Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who is your favorite UW offensive lineman of the past decade

SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Founders Club
edited September 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board

Who is your favorite UW offensive lineman of the past decade 35 votes

Hahahahahaha - I just shot coffee through my nostrils and peed a little
20%
SoutherndawgDennis_DeYoungCokeGreaterThanPepsidrogginsSarkinghamDooglesLebamDawg 7 votes
Ben Ossai eleventh year senior, 332 pounds and ready to rumble
51%
MelloDawgTierbsHsotBoobsTommySQCHouhuskyRaccoonHarryDawgtonaThomasFremontMad_SonUWhuskytskeetGladstonedncExtraChrisBPurpleReigndoogsinparadiseDardanusMrsPetersenjarlsbergraygunG_O 18 votes
Sweet Meteor of Death
14%
SwayeDeepSeaZbiak1EsophagealFecesSources 5 votes
Janet Reno
14%
TequillaGrundleStiltzkinBasemansection_332TurdBomber 5 votes

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sweet Meteor of Death
    DeepSeaZ said:

Everyday I prey just a little harder for you than I did the day before.

This
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Probably Casey Bulyca. I didn't know how good we had it then
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colin Porter or Ryan Tolar. Kelemete or Hatchie were probably the best though, which says it all.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Colin Porter or Ryan Tolar. Kelemete or Hatchie were probably the best though, which says it all.

RIP Colin Porter. He had the makings of a great lineman. Tolar did really step up too.
  • MikeMonanMikeMonan Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Colin Porter bad shoulders keeps him out of the voting. Kohler played well for us never got time to lift and learn, since he also played as a freshman.

My favorite is Juan Garcia. He battled through injuries and still was able to play center for 3 yrs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MikeMonan said:

Colin Porter bad shoulders keeps him out of the voting. Kohler played well for us never got time to lift and learn, since he also played as a freshman.

My favorite is Juan Garcia. He battled through injuries and still was able to play center for 3 yrs.

Bashing the coaches is fine but if we're gonna bash the kids then I'm fucking out!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    MikeMonan said:

dnc said:

MikeMonan said:

Bashing the coaches is fine but if we're gonna bash the kids then I'm fucking out!
    Not bashing the players.... I would have picked Porter but I coached him so there is bias towards him
    Sorry Mike inside joke about Garcia, didn't actually think you were bashing the players.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    Porter played remarkably well for a freshman with two bum shoulders. Not sure whether a redshirt year would've helped (I thought he had a degenerative condition). Losing him was a big hole given how poorly the OL was being recruited and developed.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MikeMonan said:

Good point @MikeMonan re: starting too early. Just my 0.02, but that seems to have been a perpetual problem during most of this 15 year stretch of agony. IMO, O-Linemen in particular should not be thrown to the wolves, most of them need time to develop physically and learn how to handle the step up from high school to D-1A in terms of speed, strength, technique and schemes. If they're ready to go as freshman, then play them, but most aren't. If they're not ready to go, the offense will be hamstrung and they and the quarterback they're supposed to be protecting risk injury.

Too bad about Colin, he did look like he had the skills and strength to be a very good one. Since you coached him, do you think his injuries could have been managed had he not started so early? As someone else posted, I was under the impression he had a degenerative condition that may have been a problem regardless.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

MikeMonan said:

I didn't read your post before I posted but Mike, what the fuck were you watching? Kohler in 2011 was worse than Ossai, Christine, Wood, Brostek, Schaeffer, or any other bum that ever started on the OL.

Edit: I'm on a bender so I can barely read, but I do know Juan Garcia couldn't even snap the ball. Juan Garcia was fucking horrible. I'm glad he beat up a cop, but dude was garbage as a football player.
    This.