Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2016 UW vs 2000 UW

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2017
    2016 team

Tui beats Brownshorts rather easily

Tui better clutch QB (at least, 2 years into Browning's career) but there are some things that Browning does better. 2000 team was lucky to go 11-1. The 2016 team would have gone undefeated that year with few close games and completely destroyed Purdue in the Rose Bowl. Pete > Rick and not even close.
    Browning is irreparably damaged by getting curb stomped by Miami in 2000. 2000 played a better schedule in a better Pac without Utah and Colorado who Tui beat as a non conference foe
    I don't buy that. The team that showed up Friday night on ESPN to curb stomp the Trees could probably have beat that 2000 Miami squad at home.

Allow me to axe you this: Let's say the 2000 team never plays Miami at home early in the year, but instead gets them in a big time bowl in the deep south - what do you think the score would have looked like? In other words would it be closer to us losing 24- 7 or 17- 7 or more like 65- 7?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    2016 team

Gladstone said:

The 2000 Notre Dame team sucked.

piling on, but fuck notre dame, they aint been shit since Lou Holtz suffered his first stroke in '93.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thump said:

BearsWiin said:

Miami

Fuuuuuuuck. This just made me wonder if Wiin is an alt for Creepy. That would suck, because Wiin posts some good shit.
    Somebody had to say it, and you new it was cumming
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    2000 team
    One team beat #2 and #4. Lost to #7.

One team lost to #2 and #3 and beat some teams ranked over 10.

But 2016 is better cause John Ross is fast and Brownsocks threw a bunch of TDs against hot garbage defenses ZOMG
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2016 team
    dnc said:

2016 would put the 2000 team away before they showed up after halftime. 2016 was better at probably 9 positions on defense and most of the skill positions. OL was about even. 2000 was better at QB, TE and not having Psalm. That's about it.

2016 rather easily.

This. The 2000 team did beat Miami though. They weren't that great though. The 2016 team was a lot more consistent and had better talent.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2016 team
    whlinder said:

One team beat #2 and #4. Lost to #7.

One team lost to #2 and #3 and beat some teams ranked over 10.

But 2016 is better cause John Ross is fast and Brownsocks threw a bunch of TDs against hot garbage defenses ZOMG

Only doogs make it all about the offense.

2016 defense >>>>>>>> 2000 defense. That's why they'd win.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    2016 team
    Again, it would not be close.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    2000 team

dnc said:

2016 would put the 2000 team away before they showed up after halftime. 2016 was better at probably 9 positions on defense and most of the skill positions. OL was about even. 2000 was better at QB, TE and not having Psalm. That's about it.

2016 rather easily.

This. The 2000 team did beat Miami though. They weren't that great though. The 2016 team was a lot more consistent and had better talent.
    It's easy to be consistent when you play dogshit every week.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2016 team

Tui better clutch QB (at least, 2 years into Browning's career) but there are some things that Browning does better. 2000 team was lucky to go 11-1. The 2016 team would have gone undefeated that year with few close games and completely destroyed Purdue in the Rose Bowl. Pete > Rick and not even close.
    Browning is irreparably damaged by getting curb stomped by Miami in 2000. 2000 played a better schedule in a better Pac without Utah and Colorado who Tui beat as a non conference foe
    I don't buy that. The team that showed up Friday night on ESPN to curb stomp the Trees could probably have beat that 2000 Miami squad at home.

Allow me to axe you this: Let's say the 2000 team never plays Miami at home early in the year, but instead gets them in a big time bowl in the deep south - what do you think the score would have looked like? In other words would it be closer to us losing 24- 7 or 17- 7 or more like 65- 7?
    Great point. In a bowl game Miami would have named the score on the 2000 team in a rematch or if they were meeting for the first time that year.

2016 Defense doesn't allow that to happen even if offense is anemic just like we were against Bama.

Tui was a warrior, but the 2000 team isn't hanging with last year dawgs
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc saying the OL is even is LOL funny

You're right. 2016 OL > 2000.
    The 2000 Dawgs weren't great from top to bottom. But they had a great, and senior-laden, OL. Much better up front than 2016. Not close.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Let me put it this way: Trade OLs, and UW wins the Peach Bowl.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    In men's basketball both teams would find a way to lose to each other...
    2016 team
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc saying the OL is even is LOL funny

You're right. 2016 OL > 2000.
    The 2000 Dawgs weren't great from top to bottom. But they had a great, and senior-laden, OL. Much better up front than 2016. Not close.
    I was just fucking with J when I said 2016 is greater, but I do think they're basically even. 2000 is remembered very fondly but I think it was a good line that is overrated based on two things: the option made it look better than it was, and the ensuing dreck OL's made it look better than it was.

2000 was a very good OL, not a great one. Just like 2016.
    2016 team
    One huge reason 2016 wins this gayme rather easily.

Turnover margin vs Pac12 opponents (since 2000 clearly paid a tougher non con): 2016 + 13, 2000 (-3).

2016 takes the ball away at least two more times against 2000. Ballgame.
  • PrideoftheNWPrideoftheNW Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    2016 team
    TTJ said:

Agreed. 2000 was better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. 2016 was basically better everywhere else though.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    2016 team

Probably something like 34-17 Miami
    2016 team
    TTJ said:

The 2000 OL was nowhere near beat BAMA good.