quo and never dares to be better.

5) If you think I give a shit about what Oregon is doing, then you're an even bigger idiot. It's about going after those elite players and in particular those in our backyard. This is a point that both DDY and Pepsi go off on regularly. I'm not as adamant about it as they are, but having a perspective of where we're prioritizing matters. It's great that we want to go after an elite WR in Houston. I'm all for it. Let's go put in the leg work and try to figure out what the interest level is. If it's real then great go pursue it. If it isn't, then understand when to cut your losses and move on. We're honestly not doing a good enough job right now in this regard.

6) I'm all for going after OL/DL in this class because they are needed given our depth chart. But to act like there isn't a need at WR is FS. When you look at the depth chart right now, there's a lot of question marks on it. The roster on the whole is in a transition area right now as we're leveling up taking better players and they will pass older players. But the problem that is going to come with that is that it's really going to impact our depth in this transition. So yes, trying to do our best to maintain balance in positions will be important.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gotta say Strong Arm is giving as good as he is getting here. I'm gonna have to rate this a draw and look forward to the rematch.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

How many different ways do I have to prove that you just don't get it @StrongArmCobra ??? I mean, it's really getting tiring exposing your stupidity. At least the average idiot makes me consider taking the gloves off … you're just a sparring partner that doesn't hit back.

1) So what I'm reading is that results don't matter and potential does. That sounds like some Quook level BS. Let's talk about coaching and development. Was there anything you saw last year ON THE FIELD that suggested that the existing WR coaching was actually doing a good job of developing players? Did anybody really break out? Did anybody really step up when it was next man up with the injuries? Instead, it was basically Dante + Bryant (before getting injured) + YUCK. Also, to be clear, I'm not advocating to recruit Sark/Slick levels of WRs. What I am suggesting is that you need to look at the WRs that you're recruiting and have a realistic assessment to them. Not everybody is going to pan out. That's true for most positions. So when you're in a position where you need some cream to rise to the top, the more competition that you can put in that room to push guys to get better the better the position group as a whole will be.

2) I'm not limited Taj Davis and his potential. I hope he's a baller. But I also know that Ngata will be a baller from Day 1 on campus. If I can get a guy that is an instant plug and play or a guy that needs to develop I'm taking the plug and play every single day of the week. Inherent in development is the risk that the player DOESN'T develop. Good development obviously goes a long way in ensuring that the risk factor goes down. But there's always risk. It's just how much risk do you have.

3) The fact that you even made your statement confirms your stupidity and shows that you don't understand team sports at all. It's all about what you ask people to do. If you put an elite player on your roster, you move your existing #1 option down to #2, #2 to #3, and so forth. Do you know else that means? That means that your prior #1 instead of being guarded by the opposition's #1 it's not guarded by their #2. Do you understand that trickle down effect? This is why having elite players matters. Not only do they have obvious skills that can't be taught and drawn attention, but they also create easier opportunities for their teammates.

4) Again, you're showing your ignorance. The reason I can say that a guy that has RS hasn't shown me anything is because I watched them not only last Fall heading into camp but also in the Spring. I see how guys are progressing and how they are able to play against our DBs. If I see a guy struggling to win reps against our depth, then I'm fairly confident in saying that they aren't ready to contribute at a meaningful level. This is what happens when a) you spend the time paying attention to what is going on and b) you actually have an idea of what you're looking at.

5) So UW isn't starting their 2020 recruiting yet. That's great. Do you know who is? A lot of our competition. We're allowing other schools to get head starts on us in recruiting because we're fucking asleep at the wheel. So let's get back to the whole concept of actions being greater than words. Your words tell me that there's nothing to worry about in 2020 recruiting. Actions in 2019 tell me that we just got blown out for an elite recruit and arguably have made questionable decisions on other recruits because we completely misread and misplayed our hand. Which of those paths makes more sense to believe? I'll go with the "there's reason for concern" path because that's what the OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE suggests.

1. You fucking idiot! The WR's on the fucking field last season were Pease recruits! Pounds, Baccellia, Fuller. etc. Those guys are from 3-4 classes ago and since then the WR recruiting has taken a massive step forward. As evidenced by Pittman and Delgado wanting to be a part of this class WR recruiting has not dropped off. Have we gotten a 5* stud like Ngata yet? No, but getting 4* guys is no fucking problem for this staff.

2. All I hear is you fucking crying about UW not getting Joe Ngata. Fucking get over it. And no, Ngata is not plug and play. Yes, he would play as a true Freshman at UW but he would need time to develop and learn our complicated offense like every other WR. It's not that fucking easy to come in and be a superstar when the playbook is way thicker than a high school playbook and you're going against the best secondary in the nation everyday in practice.

3. Sure, Ngata would help take pressure off of the other WR's that are on the field. Doesn't mean Austin Osborne or Marquis Spiker or Taj Davis won't be that #1 guy. Ngata is not on some completely different level than the guys we've brought in. Sure he's a 5* talent. As I said last year, Osborne is a 5* talent as well. Spiker was very close to being rated a 5* and broke the California state record for TD receptions. These guys are not slop compared to Ngata. They have talent as well.

4. You're not at all Fall practices and Spring practices. Most are closed to fans and some are even closed to the media. You don't know dick about who the fuck is ready to play or not. All of our young WR's like Bynum, Cook, etc. would look a lot better against most other secondaries in the nation. The point is, we hiave brought in the caliber of WR talent we want the past two classes. If we don't have scholarships available for more than one or two WR's this class too fucking bad. That's recruiting. You have to develop the guys to already recruited. Nobody is winning shit over recruiting the WR position.

5. We are not behind on 2020 recruits. We've offered guys. Most of them will not focus on recruiting until after their Junior season. It's the same shit every year dumbass you should be used to it by now.

6. We didn't misread shit you idiot! We realized "holy fucking shit, all these top 2019 offensive and defensive lineman are really feeling us so we need to have scholarships available for them later in the cycle. We'll pass on Delgado and pass on Pittman and go all in on Ngata because we feel good about the WRs we brought in the past two classes and don't lose any after this season. If we don't get Ngata we'll likely be done at WR unless another elite WR wants in down the road because we need to save scholarships for these LINEMAN." DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND. Say it with me WE WANT TO LOAD UP ON ELITE LINEMAN.

1. Except this year. Also, Davis is a 3* (just sayin’)
    2. huh?
    3. is he plug and play or NOT?!?!
    4. Are the practices fun? Do they sell soft drinks? Beer? Can you interact with the players???
    5. Agreed. Recruits should take all the visits and time they need before committing.
    6. Hats on the Table! Hats on the Table. Lemme here ya, Ballz say “Hats on the Table! Hats on the Table!”
    1. Davis is a 4* star talent and that will show up in the updated rankings. We also passed on 4* guys in Delgado and Pittman. WR recruiting has not dropped off from last year.

2. "Plug and play" suggests a true Freshman who would be an immediate starter and a productive player. At UW, Ngata would be a true Freshman rotational guy as he learns the play book similar to Ty Jones last season.
    3. Answered above.
    4. Huh?
    5. Ok
    6. If you don't think we can close the lineman we're recruiting that's your prerogative. I'm just telling you people what the obvious plan is for this recruiting class and it's exactly the plan we need.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone post this thread on tigernet yet?
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ballz and teq go together like aids and rhis thread
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Dear Fucking Allah you are fucking stupid

1) Yes, JAGs played last year. I get that. Do you not understand that if we were playing JAGs and the "talented" players that we recruited couldn't pass said JAGs on the depth chart that they are therefore JAGs themselves until they PROVE that they are NOT JAGs? Is it really that fucking hard to understand? I feel like @Dennis_DeYoung right now wanting to get in my car and crash it into a brick wall at how difficult it is for you to apply real basic logic to ANYTHING.

2) Let's hypothetically say I take everything you say at face value, if that's the case, then I'll bitch at the fact that our playbook is so complicated that we can't get freshman on the field. Is that true for all other programs? Don't think so. I'd go as far as saying what you are arguing is an even bigger problem than missing on Ngata.

3) I'm optimistic that guys like Jones, Osborne, and Spiker will be Top 3 round picks at WR when they go to the NFL. The difference is that Ngata has the chance to be a Top 5 guy. He's a Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, etc. type of WR. Those guys don't grow on trees. None of the guys we have are like that. Did you not pay attention to how Clemson beat Alabama to win the National Title? A good chunk of that is having receivers that won 50/50 balls. The more you can throw talent on the field the more likely you can find a mismatch. If you find the mismatch then you have a chance to be successful. Go back to when we played Alabama, we couldn't create mismatches. John Ross couldn't just go run by Alabama's DBs. That shit didn't work because guess what, they have fast guys as well, are well coached, etc.

4) You're right, I'm not at every practice. But I attend a good number of the ones that are open. By that regard, I'm as well versed in what I'm seeing as anybody else not tied into the program (and by the way, most that are tied into the program aren't going to give you the truth about what they are seeing anyway because it's going to be scrubbed with what Pete wants communicated). It's not about whether our young WRs look better against OTHER secondaries because that's not the point. The point is that we have an elite DB core. If we're competing at the national level, we're competing against comparable DB groups. So if you're struggling against our DBs, there's a good chance that you're going to be struggling against other elite DB groups. My comments aren't about whether or not we're competitive enough to beat Oregon State. It's are we beating USC. Are we beating Stanford. Are we beating an elite SEC school like Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, etc.. It's beating Clemson. It's beating Ohio State. Is it THAT hard to understand that?

5) Recruiting for elite players is starting earlier and earlier. QB recruiting at the elite levels usually ends with verbals during the summer of their junior seasons. Top players are getting recruited hard as freshman. We can be oblivious to that fact or update our approach to be consistent with reality. The longer we wait to recruit kids the more we're giving our competition the opportunity to get a leg up.

6) I'm all for recruiting linemen ... that's great. We'll load up this year and then basically pass next year? That doesn't necessarily work out that well in the long-term because you have unbalanced positional groupings. I'm all for getting the best class that we can get. If you don't understand the concept of trying to ensure that you're getting good class balance then you don't get roster construction at all. No doubt you have to be a bit flexible as strengths/weaknesses and available opportunities change each year. But recruiting an unbalanced number in any position just kicks the can down the road a bit and you will have to deal with what results from that in the future.

1. No they're not fucking JAGs until proven otherwise. Is Henry Bainivalu a JAG because he redshirted? No. So how the fuck are Jones, Bynum, and Cook JAGs for not beating out the veteran WR's as true Freshman. That's not how it fucking works. In college football experience is everything. The coaches will play a lesser talented guy because he's more experienced and they can at least trust him to know his fucking assignment. Jones came early in the Spring and still didn't know the full playbook throughout the season. Cook and Bynum redshirted, not because they're JAGs but because they didn't come early in the Spring and didn't have enough time to even kind of learn the playbook and what is expected from them. It's a fucking process. We don't have some simple offense in which true Freshman are in a fair competition with the veteran guys because they equally understand their job on every play.

2. Not running some bullshit high school offense that allows us to play the more talented true Freshman WRs right away is why John Ross and Dante Pettis were drafted in the top two rounds. Oregon hasn't put WR's in the league because their offense has been too simple to develop them properly and get them prepared for the NFL. Getting WR's to the league and drafted high is what gets the WR talent to lineup hoping to have a spot with UW.

3. We don't need Joe Ngata to win a national championship period. A WR depth chart loaded with guys like Osborne, Jones, Spiker, and Davis is good enough from a talent perspective. Sure they have to prove it in the years to come but the talent is there. You are way to obsessed with Ngata. Yes, it's a loss but it's not fucking catastrophic. Most of these teams winning a national championship don't have a Julio Jones caliber WR on their roster. Name Alabama's top WR last season. You can't. The trenches are more important.

4. Yeah no shit. Our WR corps is not currently good enough to perform well against elite teams. Like I already said. We have to WAIT for the more talented WR's to DEVELOP. It's a process and it requires patience. Nobody is coming to UW and lighting it up at WR as a true Freshman. Get over it. The JAG WR's need to graduate. WR recruiting is on the level it needs to be.

5. It's not starting earlier and earlier. This is about as early as it's gonna get. The benefit of being a winning program is you can wait to evaluate which recruits are actually the elite ones and not the fake hype ones. What if we had taken Criddell's commitment super early and now we'd be stuck with a slow safety with no ball production. What if we offered and took Justus Legg when he was rated a 4* and realized he lazy and fat. At what fucking point do you clean the sand out of your vagina and stop worrying about what fucking Oregon is doing. UW is not going to just throw out offers to Freshman unless they're obviously elite. Get over it. Nobody is getting a leg up on us. These kids know they will get better offers than Oregon down the line and will wait for that to happen or will be easily flipped down the line.

6. No, we load up this year with 4 or 5 offensive lineman and take 3 next class. We take 4 or 5 D-lineman because in 2020 they're are next to no quality D-lineman available out West.
    1) Jack “Cobra” Browning. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2) Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Hatchie. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3) Lake!!!. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our 2017 and 2018 defense now that Lake has taken over - every thing's been great since then. you will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4) Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! Saladin Ahmed, Charlie McClutchins, Andrea Bocelli, Byron Murphy, Jordan Miller, Louis Rankin. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5) time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

6) Fuck you.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    whuggy said:

Gotta say Strong Arm is giving as good as he is getting here. I'm gonna have to rate this a draw and look forward to the rematch.

If I hadn't already killed myself when Ngata announced this would do the job.
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

He'll commit soon

Lol dont worry

bump

If we can't trust @backthepack or @SpiritHorse, who can we trust?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Embarrassing. He gone. Deal with it.
  • Options

Ehhh losing Ngata is a big deal. “Moving on” is some dumb doog shit. We just missed out on our best WR prospect in a decade. You fucking shitting me balls?

1. You can't lose what you never had. ;)
    2. We've been through this before. No one player makes or breaks a class or the future of this program. Not Fozzy, not Marlon, and not Joe Ngata.
    3. Yes, it fucking sucks and I'm just as pissed as anybody about whiffing on Ngata but when you're recruiting at a high level (which we are) the silver lining is that scholarship will likely go to a line of scrimmage player who will be a beast for us. This won't be a scenario in which that scholarship goes to some JAG plan D guy closer to Signing Day. Those days are over. So keep your chin up people. Fall camp is almost here. We have a good team. If we don't come out like a bunch of shrivel dicks, we have a chance to beat Auburn because I believe Bush will dial up an efficient offense. We are going to ride another wave of Poly momentum to finish this class with a bang just like last class.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Ehhh losing Ngata is a big deal. “Moving on” is some dumb doog shit. We just missed out on our best WR prospect in a decade. You fucking shitting me balls?

1. You can't lose what you never had. ;)
    2. We've been through this before. No one player makes or breaks a class or the future of this program. Not Fozzy, not Marlon, and not Joe Ngata.
    3. Yes, it fucking sucks and I'm just as pissed as anybody about whiffing on Ngata.