Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Taggart: "I'm here to plow the field, find the snakes and cut their heads off"

Comments

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How could the unstoppable offensive motor machine genius Tag Heuer make such an insensitive comment about beheadings at a time like this?

#notmyengineprovider
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

tenndawg said:

His job is only to end the shitshow that Slingblade created and at least point the ship in the right direction. Don't know where it goes from there.

====÷÷===

A bit off topic, but there's a couple avatars I wouldn't mind dating...yours is definitely not one of them, even if she is dead and couldn't tell anyone...

÷÷÷==÷÷

And we all know what it's like to have high hopes for a new coach - you lie to yourself, you ignore red flags...

I think Chip Kelly and the Nike uniform explosion were kind of cool, far from convinced Taggart will get you back there

It's not like he's won everywhere he's been, basically one good season (last year) and that's it

Guess we shall see
    Willie had the exact same four year trajectory at USF that Jim Harbaugh had at Stanford. Every Doog on here would line up to gargle Harbaugh balls.

I understand that USF and Stanford are different situations, but USF had never really been good before. This season was probably their best one in school history.

In no way am I saying Willie is Harbaugh, but Harbaugh isn't great either. I would take very good, which Harbaugh is that.
    Look, Faggert may turn out to be great, but you sound like every fucking Doog alive the week after Tryone and Sark were hired. Trying to justify a shit hire. Maybe he will be good, but it is more likely he will suck. But no need to justify anything. You didn't get a big name. It happens (to us repeatedly)...maybe you will get lucky, maybe not, but all this talk just is just silly.
    I'm not trying to justify anything. What someone did prior to the position they have now means very little. The gaggle of previous guys at Boise State had Peterman success and were pretty awful when they left. The guy after Peterman is doing very well. Peterman could have been a total flop at UW.

No one has a fucking clue what a coach is going to do. You can only judge a new coach by the staff he hires and his recruiting effort.

He just hired a guy that won D-Coordinator of the year. He just offered Bama's O-line coach. He is after Wazzu's D-line coach who has done a great job despite having to recruit to Pullman for a head coach that hates defense.

Nothing, and I mean nothing that Willie Taggart has done so far would suggest he is a shitty hire. Doogs want him to he a shitty hire, but nothing suggests that it is. Slingblade being a complete fucking retard (hence the name I gave him) is why Oregon won four games. A decent coach beats Nebraska, Colorado, ASU, Cal, Utah, and OSU last year. That's 8 wins. You watched Stanford do this in living color this year. They were a young, shitty team and got USC before Darnold so they were gifted one.

The Ducks return just about everyone for the next three years. Just a decent coach has them to 10 wins by 2018. ASU, UA, Cal, and UCLA are about to go through coaching changes and all four will fuck it up. Stanford will lose Shaw probably this year. The Pirate will leave Pullman soon.

The Pac-12 fucking sucks. If your AD is serious and you have a decent coaching staff you're going to win a shit ton of games, i.e. Mike Bellotti.
    He is 40-45. Rebuilding, blah, blah... That's a bad record.

I would be willing to wager Taggart will have 29 wins with no division or conference title after four years. With the way you Doogs are talking Oregon is Stanford after 2006 bad.
    Fuck that shit. He needs to LEAVE after 1 season if he gets on that trajectory.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2017

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

tenndawg said:

His job is only to end the shitshow that Slingblade created and at least point the ship in the right direction. Don't know where it goes from there.

====÷÷===

A bit off topic, but there's a couple avatars I wouldn't mind dating...yours is definitely not one of them, even if she is dead and couldn't tell anyone...

÷÷÷==÷÷

And we all know what it's like to have high hopes for a new coach - you lie to yourself, you ignore red flags...

I think Chip Kelly and the Nike uniform explosion were kind of cool, far from convinced Taggart will get you back there

It's not like he's won everywhere he's been, basically one good season (last year) and that's it

Guess we shall see
    Willie had the exact same four year trajectory at USF that Jim Harbaugh had at Stanford. Every Doog on here would line up to gargle Harbaugh balls.

I understand that USF and Stanford are different situations, but USF had never really been good before. This season was probably their best one in school history.

In no way am I saying Willie is Harbaugh, but Harbaugh isn't great either. I would take very good, which Harbaugh is that.
    Look, Faggert may turn out to be great, but you sound like every fucking Doog alive the week after Tryone and Sark were hired. Trying to justify a shit hire. Maybe he will be good, but it is more likely he will suck. But no need to justify anything. You didn't get a big name. It happens (to us repeatedly)...maybe you will get lucky, maybe not, but all this talk just is just silly.
    I'm not trying to justify anything. What someone did prior to the position they have now means very little. The gaggle of previous guys at Boise State had Peterman success and were pretty awful when they left. The guy after Peterman is doing very well. Peterman could have been a total flop at UW.

No one has a fucking clue what a coach is going to do. You can only judge a new coach by the staff he hires and his recruiting effort.

He just hired a guy that won D-Coordinator of the year. He just offered Bama's O-line coach. He is after Wazzu's D-line coach who has done a great job despite having to recruit to Pullman for a head coach that hates defense.

Nothing, and I mean nothing that Willie Taggart has done so far would suggest he is a shitty hire. Doogs want him to he a shitty hire, but nothing suggests that it is. Slingblade being a complete fucking retard (hence the name I gave him) is why Oregon won four games. A decent coach beats Nebraska, Colorado, ASU, Cal, Utah, and OSU last year. That's 8 wins. You watched Stanford do this in living color this year. They were a young, shitty team and got USC before Darnold so they were gifted one.

The Ducks return just about everyone for the next three years. Just a decent coach has them to 10 wins by 2018. ASU, UA, Cal, and UCLA are about to go through coaching changes and all four will fuck it up. Stanford will lose Shaw probably this year. The Pirate will leave Pullman soon.

The Pac-12 fucking sucks. If your AD is serious and you have a decent coaching staff you're going to win a shit ton of games, i.e. Mike Bellotti.
    Harbaugh was 29-21 at Stanford and you guys act like he was Pete Carroll or something.

I would be willing to wager Taggart will have 29 wins with no division or conference title after four years. With the way you Doogs are talking Oregon is Stanford after 2006 bad.
    Will Taggart be better than Rich Rod?
    Good question.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

tenndawg said:

====÷÷===

÷÷÷==÷÷

Guess we shall see

Harbaugh was 29-21 at Stanford and you guys act like he was Pete Carroll or something.

Will Taggart be better than Rich Rod?
    Good question.
    Rich Rod is following the same path as the wrong Stoops. You work your ass off, get close, and realize that basketball season has started and no one cares if you are alive or dead

Dick Tomey had the same fate. Lute won that miracle title, Dick followed it up with his best season ever, no one cared and he was fired two years later.

Nick Saban would struggle in Tucson just like he did with Sparty. Football is the unfortunate time before round ball.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Jesus. Enough with the Rich Rod affair.

He's not an elite coach, anywhere. Middle of the Pac12, at best.

BearcatAlumQuookFS logic at its finest.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    MisterEm said:

Yeah but he would make a great OC. Lets open up the wallet and hire him.

#BuyANatty
    MisterEm said:

He isn't an elite coach. David Shaw is the only one kind of close. The conference has had three in my 33 years of life. John Robinson round two was a shit show so that doesn't count.

Doogfather, Pete, Chip. End of list.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

He isn't an elite coach. David Shaw is the only one kind of close. The conference has had three in my 33 years of life. John Robinson round two was a shit show so that doesn't count.

Which Pete? Top or bottom?
    Muttzen said:

Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

Which Pete? Top or bottom?
    Carroll, don't be ridiculous.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

David Shaw is nowhere near elite.

Mark Helfrich and Chris Peterman have accomplished more than Shaw has.

Mosster47 said:

MisterEm said:

David Shaw is nowhere near elite.

Mark Helfrich and Chris Peterman have accomplished more than Shaw has.
    Huh?

Shaw: 64-17, 3 conference championships.

Combined they have less conference titles and Peterman has almost as many losses in half the time.

Shaw just had a shitty year and won 10 games. The best coach in the conference is at Stanford. It's not even close until proven otherwise.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

The problem that Oregon has IMO isn't Taggert but it's about how they differentiate themselves going forward ...

Washington is in a great position as long as Pete is here to the point that he's taking the best players out of Oregon ...

USC is USC and while I'm still on the side that Clay Helton sucks they'll get a ton of free pub out of winning the Rose Bowl that will sustain them for at least the next couple of years recruiting ...

Stanford will still be Stanford as long as David Shaw is there churning out his 9-10 win seasons ...

UCLA will still recruit LA/SoCal well regardless of what they have as a coach ...

So what's Oregon's angle? They don't have in-state recruiting ... and even what is in-state not only are they losing North but Oregon St isn't a push over program under Anderson. Spread offenses are a dime a dozen now so it's not like they are recruiting a unique athlete like nobody else is recruiting. Unlike the Arizona schools and to a lesser extent Colorado, being able to recruit Texas is more of a stretch for Oregon. Is Taggert a brand enough name as a coach to be able to recruit nationally like Oregon was able to do for a very brief moment of time?

Barring a truly elite big name coach, this was always going to be a difficult job for whoever Oregon hired ... until it plays out I'm not sure how much of Oregon's downfall will be able to be laid at the feet of Taggert (assuming they go back to a 6-8 win program at best) versus it just being that they really did fill a void in the conference and were able to differentiate themselves for that period of time before those with the ability to shoot past them shot past them and put them back down the pecking order to where they belong?

Oregon hasn't been a 6-8 win at best program since Rich Brooks. Doogs think UW's shit show is somehow similar to Oregon. Don James quit and the AD and University stopped caring about football. Your facilities went to shit, you made stupid fucking hires and the one decent hire they did make they fired him over nothing. Peterman looks to be solid, but I would like to see him when at least one of the other 11 teams were trying.

Slingblade and his geriatric assistants just didn't recruit very hard. That was fixed very quickly. Oregon is still a huge name nationally and they still have an AD and University that wants to win.

Mike Bellotti, Chip Kelly, and Slingblade all had more 9 or more win seasons than 6-8 win seasons. If you think Oregon is going back to the times of where the meeting room was in the tunnel you're fucking dumb. UW will out recruit Oregon in the state of Oregon this year. The D-Tackle stings a little, but they're loaded at DB for this class already so Molden doesn't really matter.

The Pac-12 sucks. A serious program will rebound instantly.
    God, I hope so
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

tenndawg said:

====÷÷===

÷÷÷==÷÷

Guess we shall see

Fuck that shit. He needs to LEAVE after 1 season if he gets on that trajectory.
    You got you're wish
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Q: we ever get Pics of the field Taggert intends to plow?
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

Q: we ever get Pics of the field Taggert intends to plow?

He took the harvest.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Some gems in this thread.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    Bump.

Was looking for a taggart meme with the snakes quote and found this thread. @GrundleStiltzkin?

Also I just want to say nothing, I repeat nothing suggests Taggart is a bad hire.