Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Winners Win; "He has it in him"

12346»

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I love how right I've been this season.

Do I need to bump the Black Power thread again?
    When I was right that he was better than Cyler? People get that argument twisted.

Browning>Troy>Cyler. It was always about BP not getting the nod over Cyler. Cyler is 6 feet under and Troy is the starter on a top 25 team. I was right.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

The thing that pissed me off was Cyler was such a dead man walking. Was his hip hurt the entire year? I've never seen more uninspired play than Cyler's Bowl game last year. How could you not want to transfer watching from the sidelines. Cyler couldn't wait to quit and somehow the staff couldn't see this and wasted a ton of reps their 1st season.

I don't know if Troy is going to be good, but the QB position is one good head coaches frequently mess up the depth chart on. It was pussy conservative shit to keep rolling Cyler out there instead of rolling the dice on Black Power. The same pussy conservative shit philosophy that saw us punt on 4th and 1 against Oregon on their side of the field.

That's the knock on this staff. I like 81% of what they are doing, but the 19% of loser pussy conservativeness is going to keep the program at 4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 6-3, 4-5....

It needs to be snuffed out.

Doogles was right! He just forgot to put the 9-0 in after the ellipsis.

Doogles said:

The main point is Great coaches make mistakes at QB more than any other position. It's such a lights on, gamer position it can be difficult to know who really has "it" until they get snaps. Billy Jo would never have sniffed the field if it wasn't for injury. Don James' career season may never have existed because of his own personnel decision.

It was clear Cyler didn't have "it". You don't want to overrate a garbage touchdown at Oregon, but Troy had life there and the team around him had life. Regardless of everything else, he wanted to play. The monsoon game was no pun intended a perfect storm to fail. The risk of going 8-6 or 7-7 was worth seeing what else was in the cupboard.

At the time it seemed like a terrible call to stick with Cyler. With hindsight, it was the absolute worst decision and waste of a season's worth of reps.

I'm hearing that Black Power had "it" just like Eason did.

Still not sure what "it" is unless it is the syphillis.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

I love how right I've been this season.

Do I need to bump the Black Power thread again?
    Yes. We've exhausted every other option. It's time.
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Higher than Drew Bledsoe?

Easy there turbo.

I like Eason and I'm mad we didn't get him. But if we did get him and someone was making these claims after a marginal win over Gary Fucking Pinkel you'd rightly mock the shit out of them.

Slow the fuck down.

Yes, a higher ceiling than Drew Bledsoe. Good comp though.

I remember when Bledsoe, as a sophomore, threw for 430 yards against UW in the '91 Apple Cup. UW's defense had trouble brining him down. One one play, Stan Empterman had Bledsoe in his grasp but couldn't take him down. Bledsoe hung in and threw a laser down field for a big gain.

Bledsoe and Eason are about the same size: Bledsoe 6'5, 235 lbs (NFL weight) Eason; 6'6 just under 220 as a freshman.

The Eason crowning started from a thread about the current state of UW recruiting. Peterman whiffed big time. Inexcusable, especially when Eason is in your backyard.

Browning: He may step up this year and win some big games. He's not a championship caliber QB. Never will be.

Big boy defenses ( Ohio State. Alabama. Clemson) would run his ass into the ground just like Oregon did last year. Noodle armed. Browning can't throw the deep ball against their secondaries.

At some point this year WE'll wish we had a rainmaker @ QB. a QB capable of a comeback against Stanford. A Qb with the balls and arm to win @ Autzen. A QB with the arm and swagger to deliver in the playoffs.

Eason hasn't won a big game, yet. Three games into his Sophomore season, Browning never has, unless you count his shit performance -and some help from Marvin Hall- against Sarktard USC.

Bless you all.
    Just because bump
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Doog revisionist history is always timeless.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

I like Eason and I'm mad we didn't get him. But if we did get him and someone was making these claims after a marginal win over Gary Fucking Pinkel you'd rightly mock the shit out of them.

Slow the fuck down.

I remember when Bledsoe, as a sophomore, threw for 430 yards against UW in the '91 Apple Cup. UW's defense had trouble brining him down. One one play, Stan Empterman had Bledsoe in his grasp but couldn't take him down. Bledsoe hung in and threw a laser down field for a big gain.

Bledsoe and Eason are about the same size: Bledsoe 6'5, 235 lbs (NFL weight) Eason; 6'6 just under 220 as a freshman.

The Eason crowning started from a thread about the current state of UW recruiting. Peterman whiffed big time. Inexcusable, especially when Eason is in your backyard.

Browning: He may step up this year and win some big games. He's not a championship caliber QB. Never will be.

Big boy defenses ( Ohio State. Alabama. Clemson) would run his ass into the ground just like Oregon did last year. Noodle armed. Browning can't throw the deep ball against their secondaries.

At some point this year WE'll wish we had a rainmaker @ QB. a QB capable of a comeback against Stanford. A Qb with the balls and arm to win @ Autzen. A QB with the arm and swagger to deliver in the playoffs.

Eason hasn't won a big game, yet. Three games into his Sophomore season, Browning never has, unless you count his shit performance -and some help from Marvin Hall- against Sarktard USC.

Bless you all.
    Just because bump
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzypLDlZ8g
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

Slow the fuck down.

Bless you all.
    Just because bump
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzypLDlZ8g
    2019 is gonna be special. About the time Eason gets pulled for Haener or Sirmon.
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

Slow the fuck down.

Bless you all.
    NFL teams must have missed this scouting report. @Baseman
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bart Starr was drafted in the 17th round

Johnny U was a free agent

So you know keep hope alive and stuff

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

Slow the fuck down.

Bless you all.
    NFL teams must have missed this scouting report. @Baseman
    I was right. Imagine Eason with John Ross and Pettis. I was right: Jake Browning sucked