Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But how was Pool Boy a shit AD?

2»

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I find it amusing when supposedly smart people try to shift accountability to people that have left when it happened right under their noses and if they weren't complicit in it should have known about it.

Apparently the board of regents didn't ask why in the "other" column of the budget there was a 10 million dollar credit, that allowed the budget to almost balance....

And that's suddenly Woodward's fault? Keep selling it Regent Jaech. I'm SURE there's someone out there that will believe you.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

I find it amusing when supposedly smart people try to shift accountability to people that have left when it happened right under their noses and if they weren't complicit in it should have known about it.

Apparently the board of regents didn't ask why in the "other" column of the budget there was a 10 million dollar credit, that allowed the budget to almost balance....

And that's suddenly Woodward's fault? Keep selling it Regent Jaech. I'm SURE there's someone out there that will believe you.
    Hopefully, there won't be UW accounting student who do.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm not a Woodward fan so don't go twisting, but I am thankful we had someone in there who was insistent on getting the stadium done by whatever means necessary. When you're not winning and you're trying to play nice and by the rules at UW you don't get that stadium done.

Now everyone needs to nut the fuck up and realize they gotta fix the budget
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    define "everyone"
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Everyone who was there while all this was happening but is acting like they just showed up
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Just charge 100 per student . Everyone else does it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    so let me be sure I understand some of you... you're happy that a nepotistic little asshat like Woody got a stadium built without knowing how to pay for it and call him a success even though the team has continued to suck balls for going on 16 years.

Wouldn't you rather have an amazing team and the unrenovated stadium?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The best answer is always abundance.

All im saying is it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, this isn't an impossible hole to get out of unless they're going to play the blame game.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/uw-regents-assail-ex-athletic-director-over-growing-deficit/

A University of Washington regent slammed former athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday, saying Woodward did not let the governing board know about a growing deficit in the UW athletic department’s budget.

Regent Jeremy Jaech, the board’s vice chair, described it as “a bad-faith effort” on Woodward’s part to use one-time money, paid in advance to UW for multimedia advertising, and apply it to the budget. Jaech called it “an attempt to make the numbers look better than they really were.”

The bad news here is that the regents already think Jen needs more time.

Just more justification for the hire of Sloppy Tits SDSU.

If you can't identify the timing and agenda, PM Hondo - you will have fun talking in circles.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I find it amusing when liberals continue to mis-manage everything, and their flock continues to be "shocked" afterward.