Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2016 UW vs 2000 UW

124»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tui beats Brownshorts rather easily

Tui better clutch QB (at least, 2 years into Browning's career) but there are some things that Browning does better. 2000 team was lucky to go 11-1. The 2016 team would have gone undefeated that year with few close games and completely destroyed Purdue in the Rose Bowl. Pete > Rick and not even close.
    Browning is irreparably damaged by getting curb stomped by Miami in 2000. 2000 played a better schedule in a better Pac without Utah and Colorado who Tui beat as a non conference foe
    I don't buy that. The team that showed up Friday night on ESPN to curb stomp the Trees could probably have beat that 2000 Miami squad at home.

Allow me to axe you this: Let's say the 2000 team never plays Miami at home early in the year, but instead gets them in a big time bowl in the deep south - what do you think the score would have looked like? In other words would it be closer to us losing 24- 7 or 17- 7 or more like 65- 7?
    You mean the same Stanford squad that the Cougs boat raced in Palo Alto the week after???

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2016 team
    WSU beat the still warm corpse of Stanford that night.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2000 team
    This thread is a black eye for Hardcore Husky.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2016 team
    Tequilla said:

Tui beats Brownshorts rather easily

Tui better clutch QB (at least, 2 years into Browning's career) but there are some things that Browning does better. 2000 team was lucky to go 11-1. The 2016 team would have gone undefeated that year with few close games and completely destroyed Purdue in the Rose Bowl. Pete > Rick and not even close.
    Browning is irreparably damaged by getting curb stomped by Miami in 2000. 2000 played a better schedule in a better Pac without Utah and Colorado who Tui beat as a non conference foe
    I don't buy that. The team that showed up Friday night on ESPN to curb stomp the Trees could probably have beat that 2000 Miami squad at home.

Allow me to axe you this: Let's say the 2000 team never plays Miami at home early in the year, but instead gets them in a big time bowl in the deep south - what do you think the score would have looked like? In other words would it be closer to us losing 24- 7 or 17- 7 or more like 65- 7?
    Probably something like 34-17 Miami
    Yeah but would they win rather easily?
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2016 team
    IBIBIWTBI

2017 would lose to 2000 tho
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I prefer comparisons between 2008 uw and wsu
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2000 team
    The 2000 team wins a close game over a 2016 with Smith as the OC, just like the 2000 team beat OSU in 2000 with Smith as the QB.