Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Peterman

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Almost pissed away that game.

I was worried he would throw a pick in OT and he shouldn't have pass happy in opposing territory when we had a late lead. Also failed to recognize Arizona keying on run plays in certain situations, and missed opportunities for jailbreak screens. Game should have been over early in the 4th.

And how in the fuck do we not have a kicker in soccer fag territory in year 3? WTF??!

I have a baaaaaad feeling about Stanford.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Run run run the football I hear ...

Yet we had a number of short yardage situations during the game where we needed a yard and got stuffed each time ... simply put the OL isn't good enough to be in a position to get that hard yard or two when everybody in the building knows that they are running it.

Over react much???

A win on the road in conference is a win on the road ... particularly when playing far from our best. Take this and run to the tarmac to get home.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

I was worried he would throw a pick in OT and he shouldn't have pass happy in opposing territory when we had a late lead. Also failed to recognize Arizona keying on run plays in certain situations, and missed opportunities for jailbreak screens. Game should have been over early in the 4th.

And how in the fuck do we not have a kicker in soccer fag territory in year 3? WTF??!

Dude you need to lay down the pipe.

That was a big win for Washington.

Two years ago in that very stadium Washington stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lots to work on, but Washington won ... the first time in a LONG time they won on the road against a legit PAC opponent.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Yet we had a number of short yardage situations during the game where we needed a yard and got stuffed each time ... simply put the OL isn't good enough to be in a position to get that hard yard or two when everybody in the building knows that they are running it.

Over react much???

A win on the road in conference is a win on the road ... particularly when playing far from our best. Take this and run to the tarmac to get home.

Or they could do a fucking QB sneak and get 3 yards instead of doing this shotgun-snap delayed-counter bullshit (I love the counter on first or second but never on fourth) or that naked bootleg pass to Gaskin for 2 yards where 50 fucking things could go wrong with the play
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2016
    We won. HTH.

Almost won doesn't mean shit and almost lost doesn't either.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Over react much???

Read the original post fucktard.

We ran all over them and then failed to recognize when they were keying on it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The warning signs are there for anyone who actually paid attention.

Pete is not the guy. Take your screenshots fags.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Tequilla said:

Over react much???

Or they could do a fucking QB sneak and get 3 yards instead of doing this shotgun-snap delayed-counter bullshit (I love the counter on first or second but never on fourth) or that naked bootleg pass to Gaskin for 2 yards where 50 fucking things could go wrong with the play
    They tried that once but Sample FS decided to jump and 4th-and-1 became 4th-and-6.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Over react much???

On 4th and 1 (or less), snap the ball from under center and give it to Coleman. Stop these cute counter plays with Gaskin from shotgun in those situations.
    Agree. Quick hitting run might have worked, but it also might have been a good time to call a screen play.

Only a dumbfuck can waste a running performance like that.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Dude you need to lay down the pipe.

That was a big win for Washington.

Two years ago in that very stadium Washington stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lots to work on, but Washington won ... the first time in a LONG time they won on the road against a legit PAC opponent.
    Arizona isn't legit. They fucking suck. Their QB isn't a real QB, they were on their 8th string RB, and they have a defense full of white midgets.
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Over react much???

On 4th and 1 (or less), snap the ball from under center and give it to Coleman. Stop these cute counter plays with Gaskin from shotgun in those situations.
    Agree. Quick hitting run might have worked, but it also might have been a good time to call a screen play.

You don't call screen passes on 4th and 1
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Over react much???

You don't call screen passes on 4th and 1
    Says who? The biggest doog on the bored?

I am right.

Stanford wins the conference again.
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Over react much???

OL was good enough to get 5 yards on a QB fucking sneak

but no, let's go with slow developing SHOTGUN misdirection running plays on 4th and 1

if that's any other team we would be laughing our asses off at how awful the playcalling was
    The counters are fucking stupid in short yardage situations ... the reverse of that though is that if you get it blocked right that often turns into a TD in those situations.

We did learn our lesson in OT and instead on 1st and goal at the 1 went straight up the middle and got stuffed for a 3 yard loss.

The reality is that the interior of our OL is a weak point and in short yardage situations where teams sell out and blitz like hell through the middle we're at risk of the line not holding.

Some play action in those spots to the TE would do wonders.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Agree, can't believe he hasn't won four nattys yet, you know like James did when he came in.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

Agree, can't believe he hasn't won four nattys yet, you know like James did when he came in.
    The season is over.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

The season is over.
    Do you have a plan "B" if we end up not shitting the bed?

Worried about you.