Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Roof said this re: Ngata

“Where Ngata is concerned? It’s a toss-up. If he doesn’t choose Clemson, but wants to stay out West, he might just pick USC”

Cashiers check is in the mail

Lubick's Fine lol

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

“Where Ngata is concerned? It’s a toss-up. If he doesn’t choose Clemson, but wants to stay out West, he might just pick USC”

Lubick's Fine lol
    So there's a problem with Lubick's recruiting because the best receiver prospect in the nation hasn't committed to UW as of early June and Roof made that speculative statement?

I don't know man. He may suck. Seems a bit reactionary over nothing to me though. The only real evidence we have to judge his recruiting at this point is the signing class from 2018. Small sample size but at least it's a sample.

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol
    So there's a problem with Lubick's recruiting because the best receiver prospect in the nation hasn't committed to UW as of early June and Roof made that speculative statement?

I don't know man. He may suck. Seems a bit reactionary over nothing to me though. The only real evidence we have to judge his recruiting at this point is the signing class from 2018. Small sample size but at least it's a sample.

I give credit to Lubick for landing Trey Lowe and possibly having a hand in Colson Yankoff. Austin Osborne and Marquis Spiker love Bush and were heavy leans to us because of the ground work he put down for those two.

This year is a completely different story, Joseph Ngata had a real early offer from us. His brother plays for us, and Brandon Kaho a childhood friend with seemingly all three brothers from Reno, NV is signed with us. But Joe Ngata seems to be looking at Clemson for whatever reason. Did I say Lubick sucked? I don't know if we can put Lubick in the FU$K category after one year where two of the three guys he got were heavy leans before he even got hired and listen to their interviews. Both Austin and Marquis LOVE Pete.

Also another reason why Im hesitant with Lubick's approach this year is the recruitment of Josh Delgado. While Im not delgado's biggest fan, Lubick needs to make a decision. Either stop slow playing him and take his commitment or be sure you have a legitimate shot with Pittman, the texas kids he's offering or get Nacua in for after his missions trip. Delgado going to oregon now which makes @Dennis_DeYoung happy!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DIdn't Lubick also have an influence over Culp as well? Last year he did well and personally i don't even like the Trey Lowe signing (midget wr's are worthless to me against the real teams).

So far l like Taj Davis, if he were to get Pittman as well that a is a good haul. Disappointing when you have a decent shot at a talent like Ngata though. Need a bigger sample size.

Fair point about Delgado but that may not be his decision either so who knows
  • Options

DIdn't Lubick also have an influence over Culp as well? Last year he did well and personally i don't even like the Trey Lowe signing (midget wr's are worthless to me against the real teams).

So far l like Taj Davis, if he were to get Pittman as well that a is a good haul. Disappointing when you have a decent shot at a talent like Ngata though. Need a bigger sample size.

Fair point about Delgado but that may not be his decision either so who knows

I know both Yankoff and Culp were committed to whoregon before. But i read somewhere that Coach Yost the guy with the crazy hair was both lead recruiter for both of them. Who knows how big of an influence Lubick played in getting Culp but I just think its premature to categorize him in the Fu$K cateogry that is so far reserved only for Lake right now. Bush is making his way up there but I would like to see it on a consistent year by year basis like Lake.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

I give credit to Lubick for landing Trey Lowe and possibly having a hand in Colson Yankoff. Austin Osborne and Marquis Spiker love Bush and were heavy leans to us because of the ground work he put down for those two.

This year is a completely different story, Joseph Ngata had a real early offer from us. His brother plays for us, and Brandon Kaho a childhood friend with seemingly all three brothers from Reno, NV is signed with us. But Joe Ngata seems to be looking at Clemson for whatever reason. Did I say Lubick sucked? I don't know if we can put Lubick in the FU$K category after one year where two of the three guys he got were heavy leans before he even got hired and listen to their interviews. Both Austin and Marquis LOVE Pete.

Also another reason why Im hesitant with Lubick's approach this year is the recruitment of Josh Delgado. While Im not delgado's biggest fan, Lubick needs to make a decision. Either stop slow playing him and take his commitment or be sure you have a legitimate shot with Pittman, the texas kids he's offering or get Nacua in for after his missions trip. Delgado going to oregon now which makes @Dennis_DeYoung happy!
    Sorry but this all seems dumb to me. Ngata is going through the process and enjoying it and could already be a sealed deal for UW for all we know. You're implying that his interest in last year's runner up and the 2016 champ must be a failure on Lubick's part. It's all assumption and supposition is all I'm saying.

Same goes for your statements in Delgado and the strategy in general. Nobody here knows wtf is going on or what sort of exchanges occur between coaches and recruits.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Lubick got us Yankoff, Lowe and Culp last year. No one's claiming he had shit to do with Spiker or Osbourne. But he was the point man on three critical kids, only one of which we were likely to land without him (Culp and then only maybe).

He fucks until he doesn't.
    He needs to get the WR's playing well before he's anything but meh. They sucked last year.
    I'm just talking from a recruiting perspective. Agree he didn't have anything close to Bush's impact on the field.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Sorry but this all seems dumb to me. Ngata is going through the process and enjoying it and could already be a sealed deal for UW for all we know. You're implying that his interest in last year's runner up and the 2016 champ must be a failure on Lubick's part. It's all assumption and supposition is all I'm saying.

Same goes for your statements in Delgado and the strategy in general. Nobody here knows wtf is going on or what sort of exchanges occur between coaches and recruits.
    I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Ngata, Ford, and Delgado seemed to be the primary targets for us at WR. I don't know if we're taking 2 or 3 WR's this year but those were are plan A choices starting off. Obviously no school gets 100% of their number one choices except Bama/Georgia. So I get it we didn't get our number one choices. We move on to kids in Texas (Lane, Lewis), and Utah (Nacua) who is probably a mission kid.

I just can't put him in the FU$K category like Lake. Even with built-in advantages he can't keep Ngata's attention. Ford hasn't even looked our way. Nacua is probably going to USC. If he can land Ngata I'll eat crow but looking at the way WR recruiting is going with us offering kids in TX we have little to no chance at doesn't seem like a good way to use resources but the coaches know better.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Lubick got us Yankoff, Lowe and Culp last year. No one's claiming he had shit to do with Spiker or Osbourne. But he was the point man on three critical kids, only one of which we were likely to land without him (Culp and then only maybe).

He needs to get the WR's playing well before he's anything but meh. They sucked last year.
    I'm just talking from a recruiting perspective. Agree he didn't have anything close to Bush's impact on the field.
    Did you see our? WR talent last year. Only decent horse we had was Dante. You can’t win the derby on the back of donkey
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

I guess this is where we agree to disagree. Ngata, Ford, and Delgado seemed to be the primary targets for us at WR. I don't know if we're taking 2 or 3 WR's this year but those were are plan A choices starting off. Obviously no school gets 100% of their number one choices except Bama/Georgia. So I get it we didn't get our number one choices. We move on to kids in Texas (Lane, Lewis), and Utah (Nacua) who is probably a mission kid.

I just can't put him in the FU$K category like Lake. Even with built-in advantages he can't keep Ngata's attention. Ford hasn't even looked our way. Nacua is probably going to USC. If he can land Ngata I'll eat crow but looking at the way WR recruiting is going with us offering kids in TX we have little to no chance at doesn't seem like a good way to use resources but the coaches know better.

Who is trying to put him in the same category as Lake?

Strawmen are easy to topple.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

More if the same. He can't keep Ngata's attention. Nacua is probably going to USC. Delgado was a primary target (slow played perhaps because they realized there were better prospects to be had) These things don't mean anything because nobody has any idea if there is any truth to them at all. You're wringing your hands over nothing, but I guess that's what tbsing is all about for some.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2018

dnc said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Also another reason why Im hesitant witLubick's approach this year is the recruitment of Josh Delgado. While Im not delgado's biggest fan, Lubick needs to make a decision. Either stop slow playing him and take his commitment or be sure you have a legitimate shot with Pittman, the texas kids he's offering or get Nacua in for after his missions trip. Delgado going to oregon now which makes @Dennis_DeYoung happy!

Did you see our? WR talent last year. Only decent horse we had was Dante. You can’t win the derby on the back of donkey
    Excuses are for losers. Our WR corps absolutely sucked last year. The talent was sub par, but the output was worse. With Bush, I believe that same group would have been much better. We got absolutely nothing out of Ty Jones. Baccelia and Fuller did not improve. Even Dante didn't look as good on his routes. The bowl game, which Lubick took over playcalling on was one of the most poorly called games of the year, and that's with Babushka as the OC for the rest of the season.

As a recruiter, I'm not worried about Lubick, although people on here were way to quick to crown his ass. As a coach, I haven't liked what I've seen so far. Duck fans were not sad to see him go.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Just a question to ponder Democratic National Committee (this is what I think every time I see you poast)...

Is there a world that exists where Jimmy Lake gets fired or that we are better off without him?

• Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    JECAR said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Lubick's Fine lol

Just a question to ponder Democratic National Committee (this is what I think every time I see you poast)...

Is there a world that exists where Jimmy Lake gets fired or that we are better off without him?

Nick Saban needs a new challenge on his life and wants to be the DB coach. I would fire Lake for him, maybe?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I liked Lubick playcalling in the bowl game. Stuck with the run even when we went down big. And it paid off. He also got Browning out of the game on most important 3rd downs and ran the wild gaskin, to huge success. He put up 28 against a very good D and with an awful noodle armed pants shitter at QB.