Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

US Women's Open

GolfNewsGolfNews Member Posts: 22
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
I'm proud of the USGA for calling a clear cut 2 stroke penalty for touching a grain of sand during a bunker shot during the Swedish competitor in the playoff.

The USGA did a good job of reminding everybody that this is in fact the UNITED STATES OPEN by not informing the Swede of her penalty until AFTER her 3rd shot on the last playoff hole (a par 5) but notifying the American player of her good fortune BEFORE she hit her 3rd shot. Talk about a home field advantage.

Only problem though is that the new USGA president showed that she was busy celebrating the USA! USA! USA! victory with too much of an abundant drinking of Cabs that drank like Merlots (tournament in the California wine valley) by calling the winner Brittany Lang "Bethany" multiple times during the trophy presentation. I hope Kim didn't see that because I'm not looking forward to having to explain why the bunch of bananas he will inevitably send her garnered no response.

Comments