Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Darien Chase, 2019 4* CB, Vancouver (Union), WA (Offered 4/30)

Comments

• rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

It would be huge if a kid from Union/Camas got a UW offer. First time I think.

haie said:

Excuse me good sir, but Chase was a Mountain View student who transferred to Union (as is the fad to do in the couve)

Speaking of Mountain View.. QB Ben Huebschman?? The 4A POY for WA in about 03 maybe 04 I'm not sure. Was a Huskies QB who did nothing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

Excuse me good sir, but Chase was a Mountain View student who transferred to Union (as is the fad to do in the couve)

Speaking of Mountain View.. QB Ben Huebschman?? The 4A POY for WA in about 03 maybe 04 I'm not sure. Was a Huskies QB who did nothing.
    He wasn’t on scholarship
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Plus I’m talking specifically about Union/Camas territory. Not Mt View/Evergreen.
    Ok well like I said Chase is from Mt. View territory and his parents decided to splurge and spend the extra 300$ a month in apartment rent to move 4 blocks east.

As far as Huebschman, all I remember was he was the tits when I was a kid and playing two hand touch on the track during games. Then he had multiple plaques in the school when I was student so I assumed he was a scholly level guy.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    dnc said:

Visited yesterday

Also Wiltfong CB'd him to UW. I really like him, I would take him as an athlete and test him at WR & CB.
    We still need to offer
    haie said:

Plus I’m talking specifically about Union/Camas territory. Not Mt View/Evergreen.

What state are those places in?
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He will be a cuog
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Visited yesterday

Also Wiltfong CB'd him to UW. I really like him, I would take him as an athlete and test him at WR & CB.
    We still need to offer
    haie said:

What state are those places in?
    Oregon
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok well like I said Chase is from Mt. View territory and his parents decided to splurge and spend the extra 300$ a month in apartment rent to move 4 blocks east.

As far as Huebschman, all I remember was he was the tits when I was a kid and playing two hand touch on the track during games. Then he had multiple plaques in the school when I was student so I assumed he was a scholly level guy.

Brand new high schools compared to fucking Mountain View? I would too
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    4 CB's to Oregon, and he's going to their Spring game this weekend, seems like he might commit. I'd be dissapointed, I really like Chase
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

4 CB's to Oregon, and he's going to their Spring game this weekend, seems like he might commit. I'd be dissapointed, I really like Chase

Time to offer if we’re going to
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    haie said:

dnc said:

People from Vancouver typical fag out and love Oregon so this is happening no matter what.
    Grandparents lived in Vancouver so I was there a lot growing up. Can confirm the above.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Cowlitz county is know for producing elite talent
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

dnc said:

People from Vancouver typical fag out and love Oregon so this is happening no matter what.
    Grandparents lived in Vancouver so I was there a lot growing up. Can confirm the above.
    Vancouver has no allegiance. they follow whichever program is winning. That's being said those kids grew up associating Oregon with good football teams. Pete just needs more time.
    pat_hm said:

Cowlitz county is know for producing elite talent

Clark County bitch.

And ya Vancouver is a mixed bag for fandom, but anyone who thinks the Ducks rule here is tripping. This is Cuog territory.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    AIRWOLF said:
    Lake and Lubick... So maybe he is being recruited both at WR and DB, or Lubick is being used as an area recruiter. I would venture to say it is probably the latter, where he is doing the PNW for skill players, based on Lowe Yankoff and Culp last year. Maybe that's why we haven't offered as many guys in state yet.
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does this mean that Criddell is going to Oregon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2018
    This offer is a little overdue. He prefers to play WR, but the the coaching staff was initially (I don't know about now) leaning CB. I like this because I'm concerned about where Criddell stands. Thomas Graham is constantly pressuring him to go to Oregon.

The offer is a win-win. If Criddell goes to Oregon, then Chase provides great insurance, and if Chase picks Oregon, then it just takes up another spot in Oregon's secondary. Both are good prospects, but I would rather have Criddell.

I like our chances with Chase. He has a white mom.