Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon, 3* 2018 LB, Brentwood (Academy), TN (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

I'd wager Sirmon the Elder ends up on our staff sometime in the near future.

Define near future
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Define near future
    Definitely not as near as I had in mind when I posted this.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Maybe, but think it’s better for both Jackson and him not to be right now, especially since he would probably be coaching the same position. That puts everyone in a tough position.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BallzDeep said:

Sirmon is the headiest white guy ever and he's actually physically talented unlike BBK. This affirms my thought that he could compete for a starting job right away.
    The ILB battle is something I'm really interested to watch play out the next few years. I really don't know who is going to end up starting.
    insert Gary Oldman EVERYONE gif
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    I like Jackson Sirmon, but the fact that Peterman had to go out of his way to praise the try-hard whitey when they were talking about Kaho who is a fucking beast... Sheesh.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I like Jackson Sirmon, but the fact that Peterman had to go out of his way to praise the try-hard whitey when they were talking about Kaho who is a fucking beast... Sheesh.

I think he’s good. Kid has a big frame and made big plays. He’s coming in at 6-2, 220 not 6-0, 203 like BBK.
  • Options

I think he’s good. Kid has a big frame and made big plays. He’s coming in at 6-2, 220 not 6-0, 203 like BBK.
    I also think he's good. I've been on the record about that for a long time. He's not a new BBK. I just find it annoying that Peterman went out of his way to praise the white guy when they were already talking about someone who is even better.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,517
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

More posts like this, less race baiting garbage
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

More posts like this, less race baiting garbage
    White people are garbage.
  • Options

I also think he's good. I've been on the record about that for a long time. He's not a new BBK. I just find it annoying that Peterman went out of his way to praise the white guy when they were already talking about someone who is even better.
    I think one of the aspects to Peterman that's a blessing and a curse is his insistence that recruiting rankings are bullshit.

On one hand, it is good because we know he's not Sarking it and just looking at 247's rankings and recruiting off that list. They obviously eval and make their own decisions.

HOWEVER, the negative aspect of it is that it's just tedious and disingenuous to act like it's not a useful metric. It's not a PERFECT metric, but OBVIOUSLY Pete's evals STRONGLY correlate with the evals of other schools. So, the correlation is .85 and not .99! Who gives a flying fuck?

Pete knows full well that if they could take anyone they wanted his class would be pretty much all 4 and 5 star kids.

Because of that he reflexively contrasts away. It's the problem with being a contrarian. You are just as easily manipulable as a person who agrees with the herd. It's just in reverse.

Contrarianism is the lowest form of intellectual discourse and unfortunately Pete has made it his cross to bear.

I suppose I find it less annoying now because a) he's softening somewhat now that he's getting 5-star kids because he's forced to admit that Ale Kaho is really good, and b) I think he's starting to realize that all the hype around recruiting and football in general is largely harmless.

The problem is when you have a bunch of shit-bags in your class and some Budda Bakers, he instinctively reflexes away and praises the shit-bags and that is fuckkking annoying.

OTOH - this year - not even Pete could bring himself to praise Rich Newton and pretty much everyone else we got is fucking good. So—praise allah—it's going to be less and less annoying over time as 1) we get better recruits, 2) he is forced to come to grips with the reality that his evals and 247s are pretty similar and 3) he just lightens the fuck up about it.
    When you put it like than I can appreciate it more. Not just because you're right that we're getting more talent than before, but also because I can relate to being a contrarian asshole. It's not a good thing to be, but it's a fun thing to be.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sirmon is really fucking good and plays with amazing fundamentals. Coaches tend to praise those things. HTH
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Just went back and listened to the full interview. The reason he said this was because Softy asked him (paraphrased) "You get asked a lot about the 'highly rated' guys like Kaho, but what about some of the guys that people aren't talking about?" He then complemented Sirmon AND Tafisi. This had nothing to do with praising the try hard white dude over the 5 star, it was literally the question Softy asked.
    Context is king
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Just went back and listened to the full interview. The reason he said this was because Softy asked him (paraphrased) "You get asked a lot about the 'highly rated' guys like Kaho, but what about some of the guys that people aren't talking about?" He then complemented Sirmon AND Tafisi. This had nothing to do with praising the try hard white dude over the 5 star, it was literally the question Softy asked.
    Context is king
    On this board?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Context is king
    On this board?
    Coach Cont’ext has been fired.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Context is king
    On this board?
    huh?