Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Swaye's Wigwam Review

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I've given my thoughts before. I appreciate what Derek did here. Kim sucks. We all hate him (Washington fans anyway). It was a good way to unite this ilk a few years ago. I appreciated the old board Race ran. It was needed in the late 2000s. Many disagree, but if Petersen can do what he ought to be able to do, that sentiment is not as needed, despite all the faggotry within Seattle/UW culture.

There really hasn't been a ton of growth here in the last 24-28 months. I don't mean page views. There haven't been more significant new posters than one can count on a hand. I sort of miss More Cock (lol), Blitzkrieg... I guess I'm too nice/sane of a guy to go off exactly like Puppy does, but.....I roughly agree with a lot of his views on some of the dorky stuff here. We're probably the minority I guess? The SEC topics are just fun banter usually. That's where I'm at right now. I'll donate $20 or 25 when I see some good new blood and less ROTN shit. Censorship isn't the way to go to achieve that, but obviously the status quo probably won't work. I don't know all the answers, but I saw a board just die a slow, agonizing death over about five years between 2007 and 2012. Sure, I post here 4 or 5 times a day here sometimes, maybe that's a little hypocritical...it's 95 fucking degrees out. I'm more or less stuck indoors a lot.

Sorry if I hurt a lot of feelers. Hopefully you can appreciate the candor.

We're #1 in SEO for searches related to UW football forum. There should be more people joining. It isn't the lack of moderation. Hopefully the season brings more.
    Agree. Until we boot J and Bannon, this will always be a problem.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

I've given my thoughts before. I appreciate what Derek did here. Kim sucks. We all hate him (Washington fans anyway). It was a good way to unite this ilk a few years ago. I appreciated the old board Race ran. It was needed in the late 2000s. Many disagree, but if Petersen can do what he ought to be able to do, that sentiment is not as needed, despite all the faggotry within Seattle/UW culture.

There really hasn't been a ton of growth here in the last 24-28 months. I don't mean page views. There haven't been more significant new posters than one can count on a hand. I sort of miss More Cock (lol), Blitzkrieg... I guess I'm too nice/sane of a guy to go off exactly like Puppy does, but.....I roughly agree with a lot of his views on some of the dorky stuff here. We're probably the minority I guess? The SEC topics are just fun banter usually. That's where I'm at right now. I'll donate $20 or 25 when I see some good new blood and less ROTN shit. Censorship isn't the way to go to achieve that, but obviously the status quo probably won't work. I don't know all the answers, but I saw a board just die a slow, agonizing death over about five years between 2007 and 2012. Sure, I post here 4 or 5 times a day here sometimes, maybe that's a little hypocritical...it's 95 fucking degrees out. I'm more or less stuck indoors a lot.

We're #1 in SEO for searches related to UW football forum. There should be more people joining. It isn't the lack of moderation. Hopefully the season brings more.
    Until you donate nobody gives a fuck what your opinion is.
    So you're saying: donate then pop off?
    You got it, and a chincredible from me to top it off. I feel like a page in our relationship is being turned. Either that, or I just have bad gas. Who knows?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

We never banned anyone at dawgbored. Except cfetters.
    How'd that bored turn out?

Exactly.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

We?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

Exactly.
    It was doing fine until half the regulars went here

This place is better, but still. Nothing wrong with the dogebored
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

Exactly.
    You're looking at it buddy.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It was assimilated.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

It was assimilated.

We? prefer the term chintegrated.
    Grundle doin work tonight.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

Exactly.

So it was doing fine until 2 of the regulars went here?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IIRC it cost about $12 a month to run and I never got asked for money.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

Exactly.

So it was doing fine until 2 of the regulars went here?

Sven and Harv accounted for half the poasts on doogbored. Of the other half, 49% was timer.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

This is one of my favorite forums but I low-key agree with many of your points. The lack of moderation and free flowing nature is an absolute joy. Say whatever the fuck you want but get flamed if you're a doog dumbass etc. Love it. That is the heart of what this place is. What hurts the forum IMO is all of the stupid cliches and acronyms that are repeated a million times. I am in the minority probably but I cringe every time a new poster is told to leave or when I see people sperg spewing dumb HHB phrases in acronym form that were never funny to begin with.

LEAVE!!!!!1!!!!!!