Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Final Results - All time top 10 rock recording artists poll

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Jesus - who counted the votes? The King County Board of Elections?

Tool?!? For fuck sakes, I don't care if you're the biggest hater in the world but no fucking way Tool deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as The Police, Queen, U2, or, hell, even the fucking Eagles.

So you want a list of the best music for 100 year olds?

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tool?!? For fuck sakes, I don't care if you're the biggest hater in the world but no fucking way Tool deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as The Police, Queen, U2, or, hell, even the fucking Eagles.

So you want a list of the best music for 100 year olds?

Axe @RaceBannon
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I left the Eagles off my list but they are all over my play list. Saw them at @Swaye northern plains home at the Muckleshoot early this century. Still a great show
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,795
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I left the Eagles off my list but they are all over my play list. Saw them at @Swaye northern plains home at the Muckleshoot early this century. Still a great show

You seem like the sort of old timey Dawg fan that would like the peaceful, easy, feeling of the eagles and a fresh bowl.
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Black sabbath crushes everyone on that list. I regret never opening that thread now.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    If AC/DC came in behind Nirvana, I was going to set fire to the whole fucking place.

Tool really doesn't belong tied with the bad boys, either. Picking scabs again can't really compare to movin' down the motorway with a whole lotta booze. Not a huge complaint, though, as Tool does rock and I like them.

Definitely a stronger than expected showing by Metallica. Fine with me.

This pole wasn't entirely gay. Props to YellowSnow for tabulating the results.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017

I can assure you all of the integrity of the vote counting. Queen and U2 just missed the 4 vote cut-off for honorable mention.
    U2? Fuck off with that faggy Bono and shitty music.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I can assure you all of the integrity of the vote counting. Queen and U2 just missed the 4 vote cut-off for honorable mention.
    I didn't pick them, rather, just referring to their getting some votes. Personally I think U2 is one of the most overrated bands ever despite my owning a few of their albums. I was kind of surprised with the utter lack of Pearl Jam support. I thought some early 90s Doogs would be pulling for them.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

I didn't pick them, rather, just referring to their getting some votes. Personally I think U2 is one of the most overrated bands ever despite my owning a few of their albums. I was kind of surprised with the utter lack of Pearl Jam support. I thought some early 90s Doogs would be pulling for them.
    I thought about Pearl jam but not enough good music. They have a ton of albums and I don't care about most of them. Ten is solid tho.

I just think U2 is awful. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil than listen to U2 or Hootie.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    As stated previously, most of you have shit taste in music.

Metallica @ #2 is proof.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    edited January 2017

Metallica @ #2 is proof.

So, the whole poll thread title was deceptive because really it was 'here's my ten favorite bands'.

Even as a noted Beatles hater, I'm intellectually honest enough to know their importance to musical history and their status as one of the top 10 bands of all time.

Tool. Christ.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

I like the Eagles but they weren't the same after Frey decided to fire Fingers.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited January 2017
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I thought about Pearl jam but not enough good music. They have a ton of albums and I don't care about most of them. Ten is solid tho.

I just think U2 is awful. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil than listen to U2 or Hootie.
    How,could you fuck this up Hondo? this thread was a softball for you to get some love and you whiffed on three pitches.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Lots of butthurt fags in this thread.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Results below of poll to determine the Top Ten Most Favorite Rock Recording Artists of Hardcore Husky Members. Thanks to all those that participated.

Each vote = number of times a particular artist/band made it onto a poster’s list.

1) Led Zeppelin (16 votes) – No surprises here

2) Metallica (10 votes) – Too many of us are fags according to @Swaye because Metallica didn’t win.

3A) Rolling Stones (9 votes) – Tough loss for me here as a “Stones better than Zep” guy, but I will respect the results of this election.

3B) Pink Floyd (9 votes)

5) The Who (8 votes) – Was really pleased by a competitive showing here by one of my all time favorites.

6) The Beatles (7 votes) – I was worried they might not make the cut.

7A) Tool (6 votes)

7B) AC DC (6 votes)

8) 5 Way Tie with 5 votes each: Bowie, Hendrix, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and (not the fucking) Eagles.

Honorable mention (4 or more votes): Soundgarden, Neil Young, Radio Head, Black Sabbath, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers

So 8th place was a tie with 5 votes each, but the honorable mentions had 4 or more votes?

Alternate math facts?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Apparently so and thanks for pointing that out. I'm just a liberal arts (history) major and thus not to good with numbers and what not. The 5 way tie was for the 9th and 10th place vote getters at 5 apiece.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Metallica @ #2 is proof.

So, the whole poll thread title was deceptive because really it was 'here's my ten favorite bands'.

Even as a noted Beatles hater, I'm intellectually honest enough to know their importance to musical history and their status as one of the top 10 bands of all time.

Tool. Christ.
    I don't think the title and objective of the original thread/poll was "deceptive" per say. But the intent was definitely a name "your ten most favorite desert island" rock artists or bands sort of vote, as opposed to having people post who they view as, say, "ten most historically Important" rock bands or solo artists. Too much intellectually honesty required for the latter exercise and probably not as much fun banter. The Beatles are a perfect example - i.e., plenty of people aren't into them and that's fine - but they are certainly the most influential and important recording artists of the second half of the 20th century.

If was to go back to my original top ten favorites list - i.e., Stones, Beatles, Kinks, Zep, Neil Young, Bowie, Elvis, Dylan, Grateful Dead, and The Who - and make it a personal assessment of the 10 most historically important, I'd remove the Kinks and Dead, and sub in Hendrix and Chuck Berry.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

pawz said:

Why no jam bands?

Axing for a fren

I see jam bands at 1, 5, and 7A
    Da fuq?

@GrandpaSankey help out this blind man.
    Yes. The blind helping the blind works out so well.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Why no jam bands?

Axing for a fren

I see jam bands at 1, 5, and 7A
    Da fuq?

@GrandpaSankey help out this blind man.
    Yes. The blind helping the blind works out so well.
    Christ. Now the blind guy shows up. They can't even hear anyway.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The bands from the 60's and 70's have too strong of a hold on these lists.

It's become some shit where you feel you have to list them just because.

I hardly ever listen to any of them, but still list them.