Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2016
    Do you read your articles before posting them? The biggest issue with the course is the coastal commission being dicks about removing "man made" waterfalls and preventing proper rebuilding.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Do you read your articles before posting them? The biggest issue with the course is the coastal commission being dicks about removing "man made" waterfalls and preventing proper rebuilding.

Um. No. The funny thing is. He threw $200 plus million (after netting the real estate sales) into a course that makes $1,000,000 a year. Just think, in 200 years he'll make his money back.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    Alexis said:

I like when guys talk about what shitty businessmen super rich people are.

Usually I wouldn't care, but when they want to become cic it matters.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My first job was at a laser tag family entertainment establishment at 16. The owners had multiple other businesses that made them money, the laser tag place was always in the red. We'd break even in the fall and winter.

For them it was a fun business to help the community, entertain, and have fun.

Attacking Trump through money is Hondo FS.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,467
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I worked at a place called Seattle Guns in the 90's when I was in school at UW. The owner of the shop never made money with the gun store. It was basically a break even operation at best. But, it did allow him to write off huge expenses related to his other main game which was buying and selling timber. I'm not saying this is Trump's way of writing things down, so don't twist. But, that episode did teach me that sometimes dudes with lots of money (and Trump has him beat 100 times over in that department) do things that might seem stupid but usually have a way of making them even more money somehow.

He didn't get a billion dollars by losing more than he wins.

Doogles said:

My first job was at a laser tag family entertainment establishment at 16. The owners had multiple other businesses that made them money, the laser tag place was always in the red. We'd break even in the fall and winter.

For them it was a fun business to help the community, entertain, and have fun.

Attacking Trump through money is Hondo FS.

I think we need to black out today.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Right and Hillary has successfully run what again?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Um. No. The funny thing is. He threw $200 plus million (after netting the real estate sales) into a course that makes $1,000,000 a year. Just think, in 200 years he'll make his money back.
    He probably found a way to show 200 million on paper, which is probably why the IRS is pissed at him. And why he's been audited every year for over a decade. More than likely, he found a loophole to connect certain expenses to the venture to drive down any tax exposure. A term for that is accounting.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    300 acres on the coast in LA...paid $27mm for it...yep, he's quite the dumbshit. A bit under $100k/acre for coastal dirt, clearly The Donald doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

He probably found a way to show 200 million on paper, which is probably why the IRS is pissed at him. And why he's been audited every year for over a decade. More than likely, he found a loophole to connect certain expenses to the venture to drive down any tax exposure. A term for that is accounting.
    Fucktarded post of the year right there. Why would Trump allocate EXPENSES to an asset he'll never sell rather than write off those expenses that year? Is time value of money lost in you too?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

300 acres on the coast in LA...paid $27mm for it...yep, he's quite the dumbshit. A bit under $100k/acre for coastal dirt, clearly The Donald doesn't know what he's doing.

Why do you hate the other $200 million he has into the project?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Alexis said:

Circles around your head is about all I can come up with.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    HuskyInAZ said:

Thought the same thing. Gorgeous land, some of the the best in LA IMO. Too lazy to check but if it can be zoned residential, that was an epic steal.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Thought the same thing. Gorgeous land, some of the the best in LA IMO. Too lazy to check but if it can be zoned residential, that was an epic steal.
    It's a conservation area. Zero chance it gets converted to residential. And again, why do you hate the other $200 million he had into it? Shit like rebuilding the 18th hole and a clubhouse that would be worthless.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Alexis said:

Do you think you're funny?

Hondo better watch out. Looks like you want to steal his woman (?)
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Alexis said: