Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How much better does the offense really need to be for us to win 10 games this year?

124»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

sounds like you really care about how others feel about Jen's football squad?

I actually still do for some insane reason and I shouldn't because the last 15 years have been a total disaster. I graduated UW in 2006 and my entire adult life has been steeped in non fulfillment at the hands of UW. There was a time that we actually had a program where the expectation was a Rose Bowl every year or it was a failure. Ten wins was the floor. It's been a while.

This is the first year since when, 2000, when UW will actually be ranked somewhere between 15-20 in the pre season polls? I've never really been a fan of those polls to being with, likely due to UW never even coming close to making it. But it feels good. People are talking BCS, Rose Bowl, winning the North, beating Stanford and Oregon. The opportunity is there. Execute. Fuck.

And there reasons to believe that some this talk might actually be warranted. Washington is bring back the best defensive unit in the pac12 with another year under their belts. We have a strong front 7. Qualls and Sidney Jones are first round picks. Baker looks poised to fully breakout. Azeem & Jo Jo. Gains & Vea. They are building proper depth. Special teams have turned a complete 180 under Petersen.

When Ty was in power and we went over to the husky half brains, all anyone ever wanted, besides Mora, was a nasty defense and a strong running game. UW has never really been build all around a flashy QB, we won upfront, pounding with the run and bludgeoning the opponent in all three phases.

Browning's strength, short to intermediate passing, is really all you need with the occasional shot down field. Establish the run, work the play action, get the tight end involved. We have those pieces. Gaskin can run the ball. We've got a few guys who can catch the ball. I would have killed for this team back then. But we had a safety playing quarterback. He did have a great deep ball though..
    God Damn! These boreds never disappoint! I warned you @pat_hm, reason or HDB material in this snake pit gets you fucked sideways with downvotes, wtfs and flaggs!

Expect a scissor invite when Puppy returns, but beware his OCD.
    Only because we have heard all the same bullshit since 2001 and it is always the same. Bullshit. All Peterman has to do to have me singing a different tune is prove it. Win fucking ten games and let one of them be Oregon or Stanford. Don't get plungered in the losses. Then I am his biggest drunk cheerleader.

But unlike quite a few poeple around here, I'm not easy. Peterman doesn't get to pull my skirt up because he talks a good game and does shit the right way. 7-6 gets no ass. He has to earn it.
    The product on the field has been bullshit since 2001. Yes, for years we've heard idiots like Softy and Kim and the Dawgman doogs say everything is going well and stick with Ty and give Sark a 10 year extension because he can recruit and this is the year we beat Oregon along every other line of bullshit known to man. It gets old and eventually apathy sets in. But we're all still here.

The difference between what Gilby, Ty and Sark tried to implement compared to what Petersen is currently building now at Washington is night and day. I don't think its just lip service. He is building an actual program with a strong foundation. We haven't had anything close to that since Rick. I went to the spring game and for the first time in a long time we looked like a football team. Our smallest D-lineman is 290. We have depth. Our offensive line looks like a college offensive line. They've bought into Petersen.

100% agree that Petersen has to earn it. We're all in the same boat. I'm not here making excuses for the guy. He's underwhelmed in the win department. It's time for him to prove that he can win big at Washington in his 3rd year. I think he can do it.
    I believe you're right. And I believe Peterman will go 9-3, including a win over Stanford or Oregon and a better than shit-tier bowl game. And I believe the same faggots will say he's no different than Sark, he's a loser and should be fired. That's what I believe.

Take your screenshots Motherfuckers! Which will it be Booby? WTF or Abuse?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

I actually still do for some insane reason and I shouldn't because the last 15 years have been a total disaster. I graduated UW in 2006 and my entire adult life has been steeped in non fulfillment at the hands of UW. There was a time that we actually had a program where the expectation was a Rose Bowl every year or it was a failure. Ten wins was the floor. It's been a while.

This is the first year since when, 2000, when UW will actually be ranked somewhere between 15-20 in the pre season polls? I've never really been a fan of those polls to being with, likely due to UW never even coming close to making it. But it feels good. People are talking BCS, Rose Bowl, winning the North, beating Stanford and Oregon. The opportunity is there. Execute. Fuck.

And there reasons to believe that some this talk might actually be warranted. Washington is bring back the best defensive unit in the pac12 with another year under their belts. We have a strong front 7. Qualls and Sidney Jones are first round picks. Baker looks poised to fully breakout. Azeem & Jo Jo. Gains & Vea. They are building proper depth. Special teams have turned a complete 180 under Petersen.

When Ty was in power and we went over to the husky half brains, all anyone ever wanted, besides Mora, was a nasty defense and a strong running game. UW has never really been build all around a flashy QB, we won upfront, pounding with the run and bludgeoning the opponent in all three phases.

Browning's strength, short to intermediate passing, is really all you need with the occasional shot down field. Establish the run, work the play action, get the tight end involved. We have those pieces. Gaskin can run the ball. We've got a few guys who can catch the ball. I would have killed for this team back then. But we had a safety playing quarterback. He did have a great deep ball though..
    God Damn! These boreds never disappoint! I warned you @pat_hm, reason or HDB material in this snake pit gets you fucked sideways with downvotes, wtfs and flaggs!

Only because we have heard all the same bullshit since 2001 and it is always the same. Bullshit. All Peterman has to do to have me singing a different tune is prove it. Win fucking ten games and let one of them be Oregon or Stanford. Don't get plungered in the losses. Then I am his biggest drunk cheerleader.

But unlike quite a few poeple around here, I'm not easy. Peterman doesn't get to pull my skirt up because he talks a good game and does shit the right way. 7-6 gets no ass. He has to earn it.
    The product on the field has been bullshit since 2001. Yes, for years we've heard idiots like Softy and Kim and the Dawgman doogs say everything is going well and stick with Ty and give Sark a 10 year extension because he can recruit and this is the year we beat Oregon along every other line of bullshit known to man. It gets old and eventually apathy sets in. But we're all still here.

The difference between what Gilby, Ty and Sark tried to implement compared to what Petersen is currently building now at Washington is night and day. I don't think its just lip service. He is building an actual program with a strong foundation. We haven't had anything close to that since Rick. I went to the spring game and for the first time in a long time we looked like a football team. Our smallest D-lineman is 290. We have depth. Our offensive line looks like a college offensive line. They've bought into Petersen.

100% agree that Petersen has to earn it. We're all in the same boat. I'm not here making excuses for the guy. He's underwhelmed in the win department. It's time for him to prove that he can win big at Washington in his 3rd year. I think he can do it.
    I believe you're right. And I believe Peterman will go 9-3, including a win over Stanford or Oregon and a better than shit-tier bowl game. And I believe the same faggots will say he's no different than Sark, he's a loser and should be fired. That's what I believe.

Take your screenshots Motherfuckers! Which will it be Booby? WTF or Abuse?
    Flagged for saying 9-3 will get better than a shit tier bowl game.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    uhh... #SunBowel
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

But if he goes 9-3 this year, as I predict, can he still lick your taint?
    Anyone can lick my taint. Not a high bar.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

But if he goes 9-3 this year, as I predict, can he still lick your taint?
    Anyone can lick my taint. Not a high bar.
    Free pubes!!!!!!