Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Austin Osbourne TBS ranks overview

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Self flagged for TBS sites. I'm bored so fuck it. He's the rare UW recruit who has the same star ranking across all four sites (4*). Obviously it's awfully cold for Feb 2018 (global warming just needs more tim!) so all of these will probably move quite a bit before he signs. Listed by how I value the opinions of the various sites:

Scout: WR 18, overall 105
Rivals: WR 39, overall 198
247: WR 28, overall 168
ESPN: WR 34, overall 205

Average: WR 29.75, overall 169

My guess is his skin handicap has caused him to slip down these ranks a bit in a loaded WR class.

He's damn good. Reminds me of Paul Skansi.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Maybe I am being a complete doog, but he is the most polished route runner I have seen. I thought Alex Cook was really polished.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Maybe I am being a complete doog, but he is the most polished route runner I have seen.

Abundance!

He has everything. Short speed, long speed, insane foot speed, route running, hands, quickness in and out of breaks. To me he is an easy top 100 player in the Country.

There's only so much you can learn from a highlight tape, but he seems to know how to set up defenders, manage the sidelines well, and even be willing to throw a block. Him and Ty Jones are going to be give Dante and Ross a run for my favorite pair of receivers.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

He has everything. Short speed, long speed, insane foot speed, route running, hands, quickness in and out of breaks. To me he is an easy top 100 player in the Country.

There's only so much you can learn from a highlight tape, but he seems to know how to set up defenders, manage the sidelines well, and even be willing to throw a block. Him and Ty Jones are going to be give Dante and Ross a run for my favorite pair of receivers.
    Yeah, he is going to be great, but I really only have one "worry" after his tape, and I'm not sure if you can even consider it that. Mission Viejo runs the ball a lot, so a lot of his open looks down the field are influenced by it. He sets up the DB so well though, I really don't think it will matter.

dnc said:

Yeah, he is going to be great, but I really only have one "worry" after his tape, and I'm not sure if you can even consider it that. Mission Viejo runs the ball a lot, so a lot of his open looks down the field are influenced by it. He sets up the DB so well though, I really don't think it will matter.
    At least that explains his low volume of catches. He only had 40 or 36 last year (depending on who's stats you use). That was the only minor thing I found a bit concerning. If they are in fact run first that makes sense.

I remember when I used to hate when we recruited WR's. My terrorist is a fucking legend.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lives in the film room. A real student of the game.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Reminds me of Cody Bruns
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

dnc said:

Scouting has nothing to do with that shit. All I see is hips.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The funny thing is, in December, Dennis and I looked at the top 10 WR's on the West Coast and we agreed (independently) that the best two were Osborne and Spiker... We might get both. It's fucking insane.

Just when I thought you couldn't love TBS anymore.
    You honestly don't know the half of it.

dnc said:

That's why I said I didn't even think it was really a problem. The DBs were biting hard on the run which probably made it a bit easier on him is all I was saying.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017

dnc said:

That's why I said I didn't even think it was really a problem. The DBs were biting hard on the run which probably made it a bit easier on him is all I was saying.
    I had a similar thought. It was hard watching the coverage bite so hard and let a guy run free downfield. "Let's stand flat footed as a big, fast WR runs right past me." It couldn't be missed.

He looks really good though. Good size, good speed, good hands. He can play.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

DDY loves this guy and he's the only person besides Swaye that hates white people more than me.

Excuse me? Think you forgot somebody.

dnc said:

I had a similar thought. It was hard watching the coverage bite so hard and let a guy run free downfield. "Let's stand flat footed as a big, fast WR runs right past me." It couldn't be missed.

He looks really good though. Good size, good speed, good hands. He can play.
    Yeah you can still see the traits he possesses. He is extremely fluid for a 6'3" Junior and he tracks the ball very well. Great hips too. Gets out of his break a bit slow on occasion, but that's something that's easily fixable.