Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    But... but... but... the Crusades!!!
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

(Which were a completely justified attack to stop Islamic aggression and murder of Christian pilgrims, by the way).

(Not to mention the reclaiming of approx. 500 conquered Christian cities.) The friggin' murderous bastards made it all the way to Austria.

King Jan Sobieski is one of the most underrated badasses of all time. If I'm not mistaken he lead the Hussar charge against the Ottomans at the siege of Vienna.

Huge. Balls.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

(Which were a completely justified attack to stop Islamic aggression and murder of Christian pilgrims, by the way).

(Not to mention the reclaiming of approx. 500 conquered Christian cities.) The friggin' murderous bastards made it all the way to Austria.

King Jan Sobieski is one of the most underrated badasses of all time. If I'm not mistaken he lead the Hussar charge against the Ottomans at the siege of Vienna.

Huge. Balls.
    From Badass of the Week:

At the Battle of Beresteczko in 1651, Jan Sobieski led the Hussars in an attack that smashed the light cavalry formations of the Ukrainian Cossacks. In 1664 he battled Swedish invaders at the gates of Warsaw. In 1667 he led warriors against the Mongol Tatars, raising 8,000 men with his own money and successfully defending the city of Podhajce against 20,000 steppe horsemen with the sheer force of his own impenetrable fucking steel ballsack. At Chocim he destroyed 20,000 Turkish front-line warriors and captured over 100 pieces of artillery, an heroic asskicking that made him such a national hero that he was elected King of Poland a year later based on his own popularity alone. Known as "The Unvanquished Northern Lion", by a Turkish army that had the good sense and honor to appreciate a righteously-hardcore badass even when he wasn't fighting under the same flag, Jan Sobieski had fought his way to the Crown on military awesomeness alone, then went home at the end of every day to share a bed with a fucking hot French countess he'd brought in straight from the court of Louis XIV.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=28505525333
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Huge. Balls.
    From Badass of the Week:

At the Battle of Beresteczko in 1651, Jan Sobieski led the Hussars in an attack that smashed the light cavalry formations of the Ukrainian Cossacks. In 1664 he battled Swedish invaders at the gates of Warsaw. In 1667 he led warriors against the Mongol Tatars, raising 8,000 men with his own money and successfully defending the city of Podhajce against 20,000 steppe horsemen with the sheer force of his own impenetrable fucking steel ballsack. At Chocim he destroyed 20,000 Turkish front-line warriors and captured over 100 pieces of artillery, an heroic asskicking that made him such a national hero that he was elected King of Poland a year later based on his own popularity alone. Known as "The Unvanquished Northern Lion", by a Turkish army that had the good sense and honor to appreciate a righteously-hardcore badass even when he wasn't fighting under the same flag, Jan Sobieski had fought his way to the Crown on military awesomeness alone, then went home at the end of every day to share a bed with a fucking hot French countess he'd brought in straight from the court of Louis XIV.

YKWYWF
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Huge. Balls.
    From Badass of the Week:

YKWYWF
    I don't know what that means, but the spam you flagged me with makes me think our eternal romance may not be as eternal as I once believed.
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Huge. Balls.
    From Badass of the Week:

YKWYWF
    I don't know what that means, but the spam you flagged me with makes me think our eternal romance may not be as eternal as I once believed.
    "you know why you were flagged"

(no pics)
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Huge. Balls.
    From Badass of the Week:

YKWYWF
    "you know why you were flagged"

(no pics)
    Let me one up myself with another bad ass of the week. This one I found to be particularly entertaining:

Lorenc Peter Elfred Freuchen was a 6’7” tall walrus-spearing, peg-legged, anti-Semite-clobbering Danish explorer and badass old-school 1900s explorer who wore a fucking awesome coat made of polar bear fur, rocked a seriously epic beard, rode a dogsled 1,000 kilometers across the Greenland ice cap in the 1910s, killed a wolf with his bare hands, escaped a Nazi death warrant at the height of the Third Reich, amputated his own fucking gangrenous toes with a pair of pliers (and no anesthesia), and starred in a goddamned Oscar-winning movie – which was based on a book that he wrote. And this guy was so over-the-top awesome that he played the fucking villain in a movie that was loosely based around his own autobiography. He was also the fifth person to win the jackpot in the TV game show The $64,000 Question, published thirty books, founded two Adventurer’s Clubs, and his biography is called The Vagrant Viking.

Need more proof? Check this shit. One time he was caught in a blizzard and ended up being buried alive in an inescapable cocoon of ice so tightly packed around him that he could barely move. After 30 hours trapped in a frosty tomb the size of a large suitcase this behemoth Dane escaped certain death by molding his own shit into a fucking knife and using it to carve through a solid wall of ice, then crawled another three hours back to base camp like something out of The Revenant meets Everest meets goddamn Shawshank Redemption.

Oh, yeah, and he looks like this:

Freuchen with his third wife. His coat is made from the fur of a polar bear that he killed himself.
    All is forgiven.

Dude almost makes me not hate white people. Almost.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But is he Tac Town Tuff?????
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Doogs hate winners
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

But is he Tac Town Tuff?????

Dude wouldnt last 5 minutes on Sprague