Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Winners Win; "He has it in him"

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

This thread gets worse with every post.

Yellow brown sulphur laden flatulence fog this thread is.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Eason is really similar to Locker as a toolsy, wildly inaccurate passer.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

This thread gets worse with every post.

And more enjoyable to read
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2016

Eason is really similar to Locker as a toolsy, wildly inaccurate passer.

The both got dat NFL arm talent that makes scouts drool and fans say stupid shit.

Time will tell on whether Eason's (football?) IQ is as low as Lockers, but early returns suggest he is just as retarded. And I'd guess more susceptible to distraction/self destruction.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

BUMP:
    15-33 143 1TD 0 picks 10 points in a 24-10 neutral field loss to Florida.

Just like any other QB, he sucks until proven otherwise

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

Eason has a strong arm which is why some college programs and most recruiting rating sites got a hard-on for him.

Unfortunately for them, college football is now trending to more cerebral QBs that can read defenses -- the "stupid one-read and go Dual-Thread QBs" are being left behind. I'm not saying Eason is one of those but his strong arm alone doesn't guarantee success.

He's a freshman QB playing in the SEC. He was the top rated HS QB in the country and chose Georgia over Washington.

I predicted/speculated Stanford might knock Browning out and Eason would be able to step in, even surpass Browning's production

Clearly, Browning exceed my expectations, most of you fuckers, too, if you're honest. He has taken a huge step forward and remained healthy. Had Eason come here, he'd be redshirting.

What happens, though, if Browning gets injured. Who is the better option to pick up the pieces, Manga Carta or Eason?

In 89, Billy Joe Hobart,the Gatorade state player of the year and highest rated QB in the nation, committed to Washington. Hobart redshirted in 89 and was second string in '90 as Mark Brunnell had a lock on the job. Everything looked great going into 91 until Brunnell blew his knee out. Hobart stepped in and the rest was history.

To keep the machine rolling, UW needs a pipeline of developing backups ready to step in for injured or under performing players. UW must win the recruiting battles for the best players in the state.

I remember Billy Joe. I remember Drew Bledsoe, Cary Conklin, Chris Chandler, and the Huards. Eason has the highest ceiling of all them. Bledsoe had the size and arm strength but was mechanically raw out of HS. Hobart had a big arm and good mobility. He transferred from Orting to Puyallup to run Huard's pro style offense. His Passing IQ was closer to Locker and Lindquist. The separator for Hobart was his big balls. Winners win.

Eason has struggled. In other moments he has shined. Shit first halfs mixed in with impressive late game heroics, big plays in big moments, something Browning never showed last year, playing in PAC-12 Big plays in crucial moments he didn't show until this year's Arizonas game.

UW is better now and in the future with Eason even if he wouldnt see the field until Browning leaves.
    UW would be better off if they had signed the #1 QB recruit in the cuntry?

Courageous take right there. I don't remember anyone arguing we shouldn't sign him. I do remember people arguing he was better than Browning. Those people were wrong.
    Several here said he was overated and UW didn't need him. Browning has been great, arguably one of the top QBs in the country. So far he's proved me wrong.

Eason has elite talent. Peterman and his staff are showing they can develop players. If UW continues getting quality line play and strong defenses, Eason becomes less important. It's hard not to wonder what Peterman could do with Eason.

Pray Browning stays healthy and hope there is a quality replacement in place when he leaves.
    I pray that Browning gets his L3-L6 ruptured soon.

But I'm a classy Coog. So don't twist.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was right.

Lake Stevens plays in Wesco. Garbage competition.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I was right.

They crushed Graham Kapowsin, 49-14 in the playoffs and lost by 3 to Skyline in the semi-finals.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love how right I've been this season.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    Baseman said:

I was right.

They crushed Graham Kapowsin, 49-14 in the playoffs and lost by 3 to Skyline in the semi-finals.
    This is sad.

Not as sad as Eason's freshman season, but pretty sad.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

I was right.

Again, plays in Wesco. Pure dog shit.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I love how right I've been this season.

Do I need to bump the Black Power thread again?